Author Topic: Startup money  (Read 2523 times)

Offline Zookreeper

• Global Moderator
  • Scientist
Startup money
« on: April 13, 2007, 10:57:17 AM »
How much money do you typically use when you start a freeform zoo? Do you use the money cheet? Is your zoo ini file modified to give you more money than the game is set for?

I would like to hear from you zookeepers out there as to how you usually begin your zoos. Just take a minute to give a brief answer to each of the above questions. Also I'm curious as to your zoo pricing, enrty fee, food, ect. If any one uses money making user items such as Pixiger's hotels or the like please mention thea as well.   Thank You for your time       Zookreeper

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
Re: Startup money
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 11:22:00 AM »
Well, normally when I do a freeform zoo I'm more concerned about building than money. :laugh:  I usually start out with the max $500 000 or sometimes use the money cheat before I start building... depends on how big the zoo is and what I'm planning to do.

As for pricing, I usually leave everything as default, but every once in a while I might hike it up a dollar or something like that, maybe less if I'm feeling nice and really did a lot of money cheating. :laugh:

Offline Bengal_Tiger

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 12:54:55 AM »
I usually start with the money cheat as I like to spend loads of money on beautifying my zoos and building really big natural exhibits. I even use it on scenarios.

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • Administrator
  • Game Warden
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ladyslopokes
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 08:12:47 PM »
Well my friend, you have seen my zoos so there is no doubt that I will generally start all of my standard small zoos at the highest game default of $500,000. However, if I'm building on one of my own maps there is a lot more starting money because I'll use the cheat to set up a good starting fund to make the map itself.

The gate admission fee stays at the default of $22 when I first open the zoo. As more guests begin to arrive (and the GH starts to go down because of it) I'll raise the admission price by $2. Usually by the time I've completed a small zoo the price may range between $28 and $30.

Buildings: that depends on the building sometimes. Some of the restaurants will have the default price raised, while those that are user made may have the price lowered because I think it might be too high. Some of the food stands will have their prices raised by at least 50 cents in order to make a profit more quickly, such as the drink stand, hot dog stand and ice cream stand.

The one thing I have never done is mess around with the games' .ini file...with my luck I'd blow out the programming and would have to do my unistall/reinstall bit again  :crash:

I hope this will be helpful to you.  :wub:

Offline catfan

• Zookeeper
  • Small or big, don't mess with the cat!
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 08:42:08 PM »
Whenever I play ZT1, I always go to $500,000! No less! LOL! :D

Offline Zookreeper

• Global Moderator
  • Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 04:57:31 AM »
Thank You for your responces guys. It has been a week since I started this thread and I know that we have more than 4 ZT1 players on this site so I'm going to wait a bit longer. I do want to know how the membership generaly plays this game, so I would like some more responces. What do you say, help me out here and post your starup money stratagies. I assure you that there is a madness to my method!

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 12:24:18 PM »
OK OK no need to be pushy  :woot: :whistling: You broke my arm.. see that he's using his muscle  :P

If I'm just going to play with an ingame map I always take the full 500,000 route and if I need it later and I have the forever fences hack installed I will use the money cheat if I really need to.

If I am working on a map I have made then 1,000,000 is my starting point so I know I have enough to last. I usually only work on large maps hence the reason for the large amount of money is obvious. But even the odd med or small map will take the same amount depending on the decorating I have in store.

I do plan most of the zoos I do before they are done sometimes just in my head and wing it but most of the time they are planed and layed out on paper first.