Author Topic: Fantasy Wolf  (Read 2021 times)

Offline mccaugkm

• Pooper Scooper
Fantasy Wolf
« on: January 09, 2007, 05:44:39 PM »
Just a few hours ago I downloaded Fantasy Wolf for my Zoo Tycoon 2 game. When I opened the game I saw the wolf in the animal adoption section but when I tried to put the wolf into the game it did not show up. It was invisible.

This also happened with Coyote, Bat-Eared Fox, Long-Tailed Weasel, and a few others... Do these require an expansion pack to work? There was no mention from where I downloaded the files that an expansion pack was required.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Fantasy Wolf
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 06:01:30 PM »
You need to have the Expansion that the animal it is based off it is in. FOr the wolf, you need ES, same with coyote and bat-eared, and AA for the weasel.

By the way, welcome to ZA! Don't forget to say hi in the [topic=507]Introductions[/topic] thread

Offline mccaugkm

• Pooper Scooper
Fantasy Wolf
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 06:04:00 PM »
*sigh* I really hope Zoo Tycoon creates expansion packs for MAC users...

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Fantasy Wolf
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 06:11:58 PM »
I'm thinking that they won't unfortunately. There just isn't enough Mac users to justify the cost of doing it. I personally own a PC and a Mac, and leave the Mac for all of my production stuff (not ZT2 stuff) and the PC for gaming. You can get PCs for sooo cheap these days.

Offline mccaugkm

• Pooper Scooper
Fantasy Wolf
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 06:29:48 PM »
Yeah, unfortunately my major requires a mac computer. i duno though, i think a lot of factors could be behind the whole "mac versions didn't sell as much" - i had to buy the game for $40 where PC users could buy it for around $25.

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Fantasy Wolf
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 06:37:19 PM »
That's because you have to pay two sets of people - the Microsoft people who made it initially, and then the company they hire (Aspire, for instance) who has to convert it. Most mac users just aren't demanding games like ZT2. The ones that are are already there - Sims, WoW, stuff like that.

My major uses macs as well; thats why I have both. But you can do all of your adobe stuff on pc or mac, and have it transfer completely with no problems. I do it daily. If that's what you are doing, of course.

Offline mccaugkm

• Pooper Scooper
Fantasy Wolf
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 06:47:36 PM »
Yeah. I duno - I'll stay hopeful that maybe sometime an expansion pack will be released :) Know any tricks on how to make the new patch work for the mac version?

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Fantasy Wolf
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 06:52:05 PM »
Nope, can't happen. They are entirely different entities; that's why another company has to be hired to make a mac version; its quite costly and while mac coding is easy, its hard to transfer all pc files to all mac files.