Author Topic: NONE of the files are working!  (Read 7372 times)

Offline Charmed

• Moderated Members
  • Pooper Scooper
download cut off point
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2006, 12:02:44 PM »
im using Zoo Tycoon 2, is there something different i need 2 do cause im still having problems

Offline tycoonistmaster101

• Zookeeper
    • http://
download cut off point
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2006, 12:23:13 PM »
I know i'v posted something like this before,but now i'v got a new detail. Whenever I try to dl ZT2 animals,it always,no matter what,stops at 82.4,and I mean always. I tryed the ES persain leapord,and I tryed some skin varients,but it always cuts off at 82.4 then says it can't extract because the file is corrupt or damaged. What can I do to get it to dl completely?? This is getting rather annoying. :pinch:

Grrr...ok,I hate to be such I nag,but i'v gone through the folder option,my comp,internet options,and all that jack,and I still can't find the problem. I'm about ready to destroy this thing. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 06:28:13 PM by tycoonistmaster101 »

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
download cut off point
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2006, 12:48:35 PM »
Here is where you can find [topic=2203] Download Instructions [/topic] and a seperate [topic=2500] Download Pictorial [/topic]. One of them will definitely work for you! :original:

Offline ghost

• Zookeeper
  • i like to skin any 1 want to team up?
download cut off point
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2006, 12:48:42 PM »
try downloading again??
or maby your firewall is blocking the download

Offline tazlover

• Zookeeper
download cut off point
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2006, 09:35:31 PM »
Cleeseburg, the problem is that the file is not completely downloaded, that is why I pointed Charmed to Jay's post.

Offline eye_of_the_tiger

• Zookeeper
download cut off point
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2006, 01:15:43 PM »
i have the exact same thing happen to me, only on files that are at least 2 MB. its really frustrating. i could use some help badly.

Offline goldenpuon

• Pooper Scooper
Just Wondering...
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2006, 03:03:25 PM »
My computer does downloads very slow, about 5KB or less per second.  The downloading proccess will get stuck, lets say 25% and not go any further if I'm opening a web page or doing anything else that involves loading on my computer.  My computer is 3 years old and has about 40% of its memory used. I use Netzero internet. Is this downloading trouble because of my internet provider, the amount of space left on my computer, or something else?  Please let me know.

Thanks!

Offline ShenTirag

• Small and Bitter
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • made in a factory and from a special kind of metal
download cut off point
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2006, 03:46:30 PM »
If your computer downloads slowly, that is generally an issue with your internet provider and how fast your connection is.  If you are on a connection sharing with lots of people, this could be the reason your downloads are so slow.

You may also want to investigate your firewall settings.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
download cut off point
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2006, 03:49:13 PM »
Have you tried turning off your Firewall and/or anti-virus? Also, some ISPs won't let you download things that are over 2 MB. Check with your computer administrator first.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
download cut off point
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2006, 03:54:29 PM »
Very true, Shen Tirag! Also, remember dial-ups are MUCH slower than broadband and/or cable.

Offline eye_of_the_tiger

• Zookeeper
download cut off point
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2006, 04:31:06 PM »
ok, i am the administrator, but whats an isp, and how do i change it?

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
download cut off point
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2006, 04:32:02 PM »
ISP is Internet Service Provider - you can't change that unless you change who you get your internet from.

Offline eye_of_the_tiger

• Zookeeper
download cut off point
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2006, 04:50:18 PM »
aah, darn you aol dial up.
im trying to find the firewall and antivirus settings as suggested by cleesburg, not working well.

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
download cut off point
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2006, 05:12:45 PM »
Are you using the AOL browser to download? I suggest NOT. I always use Firefox, only using Internet Explorer when I am forced to, and never, ever use the AOL browser.

Offline ShenTirag

• Small and Bitter
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • made in a factory and from a special kind of metal
download cut off point
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2006, 01:31:02 AM »
Yes, do not use the inbuilt AOL browser, please use Internet Explorer (on computer as default) or Mozilla Firefox (available to download) instead.  I believe another user recently complained about files cutting off when using the AOL browser, and using IE instead helped.

Offline DragonGod

• Pooper Scooper
download cut off point
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2006, 01:45:28 AM »
This may sound very stupid but the same thing happened to me...
the stupid part is that it worked when i turned my printers off. (what they have to do with it, i dont know...)

Offline eye_of_the_tiger

• Zookeeper
download cut off point
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2006, 03:00:01 PM »
ok, is it free? i'll go check. thank you very much.

Offline hupdo1593

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Palawan peacock pheasant
download cut off point
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2006, 04:11:57 PM »
does this work with every download over 2 mb? im scared to download stuff now. so it works with internet explorer, right?

Offline giantfoot_truck

• Pooper Scooper
download cut off point
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2006, 04:43:09 PM »
same thing happened to me, but they dont stop at 82.4, they stop at different percent, please I need help downloading them, Im pretty sure my firewall, antivirus or any security program are open for downloading any file.

but mine is not downloaded completely, its not because the file is corrupted or something, but the download doesn't complete, when I try to resume it wont work. I tried downloading the red footed tortoise and leopard tortoise for zt2 and doesnt download completely, help!

[modnotice=mikaboshi]Please use the edit button rather than double post. Thanks! [/modnotice]
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 05:15:57 PM by mikaboshi »

Offline giantfoot_truck

• Pooper Scooper
Download cannot continue
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2006, 05:02:40 PM »
Hi Im new to this site and I have problem downloading those file for zt2,

I think my problem is different from others because the file that I download cannot complete 100%, when I try to resume it wont work, but there are no winrar or winzip archive popping up or anything, only that i couldn't complete the download, it continue for a few percent and stop at some percent then when I try to resume it it wont work, using dap (download accelerator), and when I try downloading it using normal windows download, the file stop downloading and said it has been aborted by the server or something like it. Please help me, or maybe the author should fix his download, the download is red footed tortoise and leopard tortoise.
help!

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
download cut off point
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2006, 05:17:06 PM »
Threads merged. It is unnecessary to start a new topic on something you're already discussing in another thread. Thank you.

Offline eye_of_the_tiger

• Zookeeper
download cut off point
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2006, 05:27:18 PM »
ok, did firefox, still doesnt work. tried internet explorer, still didnt work. having serious problems with aol and turning off firewalls. sighhh.

Offline hupdo1593

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Palawan peacock pheasant
download cut off point
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2006, 05:40:04 PM »
@ mikaboshi or csleesburg: has this ever happened to you guys when you downloaded stuff (if you did)? would all the downloads work if you have internet explorer, or is some kind of other problem inside the computer or something? cuz i really really want to download the animals here and now im afraid to.:crying: :unsure:

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
download cut off point
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2006, 05:44:00 PM »
I don't understand what you are afraid of hupdo...:blinking: I have never had problems downloading from ZA and I use Firefox. Please explain what you are afraid of as I don't understand what your concern is.

@giantfoot_truck try the suggestions here; can you tell us if you are on dial-up and what browser you use? I recommend NOT using a download manager for this site.

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
download cut off point
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2006, 04:37:30 AM »
Couple of threads merged as we don't really need so many active threads for the same problem. :happy: