Author Topic: Downloading problem  (Read 1197 times)

Offline Claire bear

• Pooper Scooper
Downloading problem
« on: January 04, 2007, 08:57:06 PM »
I want to download a file, and im a registered, but it sais access is denied. what do I do to be able to get the files?

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Downloading problem
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 09:02:08 PM »
Hello Claire Bear, and :welcomean to ZA! Make sure to head over to [topic=507]Introductions[/topic] and say hi to everyone!

As to your question, this generally means that our downloads database is just currently not working correctly. Try again in a while and it should work for you.

Offline Claire bear

• Pooper Scooper
Downloading problem
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 09:12:39 PM »
Ahh! It's just Doing the same thing.I tried 3 different files. I think I might be doing something wrong.I'm putting them in my zt2 updates but it sais it's unable to create the folder and it denies access. I am stumped, I need some help with this!

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Downloading problem
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 09:24:47 PM »
Please do not post in mutliple areas the same thing. You must be patient, as well.

First, download the files to a place like the desktop.

Then, You need to put files you have downloaded in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\downloads or C;\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2

Try this tutorial or this one. There is also this one

Moved to ZT2 Download Support
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 10:07:10 PM by mikaboshi »

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Downloading problem
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 06:49:00 AM »
Dear Claire Bear, also make sure you have all "hidden" files shown (this has to be done by the Administrator). And, also if you see "access is denied" that means the Administrator has not given you the PERMISSION to create new folders. Talk to whoever owns the computer and make sure they either give you the permission or ask them to create the folder you need.

BTW, you don't need to create a Downloads folder, anyway. When you download your first OFFICIAL animal, ZT2 will create it for you. :original: