Author Topic: Maybe this is a dumb question but....  (Read 2428 times)

Offline chelra1969

• Pooper Scooper
Maybe this is a dumb question but....
« on: December 31, 2006, 02:26:46 PM »
Sorry but as a complete noob (how I hate being one, will have to do lots more posts!) but I've been browsing through all the wonderful animals/scenery/objects for download and I need to ask a question. I have both ES and AA installed, so when it says an object - like a path - does not work with AA but works with ES, will it work for me or not?!

Like I said, sorry if this is a stupid question  

Offline marleybug

• Zookeeper
  • Arabians in Spring
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 02:44:38 PM »
That is not a dumb question. I have been here for a while and can honestly say I don't know. I am guessing that it might, but I am not sure. :pinch:

Offline badisbadis101

• Senior Zookeeper
    • My Projects
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 02:54:31 PM »
Probably-not sure though-try it

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 02:57:52 PM »
Quote from: chelra1969;169760
I have both ES and AA installed, so when it says an object - like a path - does not work with AA but works with ES, will it work for me or not?!

Like I said, sorry if this is a stupid question

Sugah, that is NOT a stupid question, but a very intelligent one! :wink: It's understandable you get confused. See when ES came out, some people updated their old stuff (paths) to be compatible with ES. When the update was posted, it said "works with ES". However, when AA came out, those same people did NOT always re-upload their items. Therefore, some of the things that did/do work with ES do not work with AA only.

What you do is install ES and then download any things that say they work with ES. THEN install AA and most of them continue to work. However, I have noticed that 1-2 of my "old" paths ceased to function when I installed AA. So, the answer is: you just have to try and see. Some will work, some will not. That's the best I can tell you. :rolleyes:

Offline Alpha Dilophosaur

• Scientist
  • I reject your reality, and substitute my own!
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 02:59:21 PM »
Dont worry, thats not a stupid question. :thumbsup:
I'm pretty sure a path that would work for ES would work for AA, because the path layout has been in it since the original ZT2, so there would probably be no error. Now for an animal, it might be different. :hmmm:

Offline chelra1969

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 03:07:52 PM »
Well thanks for the advice, everyone! I guess as soon as the dowloads are available again I'll try a couple and see what happens. I'll let you all know how I get on!

Offline hupdo1593

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Palawan peacock pheasant
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 03:19:41 PM »
so would the ES animals by SilesianTomcat work with ES and AA installed? what about any other animal?

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 04:16:40 PM »
Quote from: hupdo1593;169788
so would the ES animals by SilesianTomcat work with ES and AA installed? what about any other animal?

STC has updated all his animals for ES, but you need to make sure and look for the ones that SAY ES compatible. He is just now working on doing AA updates for his animals. He is very good about noting which versions of ZT2 his animals are compatible with.

Offline hupdo1593

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007, 02:25:14 PM »
ok, well i see some zoos with ES animals, AA animals, and MM2 animals, and downloaded animals from this site, so i think that they will work with all the expansions.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 03:15:11 PM »
No, that's not true. Take the Amur Tiger, for example. STC made one for ZT2. Then he made one for ES. Then he updated it for AA. I would assume he would do the same for MM. You have to make sure and get the animal that's compatible with the expansion you have. :original:

Offline hupdo1593

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 03:22:57 PM »
wait, does that mean that some animals WON'T work with all the expansions? i mean i know that ES animals wont work if you only have ZT2 and AA, but i mean if you have all of the expansion packs, wouldnt they work?

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 03:25:58 PM »
They work IF you download the correct version! If you have all the expansions, then download the ones that work with either AA/MM. If you have ES, download the ones that say "ES compatible". Understand? :whistling

Offline hupdo1593

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 03:51:52 PM »
well yeah, i understand that, but if i download an ES animal, chances are that it wont work with AA/MM if i have ES installed, too? is that what ur saying? sorry to be a pain, but i just want to know cuz im buying a computer purposely to get downloads here, so i want to make sure that they will work right.

Offline luckybunny

• Zookeeper
  • Don't kiss flamingoes- it's not healthy
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 04:32:37 PM »
I never get updates and everything workd fine. old animals get the new enrichment and stuff. I have had the amur leopard (and so many more) since I got ES and then I got AA and it worked and then I got MM and it works fine still

Offline hupdo1593

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2007, 05:41:41 PM »
thats great! now i know for sure that my downloads will work! well, i mean im pretty sure.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2007, 06:07:43 PM »
Okay. Any animal made from ZT2 original without ES compatibility will ONLY work with ZT2, no other game. Some animals needed to be updated for AA (Penguinman's Wallaby and Penguins) but for the most part everything works. All ES and AA compatible animals should work with MM.

Offline shecrock

• Zookeeper
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2007, 06:59:40 PM »
That is A good question  A lot of us are'nt sure .And it was A real good answer. As you can see there is no cut an dry answer .So we go forth and down load and what well be, we well see.

Offline chelra1969

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 03:13:59 AM »
Well just to update on my original query, I've downloaded several items (well... quite a lot actually!) and most of them work fine. The only things that don't work are the paths in the Spring pack (they just come out as an outline of a path) and the river otter didn't work at all. Also, the baby pygmy goat looks odd - he has no colour or detail, just a white goaty-shape!
To recap, I'm running ZT2 with AA and ES.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2007, 10:18:33 AM »
Well, if you don't have the animal that the new animal was based on, then it CAN'T show up. You need MM2 in order to use the River Otter, because the Sea Otter, which it is based off of, requires animations, etc, that came with Marine Mania.