Author Topic: game crash-my comp too "strong"?  (Read 1568 times)

Offline gysca

• Pooper Scooper
  • this is my horoscope
game crash-my comp too "strong"?
« on: April 13, 2007, 03:40:30 PM »
6PM

hiya everyone. it's been a VERY long time since I've post something in ZA :) as the matter of fact, it's almost 3 full years.. geez, time flies.

anyway, my question. my current computer (Intel Core2Duo 2.6GHz, 2GB RAM, 256MB video card) is about 2 generations newer than it was when I first got ZT (it was the great ol' Pentium3 500MHz w/ 512MB RAM, 64MB video card). could it be the reason why I can't play ZT? the computer lets me get in the game and I can choose tutorial. the minute the tutorial told me to press the - and + sign, the monitor went black and the error reporting thing pops up. so I thought, I should adjust stuff first. again, the computer lets me get in the game and I choose freeform. I adjusted the setting and I can do the money cheat, I can build an exhibit, I can put terrain, but when I choose the animal, the monitor went black again and the error reporting stuff pops up again!

strange. I haven't tried using the compatibility stuff that WinXP comes with though. probably I need to use that before posting this, but well, just in case if anybody that had experienced something like this and can give me some clue as to what's going on. btw the game runs fine, although a little slow and can't blend the terrain in an older laptop that my daughter uses (a Dell laptop, P3 750MHz, 512MB ram, 8MB video card if not mistaken).

anybody has a clue? please enlighten me. thanks and have a great weekend. happy first friday the 13th of the year ^_^

edit -- the compatibility stuff (right click on zoo.exe, properties, compatibility tab, put check mark on first box, choose Win98/ME, click apply) makes the game worse, won't even load!

edit2 -- the game somehow is willing to be nice to me, it works OK now after 3 uninstall-reinstall processes. will be adding the official add-ons probably tomorrow while hoping the game is still working fine. :ty1: for reading this post. mods pls close if possible.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 08:15:41 PM by gysca »

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Re: game crash-my comp too "strong"?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 11:04:54 PM »
When you reinstalled did you install the patch??

By the sounds of things you may have to install the patch to get it working properly.