Author Topic: For or Against User-made downloads?  (Read 2219 times)

Offline adam1990

• Senior Zookeeper
    • Zoo Tycoon 101
For or Against User-made downloads?
« on: April 20, 2007, 10:07:46 AM »
I am half for them.  I like the original animals and use them.  I also like how people have made animals (I have tried myself), but I don't like using them in the game, I think they seem unofficial.  I like blue fang's animals.  However, I don't mind so much, because if I don't download them, then it fits my needs because I'm not fond of them.  What do you think?

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Re: For or Against User-made downloads?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 10:39:45 AM »
I voted for, which is probably not a huge surprise. If it wasn't for user made downloads (those made by others as well as being able to make my own) I would probably have lost interest in ZT2 a while ago. It allows us to add things to our zoo that we wouldn't otherwise get, and in my opinion many of the usermades are as good or better than the official ones.

Offline Nique

• Just Nique... nothin' fancy
  • Global Moderator
  • Scientist
    • NotionsbyNique*
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 11:01:55 AM »
I have to say (again, no big surprise) I'm with Mika on this one; I haven't played more than a few times in the past year 'just for the fun of it' (with the exception of playing with MM2 when it first came out of course! lol) - I enjoy the variety that User downloads allow us to have.

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 11:09:23 AM »
I am 100% for them.  Not only do they add variety to the game, but they strengthen the ZT community because those people interested in creating can learn together, work on projects, and meet new people.  To be completely honest I'm not sure why you would ever be AGAINST them, since if you don't like them you can just not download them.  I have heard the argument that BF might not work as hard on downloads if they know users are making them, but I do not think that this is at all true.  I very highly doubt user-made downloads are in their criteria when they are reviewing whether or not to make their own bonus downloads.  If it was they would not have "re-done" some of the user-downloads such as the pygmy hippo when they released some of their expansion packs.

Offline Bongo-Bongo

• Zookeeper
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 11:18:56 AM »
Half and half. The ones that are good are well worth downloading, but there are also some bad ones. With ZT1 I downloaded several that caused the game to crash, and I have been reluctant to download any since.

Offline orangemonkey22

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 01:37:43 PM »
I am definitely for.