Author Topic: Where are my animals?  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Ramune

• Pooper Scooper
  • Bubbly
    • Captive Hearts
Where are my animals?
« on: February 21, 2007, 10:26:42 AM »
I'm pretty sure I know where to put my downloads, I found a thread that pointed me in the right direction. It sent me into Windows Explored and had a nice picture. ^_^ I'm currently putting my downloads in:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\downloads\zootycoon_com_zt2_1033\1015_1.0
Is this correct?

My trouble is, some of the files I downloaded aren't working. The files that aren't working are titled:
aqtheme1.ztd
Commerson's Dolphin.dl

I think these are inapropriate file names...they don't have the nice ZT:MM logo icon that the files that DO work have. When I downloaded those files though, that's all that came in the zip folder. Are these something totally different than the new animals that I'm looking for? Do I have to do something special with these?

Oh, and I have the Original ZT, as well as Marine Mania.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Re: Where are my animals?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 10:30:18 AM »
Those files are for ZT1 not ZT2. ZT2 files end with .z2f

Also, you are going too far. Downloads go in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\downloads\ and thats it. Don't open any more folders.

Any files that have animals NOT from the expansions you have (ZT2 and MM) then those wont work either.

Offline Ramune

• Pooper Scooper
  • Bubbly
    • Captive Hearts
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 08:02:51 AM »
ZT1? Boo...that's sad...
Thanks for your help though! ^_^

Offline koleking

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 10:28:32 AM »
 :snew: I have tried everything and I mean everything for downloads to show. But I downloaded some animals from Zookapi and saved them to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2. This sounds similar to csleesburg's method, but I don't have to copy and paste everything. Is my method right, and will I see my downloaded animals from this site in the game? Can you put me through to someone who can answer my question if you can't?  :sthanks:  :D

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 11:23:04 AM »
Right now our Downloads section isn't working. We are still trying to get them from the old ZA site but so far no luck. So that's why you can't download yet.  :csl:

Offline koleking

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 09:12:07 AM »
 :sthanks: But do you know if my way will work when you manage to get the downloads back up again?

Offline Nique

• Just Nique... nothin' fancy
  • Global Moderator
  • Scientist
    • NotionsbyNique*
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 10:19:48 AM »
That should work koleking as long as you do not include the .dl file that often comes with downloads.

Offline koleking

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 11:22:22 AM »
That's the icon showing a picture of a page with one of its corners folded over, isn't it?
How do I get rid of this page to make sure it doesn't unzip into the program with the main file? I probably just delete it, yes?