Author Topic: Pokemon  (Read 11602 times)

Offline Goldenmarmoset

• Pooper Scooper
Re: Pokemon
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2007, 10:20:29 AM »
You get heart scales from Luvdisc, and daycare does to help friendship just slower than other methods.

Offline Eriorguez

• Zookeeper
    • http://
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2007, 11:57:53 AM »
No it doesn't. The things that raise happiness are:
-Walking 256 steps with the Pokemon in your party.
-Get your Pokemon groomed by Gary's sister in Firered.
-Give Vitamins to the Pokemon.
-Usage in important battles, such as the E4.
-Level up.

That's it. The rest, excluiding Shoote Bell, are miths.

Offline african_elephant_2006

• Zookeeper
  • Remember the elephants. Forget ivory!
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2007, 12:03:54 PM »

Offline Eriorguez

• Zookeeper
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2007, 01:52:53 PM »
You can also breed Leech Seed onto it and teach it Substitute, making a SubSeeder, a very annoying strategy.

BTW, remember that those moves will be Physical in Diamond/Pearl, so you should use Swords Dance with them.

Offline Seadragon

• Zookeeper
  • Hunting for dogs...
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2007, 01:59:25 PM »

Thanks Eriorguez but what dose "Take out of it the Everstone" Mean, I just didn't understand it sorry. But Thanks For The Info  :ty1: And Dose Slakoth Evolve but using a Leaf Stone On It Coz I Dont Have One.. I Have No Problmes On Heart Scales...I got 10  :D

where do you get heart scales?!?!? I want to teach my sceptile something besides cut.

Heart Scales, eh? Luvdisc usually hold those when you catch one. As for your Sceptile, my recommendations for attacks would be Crunch, Earthquake, Dragon Claw, or Leaf Blade. You can get Crunch by breeding, Earthquake and Dragon Claw by TMs, and Leaf Blade comes naturally by leveling it up. Hope I helped you! :happy:

My sceptile already has leafblade.  :thumbsup:

Offline african_elephant_2006

• Zookeeper
  • Remember the elephants. Forget ivory!
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2007, 03:15:25 PM »
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 06:35:33 PM by african_elephant_2006 »

Offline DinoMania

• Zookeeper
  • Go!! Pokemon Team!!
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2007, 11:55:26 PM »
Ahhh. Old Pikachu... Very Old... One Of The First Pokemon Made...
LoL.. I found my heart scales on Slateport beach and the surrounding area...

Offline adam1990

• Senior Zookeeper
    • Zoo Tycoon 101
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2007, 03:36:31 AM »

No it doesn't. The things that raise happiness are:
-Walking 256 steps with the Pokemon in your party.
-Get your Pokemon groomed by Gary's sister in Firered.
-Give Vitamins to the Pokemon.
-Usage in important battles, such as the E4.
-Level up.

That's it. The rest, excluiding Shoote Bell, are miths.

Don't pokeblocks also make them happy if it is the right kind?

Offline Eriorguez

• Zookeeper
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2007, 11:01:34 AM »
No. The likeability only gives a positive or negative boost to the increase of that contest stat. But it won't matter, I have a Milotic who doesn't like blue Pokeblocks, and you need almost max beauty to evolve Feebas, and blue Pokeblocks are the Beauty boosting ones.

Pikachu is one of those Pokemon that is equally useful in it's current and evolved forms: Raichu is faster, sturdier and has a wider movepool, while Pikachu has Light Ball, and it holding it allows it to reach an actual Special Attack stat on par with that of Kyogre and Deoxys. (But remember, In D/P, Pichu learns the move Nasty Plot, with has the same efect as the Light Ball, and is devastating when Raichu uses it).

In that moveset, I suggest you to Remplace Atract with Thunder Wave. A paralized Pokemon is a Doomed Pokemon, while an attracted one will just Switch out.

Offline adam1990

• Senior Zookeeper
    • Zoo Tycoon 101
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2007, 11:42:35 AM »
^Pikachu and Raichu are cool, but their defense is terrible.

Offline Eriorguez

• Zookeeper
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2007, 03:41:47 PM »
Base 30 in Physical and Base 40 in Special for Pikachu is very bad. Raichu, at least, has base 55 and 80 in them, but still has terrible HP, and their speed is only good in the Underused game.

(Base stat is the lowest value in a stat a Pokemon can have at Level 50 without a hindering nature. That means, you have no effort put in the training of that stat and the worst genetics for that stat. They are the values the game uses to calculate the stats of any Pokemon, and they are a reference to what the stats are in general and compared with other species).

Fun fact: All Eeveelutions have the same numbers as base stats: 65, 65, 60, 95, 110 and 130, and all changes between the different species are just diferent Positions. For example, Flareon has 65 Base Speed and HP, 60 Defense, 95 SpAtk, 110 SpDef and 130 Atk, and is deemed a bad Pokemon; while Umbreon has 95 HP, 60 SpAtk, 65 Atk, 65 Spd, 110 Def and 130 SpDef and is consireded a very good Pokemon (if only to make your foe waste PP: A sweeper can't sweep if it lacks the tools to sweep).
This also happens with alternative evolutions (Slowbro and Slowking, they switch their Defenses, the rest is the same), version counterparts (Mantine and Skarmory; Kyogre and Groudon: They switch their Physical and Special stats), or even other cases similar to the Eeveelutions (Gyarados and Milotic; Mewtwo, Lugia and Ho-Oh). There are also cases of same base stats on different Pokemon, and they are intentional (Charizard and Typhlosion; Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, Shaymin) or unintentional (Glalie and Phione).

Offline Panda Lover

• Pooper Scooper
    • PandaMania
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2007, 12:57:18 PM »
Wobbufett is amazing! I had a level 30 wobbufett and it's HP was more than 200! Wynaut is good too!

Offline Eriorguez

• Zookeeper
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2007, 12:49:41 PM »
Wobbufet is banned. That means it's too good: You can't switch out to something that can defeat it fast, and it'll make you repeat the last attack you did to spam Counter/Mirror Coat.

But it's worthless in-game.

BTW: Chansey has more PS.

Offline adam1990

• Senior Zookeeper
    • Zoo Tycoon 101
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2007, 03:55:25 AM »
Try Cradilly @ leftovers(this is mine):
Toxic
Ingrain
Confuse Ray
Ancient Power/Earthquake (mine knows ancientpower, but earthquake is probably better)

Or Skarmory @ leftovers (also mine):
Spikes
Rest
Whirwind
Toxic

For Skarmory, use spikes, then toxic, then whirwind, repeat whirlwind and toxic until hopefully foe dies.  Rest if weak.

Cradilly, use toxic, ingrain, and confuse ray and just watch the foe gradually faint from toxic.  Use earthquake or ancient power if needed.

And Wobuffet isn't so bad to ban.

Offline Eriorguez

• Zookeeper
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2007, 06:36:20 AM »
It is. Centralices play about using Wobbufet and things that counter Wobbufet. If you think about it, it's the same that happens if you use Mewtwo or Lugia.

Take Toxic away, and use some offensive move in Skarm: You need to not be Truanted.

Offline adam1990

• Senior Zookeeper
    • Zoo Tycoon 101
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2007, 10:10:20 AM »
^That is true, and I may, because I duplicated my Skarmory that once knew toxic, but I may change this attack with your help.  Thanks.  

I'm not fond of using legendaries either... however, I don't consider Wobuffet cheap like legendaries.

Offline Panda Lover

• Pooper Scooper
    • PandaMania
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2007, 11:40:17 AM »
I got a pokémon game that you can catch wobbufett in.

Offline Eriorguez

• Zookeeper
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2007, 12:00:01 PM »
That's another mith: Legendaries are cheap.

Take, for example, Dragonite. It's stats are on par, if not slighty higher, that those of most legendaries, and it has a wider movepool.

Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross and a new D/P Pokemon suffer from the same thing.

Did you ever though they where cheap? No.

Then, take Registeel: It has good defenses, but lacks any attacking movepool, and those defenses are not on par with it's HP. Plus, it's weak to Earthquake and Focus Punch, 2 very common attacks, and it can be surprised with a Fire attack.

Now, take Gyarados: Great attack and Special defense, average Speed and Defense, and not very good Special Attack. It's trait is intimidate, that helps with it's defense problem and can make your opponent switch out, giving you a free turn. It can use Dragon Dance, allowing it to outspeed almost everything and kill almost everything. It has the disadvantage of being very weak to Electric, but it sometimes survives an attack, and then uses Earthquake.

Which one is more powerful and useful? That's it, the non-legendary.

Keep in mind that most legendaries, specially the ones member of trios, have pretty common stats, and no one of them have any stat with over 125 as Base (compare with Alakazam's base 135 SpAtk). They suffer from movepool problems, making them have to use Hidden Power if it's of a good type.

Then, there are the Ubers: Ubers are Pokemon that take variety out of the metagame, due to it having to be about themselves and some other limited things. The Ubers ARE Mewtwo (very good stats for sweeping, and infinite movepool), Mew (Movepool), Lugia (Invincible with Recover and Calm Mind), Ho-Oh (massive special defense and huge attack), Kyogre (special sweeper and tank), Groudon (Physical sweeper and tank, and a GREAT team player), Rayquaza (Salamence Deluxe, able to sweep in both sides), Deoxys (fast Rayquaza), Deoxys-Atk (Outclases all other sweepers, incluiding other Ubers), Deoxys-Def (Doesn't die) and Deoxys-Spd (Balanced and always goes first). Wobbufet is also Uber, due to it being lethal and broken in good hands.

And you can get Wobby in any game since Gold/Silver... ¬_¬