Author Topic: Reef biome rocks having problems >.>  (Read 1003 times)

Offline BottleNoseDolphin1

• Zookeeper
Reef biome rocks having problems >.>
« on: April 06, 2007, 11:40:55 AM »
hi, my reef rocks in mm2 have some graphical problems. when ever i put any type of reef rock in a tank or on land, it either turns white or they dissapear.:eggcrazy i have my object deatail settings on high and it happend after i installed my nividia GeForce 4000. also, the foliage animations (like trees swaying in the wind,ect) are not working; even with the animation setting on high  :eggsad any help would be gratly appreciated

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Re: Reef biome rocks having problems >.>
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 03:35:08 PM »
I would suggest updating your graphics card drivers. Even if its brand new and came with drivers, its possible that an update occured while the product was on the shelf.

As long as you have XP and are connected to the internet (can't tell you how to do it with other systems unfortunately) Right click on "My Computer" on your desktop (or in your start menu). Then go to "Properties". Next You'll want to click the Harware tab at the top (it shoud be between "computer name" and "Advanced". Now that you haev selected the Hardware tab, select the "Device Manager" button. This will bring up a list of all of the hardware that your computer has. Go to "Display Adapters" and click the little plus sign. It should bring down a one or two things. Mine, for instance, has "Radeon 9550" and "Radeon 9550 Secondary". Right click on the first one and hit "Update driver". XP will automatically go into the web and search for a driver update. If it doesn't come up with anything type in google the name of the card (in my case, I would type "Radeon 9550 drivers"). Hopefully this works!