Author Topic: Dinosaurs Won't hatch  (Read 1915 times)

Offline kiiioi

• Pooper Scooper
Dinosaurs Won't hatch
« on: December 16, 2006, 01:32:35 PM »
I hope I posted this in the right place... Anyways, I was playing around with my ZT 1 complete edition game and I decided to make a dinosaur but, it wouldn't hatch. I waited for a good 10 min before I figured out it just wasn't going to happen. I tried to play the dino digs basic game play scenario and it wouldn't hatch their either, am I missing a file or something?

Offline tazlover

• Zookeeper
Dinosaurs Won't hatch
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 09:13:01 PM »
Do you have any User Created Items (UCIs) or hacks installed?  If so, I would try removing them and see if that corrects the problem.  If it does then one of them was creating a conflict.  You can add the UCIs/hacks back one at a time, playing the game for a while between additions, until the problem happens again, then remove the last one installed - that is the troublemaker.

Offline dogypig

• Pooper Scooper
Dinosaurs Won't hatch
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 09:28:50 PM »
Do you have any scientists? cuz you to get them so the eggs can hatch so try that.

Offline Silver_Gryphon

• Pooper Scooper
Dinosaurs Won't hatch
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 10:12:05 PM »
I wish I could play ZT1 again :-( My PC can't handle both ZT1 or ZT2, but when I played ZT1, I never had the problem... did you just leave the egg sitting around, or did you have it in an exhibit with a scientist?

Offline kiiioi

• Pooper Scooper
Dinosaurs Won't hatch
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 01:16:10 PM »
I set up the exibit perfectly so I am sure thats not the problem. I can't remember if I had this problem before I downloaded UCI's from here or not... I will try and see if thats the cause. THX for th help. :)

Offline zooluv

• Pooper Scooper
Dinosaurs Won't hatch
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 06:59:17 PM »
I've had that same problem and all it will do is keep making the hatching sound and shake, but other than that nothing.?

Offline shadokitty

• Pooper Scooper
Dinosaurs Won't hatch
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 08:07:14 PM »
I had the same problem the other day. I was playing Valley  of the Dinosaurs, and while my other dinos hatched perfectly, my Herreresaurus egg never did hatch. I even assigned a scientist to it and still nothing. I also noticed a message saying my Herrerosaurus was very sick, yet the scientist never did anything to heal it.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Dinosaurs Won't hatch
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 08:09:16 PM »
Was the scientist able to reach it? If you didn't have a gate or had the gate blocked, or the egg on in island or something, the scientist can't reach it

Offline shadokitty

• Pooper Scooper
Dinosaurs Won't hatch
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 08:19:50 PM »
The scientist  kept walking right up to the egg, so I know he was able to access it. He would walk into the exhibit, walk over to the egg, walk arond the exhibit a little bit and just leave.

Offline Dandelion Mane

• Zookeeper
Dinosaurs Won't hatch
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 11:47:59 AM »
That happened to my friend too.