Author Topic: Tales of the Past  (Read 4818 times)

Offline King Hoopla

• Zookeeper
  • The King of Excitment!
    • Zoo Tycoon Volcano
Tales of the Past
« on: March 21, 2007, 06:11:21 AM »
These are the tales of the Hooplite Organization Organized for Prehistoric Life Association(H.O.O.P.L.A.). Our mission is simple: to bring the creatures of the past back to life and show them to the world. We go back in time to study the animals in their native habitat, so that we might best suit the needs of our cloned ones.

Team Profiles:

Luigi(me): Leader of H.O.O.P.L.A. His mission is to make sure the missions go smoothly.
Jim: Head Tehcnician. Makes sure everything works.
Bob: Animal Expert. Knows even more about the past than Luigi.
John: Camera Man. Takes the pictures you see.
Jane: Paleo-Botonist. Studies the prehistoric plants and the diet of herbivores. Also a handy Vet.

Our first mission is to the Mid-Cretaceous of Asia to find the feathered dinosaurs.

Episode 1: The Feathered Dinos of Asia

"Get that portal set up, Jim!" I say.
"Just a second... there." Jim put the second generator into the ground. The Portal was open. Me and the crew walked through and emergen in a jungle much like the one we had just left.
"Uh, are you sure this worked? It looks just like the jungle we were in a moment ago." I say to the crew.
"Positive. There are pterosaurs soaring overhead." Bob replies. He was right. This was The Prehistoric Jungle of Cretaceous Asia.

Offline riseofthedinos

• Zookeeper
  • Dinomantor 3:Rise Of the dinos
Re: Tales of the Past
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 01:56:32 PM »
cool.I wondered if you post this story on zoo admin.

Offline King Hoopla

• Zookeeper
  • The King of Excitment!
    • Zoo Tycoon Volcano
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 03:19:21 PM »
I would've posted it sooner, but the site was down. Anyway, here's more:

The team traveled for hours without payoff. Night fell, and we had to set up camp. At daybreak, John woke us up.
"Come quick, I found something!" we followed him, and he showed us a flock of Avimimus! There were at least 8 of them. They were hunting for insects.
"I've got a plan..." I said. We got a log and rolled it nearby. It was hollow and crawling with insects.
"This'll work nicely. They'll come right for the log, and we can trap one." We waited at the Log for the Avimimus to come...

Offline Seadragon

• Zookeeper
  • Hunting for dogs...
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 03:36:53 PM »
Wow, great story.  :goodpost: And by the way, where did you get those Avimimus?

Offline King Hoopla

• Zookeeper
  • The King of Excitment!
    • Zoo Tycoon Volcano
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 03:40:27 PM »
It's available at my site, Zoo Tycoon Volcano. It's an exclusive though, so you have to join to get it.

Offline Seadragon

• Zookeeper
  • Hunting for dogs...
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 08:24:52 PM »
Thanks, Hoopla. By the way, great story! :goodjob: And I might join the site, so you may see me. :bounce:

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 04:18:58 AM »
I've joined ZTV, so I've read all of this story so far. Anyways, great stuff!

Offline King Hoopla

• Zookeeper
  • The King of Excitment!
    • Zoo Tycoon Volcano
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 06:54:14 AM »
Thanks guys. Anyway, Here's more:

After what seemed like hours, I was awakened by rustling.
"The trap! Something is at the logs!" I shouted. We all looked at the trap, but it was no Avimimus...
"Wow! A pair of Caudipteryx!" They were looking at the log. They then went to eat the bugs, one in either side of the log. Watching them eat was amazing. The Dino-Birds then walked off towards the avimimus flock.

The 2 species of Dino-Birds were coexisting peacefully with each other. After several hours of observation, something else was coming.
"What is that?" asked a crew member.
"I'm not sure."
The creatures walked closer, and we could make them out.
Bob stated, "These must be Protarchaeopteryx! Note the distinctive features, the arms, blah blah blah..." After 5 minutes he finally finished.

A short time later, Jane pointed out something strange about the behaviour of the dinos. "They seem tense."
Suddenly, they all started running in diffrent directions. I turned around and saw a terrifying figure.
"Ahhhhh! It's a...

Offline Seadragon

• Zookeeper
  • Hunting for dogs...
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 09:40:12 AM »
Wow! I wonder what it is! Great story! and ive joined ZTV. But i cant download anything for some reason. :ohmy

Offline riseofthedinos

• Zookeeper
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 03:39:23 PM »

Wow! I wonder what it is! Great story! and ive joined ZTV. But i cant download anything for some reason. :ohmy
That weid i downloaded a buch a flies just a minute ago and they all worked fine,it might be when more then one person is downloading or something.anyway great story Kh.

Offline badisbadis101

• Senior Zookeeper
    • My Projects
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 03:58:38 PM »
where did you DL the proarcheoptrix?

great story!

:goodjob:

Offline riseofthedinos

• Zookeeper
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 04:10:36 PM »

where did you DL the proarcheoptrix?

great story!

:goodjob:
He hasent realsed yet,he said it might realse as part of PP3.

Offline King Hoopla

• Zookeeper
  • The King of Excitment!
    • Zoo Tycoon Volcano
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 04:18:34 PM »
I made it, and it's not out yet. It's not finished either, just some monor patching to do on it. Anyway, here's the next part:

"It's a Tarbosaurus!" I yell. The crew started panicing.
"Quick, set up the portal!" Jim set up the potal and the crew took everything through. The Tarbosaurus isolated an Avimimus from the flock. The Tarbosaurus chased the Avimimus into the portal. We got through the portal and shut it just before the Tarbosaurus got to the portal.
"That was close. We should be more careful next time." I said. John had the closest encounter. The giant coelurosaur ripped his shirt as he lept through the portal.

That's it for episode 1. Episode 2 is coming out soon! If you go to Zoo Tycoon Volcano, you can see a preview of it.

Offline Seadragon

• Zookeeper
  • Hunting for dogs...
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2007, 05:02:18 PM »
I just saw the preview. Its great. I cant tell what it is though. It'll spoil the surprise. And by the way, on ZTV, how did you make that Sea Nettle Jellyfish?

Offline riseofthedinos

• Zookeeper
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 07:59:45 PM »

I just saw the preview. Its great. I cant tell what it is though. It'll spoil the surprise. And by the way, on ZTV, how did you make that Sea Nettle Jellyfish?
that was made by icytree,ZTV is just one of the site he host it at

Offline jakeeh11

• Zookeeper
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2007, 05:10:43 AM »
Ohh.. pretty portal light. Very creative to use that, instead of the crystal tunnel.

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2007, 06:55:40 PM »
By the way, Tarbosaurus is a coelurosaur!?

Offline beagleboy21

• Zookeeper
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2007, 09:23:30 PM »
Nice!
note: i didn't insult you, thats rareish.

Offline luckybunny

• Zookeeper
  • Don't kiss flamingoes- it's not healthy
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2007, 07:07:47 AM »
oohh aaww... your prehistoric parks are way better then mine... maybe cause I don't have DD but I still have all those downloads

Offline King Hoopla

• Zookeeper
  • The King of Excitment!
    • Zoo Tycoon Volcano
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2007, 05:47:26 PM »

By the way, Tarbosaurus is a coelurosaur!?

Some scientists now believe tyrannosaurids are coelurosaurs, despite their size. Anyway, here's part 2!

Episode 2: King of North America

We steped through the portal and a prehistoric forest spread out before us.
"So this is Cretaceous Montana...I like the modern version better." said Jim.
"Wow! Look at that!" I pointed to a herd of Triceratops migrating through the forest. Our cameraman John couldn't resist the chance to get a Close-up with a curious Triceratops.

Offline Eragon845

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2007, 05:50:50 PM »
Nice pics of the triceratops! :goodjob:Those have got to be some of my favorite Dinosaurs ever. :clap:

Offline King Hoopla

• Zookeeper
  • The King of Excitment!
    • Zoo Tycoon Volcano
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2007, 03:21:48 PM »
Finally, here's more Tales of the Past:

As we watched the great herbivores, we were suprised when a herd of styracosaurus appeared. They went right into the triceratops herd. They seemed to be using their larger cousins for protection. The triceratops didn't mind, as the 2 herds of ceratopsians were coexisting peacefully. Well, almost.

It was mating season. The males of both species were competing for the females. Here we see two triceratops jousting for the right to mate. John got right into the herd to snap a picture of the winner. The styracosaurus were jousting as well. Here are the two top males competing. The victor reared up to display his dominance in his herd. Things seemed good for the ceratopsians. Or so we thought...

Offline rtully

• Pooper Scooper
  • I love the smell of biology in the morning.
    • Dizzy Technology and Gaming
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2007, 09:24:22 PM »
Very interesting story!  :goodpost:

Offline King Hoopla

• Zookeeper
  • The King of Excitment!
    • Zoo Tycoon Volcano
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2007, 03:40:17 PM »
Night was quickly approaching. The team set up a camp. Everyone was getting ready to go to sleep, when we heard a faint roar. A few minutes later, we heard a scream. It was Jane. She had seen the deadliest carnivore ever to walk the face of the Earth, Tyrannosaurus Rex. But there was not just one of these terrifying monster, there was a whole pack of them. The Tyrannosaurus pack loomed on the horizon, looking for food...

The triceratops thundered to defend their herd from this pack of killers. At the river, they faced off against the tyrannosaur pack. Even the Tyrand Lizard King couldn't penetrate this mass of horns. They Tyrannosaurus retreated from the triceratops, not willing to risk being impaled by the horned herbivores. This was not the last we saw of those predators, however.

Offline King Hoopla

• Zookeeper
  • The King of Excitment!
    • Zoo Tycoon Volcano
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007, 01:27:06 PM »
Now the conclusion of Episode 2:

Some time later, the Tyrannosaur pack returned. They charged at the triceratops herd, startlyng them. While the triceratops mounted a defense, the smaller styracosaurs scattered, just what the carnivores wanted. The Tyrannosaurs easily isolate a female styracosaurus. The rest of the herd scatters.

A Tyrannosaur has left the pack to run down its own kill. He chases another styracosaurus. The one hope for the styracosaur is to get across the deep river ahead. The styracosaurus plunges into the raging waters of the river. This river is not wide, but deep and fast-flowing, spelling doom for most creatures that enter it. The styracosaur struggles, but somehow makes it across. Ignoring the danger, the T. rex jumps in after the ceratopsian, only to find himself being carried away by the raging water. Here is where H.O.O.P.L.A. leaves the Cretaceous period, not wanting to stick around for dessert.