Author Topic: updates  (Read 1482 times)

Offline maximum411

• Pooper Scooper
updates
« on: April 01, 2007, 05:42:50 AM »
Why does CC have the update feature if it comes with all the available updates?
Also, are there any other official downloads besides the sable antelope that didn't come with CC?

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Re: updates
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 11:55:54 AM »
You will find that an update feature will come with most every game that gets released. This is done so after release when bugs are found it's easier for you to obtain the needed patches and updates that get made to address these issues.

As far as I know the Sable Antelope and Magnet the Polar Bear are the only animals that were released after the release of CC. With CC and adding these 2 animals you should have everything that was officially released for ZT 1.

Offline maximum411

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 06:04:08 PM »
Are you sure Magnet doesn't come with CC, because when I don't do the download, I still have Magnet.
BTW, how come the sable antelope isn't download when I do "check internet for updates".
Thanks,
maximum411

Offline Zookreeper

• Global Moderator
  • Scientist
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 07:09:48 PM »
I believe that Magnet does come with ZTCC I have ZTCC and as far as I can recall Magnet has always been in my game. The Sable Antelope does not come with CC. I believe that this animal was made for the game but not included. I'm sure that you can get it from the download section when it is fully up and running. If memory serves that is where I got it from. If you have CC you don't need to update. Dinodigs contains all the latest updates for the game and comes with CC. I hope this helps you out some.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 05:40:47 AM by Zookreeper »

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 08:38:55 PM »
For adding files to ZTCC or other versions of Zoo Tycoon 1 we don't recomend using the ingame features. The old ZT website that used to have all the downloads that the game will look for is no longer accessable. Everything has been moved to the new website and not all is available there. As far as I know there will be nor further updates for ZT 1 except what site designers provide.

The Sable antelope will be made available here at ZA when we get to that stage in the uploading.

When it becomes available do not use "check internet for updates" or the "check local machine"
features in game but do the install manually. These features add extra files that aren't needed and can cause some games to crash. We are not sure why this happens but we do know it does happen.

Please check the Zoo Tycoon 1 Download support forum for manual install instructions. It can be found here Installing ZT1 Downloads

Offline maximum411

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 04:43:28 AM »
Thanks!
P.S. Was the sable antelope the only download to come out after CC, then?