Author Topic: flaming?  (Read 1131 times)

Offline DezinerofZoos

• Pooper Scooper
flaming?
« on: February 27, 2007, 08:35:32 PM »
I had a topic about ZT1 being better than its sequel, and it was close, because of 'flaming'. what is flaming?

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Re: flaming?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 08:52:19 PM »
It must have been your choice of words, because "flaming" as it says in the Rules, is:

13. Flaming
What is flaming ?
Flaming is making a post to say something about another member or site that is not nice, Examples of this are saying the site is junky or this person does ugly work. These are just mild examples but this sort of thing is unacceptable. When posting where you want to say something about someone or another site try to think of how you would like to be spoke about and post accordingly.

ZA Policy on ZT websites that flame and allow flaming
Zoo Admin promotes a family oriented and friendly Zoo Tycoon community. Therefore the following now applies:

Zoo Admin will not support websites or site members that openly flame other Zoo Tycoon websites, their staff or their members. Any advertising or reference to those sites may be removed from the site at the staffs discretion.

Zoo Admin will no longer support authors who openly flame other Zoo Tycoon websites. All Zoo Tycoon Animals, Objects, Packs, Utilities and Hacks from those authors will be removed from our site. We also will no longer be providing technical support for their works.
Flaming will carry consequences, including but not limited to immediate banning from Zoo Admin of your user name and IP address.

Offline DezinerofZoos

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 09:02:43 PM »
ah...i see...i was 'flaming' ZT2 then i guess....my bad

Offline ladygreeneyes

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 03:57:30 AM »
Well, I might be guilty of a little of that myself...  Really, both games have their plusses, and there are some really fun features in the second, but there are things I really miss about the first one.  I like the way the animals looked more real, and not so "cartoony", and that you could sell animals for profit (makes logical sense), while in ZT2, you are actually charged to adopt one out (totally illogical...).  Also, I thought that ZT1 was more challenging in exhibit design;with Z2, there is no challenge at all, as everything you need is recommended specifically by the zookeeper, and the biome brush takes out all the guesswork.  In fairness, my son likes the new one better, as it is easier for him; I prefer more of a challenge.

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
  • E Spheniscidae, Spheniscidae
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 05:08:14 AM »
I wasn't saying it was flaming, but it might lead to flaming of members.