Author Topic: folder for new animals and objects  (Read 17684 times)

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
folder for new animals and objects
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2006, 09:02:38 AM »
which downlaods are you talking about - some will only work and show if you ahve the expansions so if you could tellus which downloads we can help more.

Offline Kittyhawk

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2006, 01:13:27 PM »
Here are the ones that as far as I can tell should work with my version:
Arabian Oryx
Arctic Fox
Black Backed Jackal
Caracal
King Cheetah
Dingo
Asian Elephant
Yellow Eyed Penguin
Quagga
Saola
Siberian Tiger
Snow Tigers Easter Contest Pack 1
Snow Tigers Easter Contest Pack 2
Snow Tigers Xmas Pack
Somalien Wild ***
Sorraia
Sri Lanka Leopard
Strawberry Dart Frog
Sumatran Tiger
White Tiger
Woolly Rhino
Yacare Caiman

i can get them to show up in the Download menu in the game, but they appear to have been already downloaded, and don't show up in the menu when i actually play the game.

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2006, 07:38:35 PM »
OK I definitely think you have a few animals there that will only work if you have ES.  All the frogs I believe you need ES for them to work properly.  The black backed jackal I think was made from the wolf which is an ES animal.  Same with the Arctic Fox.  Also the Snow Tigers Christmas pack has a Siberian Husky in it which I also think was made from the wolf.  The same goes for the dingo, as well.  The caracal was made from the Spanish Lynx which also means it won't work for you, unfortunately.  And the sorraia was made from P.Wild Horse which also came with ES.  Finally, I think both of those Snow Tigers Easter packs have tour objects in them, which means they wouldn't work because the tour objects came with ES, when they introduced Jeep Tours and Sky Tram tours.

The rest of those downloads should work for you.  The ones that I'm pretty sure I used when I just had the original ZT2 are the arabian oryx, king cheetah, asian elephant, yellow-eyed penguin, quagga, saola, siberian tiger, SWA, Sri Lankan Leopard, sumatran tiger, white tiger, and wooly rhino.

Basically any animal/object/etc. that was made from a model that came with ES is not going to be supported in your game.  However I'm not sure why the ones that are supported aren't showing up for you.  You may want to try removing all the unsupported downloads, and if that doesn't help, moving the .z2f files to the same directory where you're keeping the .dl files, as those are obviously being seen by the game.

Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 07:45:00 PM by Peacenote »

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2006, 08:01:13 PM »
Another thing to realize is that Silesian Tomcat (STC) made TWO versions of all his animals (like the Arabian Oryx). One for ZT2 and one for ES. Make sure and get the one that does not say xxx_ES.

Offline Kittyhawk

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2006, 11:47:58 AM »
i've already got the .dl and .z2f in the same folder.... i'll fiddle around a bit more when i get home from work...

but yeah the others i know won't work... i intend to get the expansion packs soon, but in the meantime i want the quagga ! me <3 quagga

thanks for ur help guys i'll let ya know if it works.. guess i'll try separating out the working from not working....

Offline Kittyhawk

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2006, 10:04:54 AM »
yayy :)

its working

thanks for all the help, guys:IloveZA:

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2006, 10:19:31 AM »
Thanks for letting us know, so now we can close the topic.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2006, 10:19:30 PM »
Please be careful to look at how many pages are in a topic and when it was created before closing. This topic is for asking questions and so others can comment.

Offline Mr.Gibbons

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2006, 01:55:36 PM »
I have looked all over for the downloads folder and I even reinstalled the game but I can't find it where should I put my user content stuff???

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2006, 02:58:47 PM »
Okay, this is a problem for many new users. First of all, the Downloads folder is created by the game itself when you download any of the Official Blue Fang items (like the Tundra Pack or the Stuffed Prey Dummy).

Second, here are two places you can look for downloads explanations. First is a Pictorial Tutorial and the other is a Downloads Instruction. Good luck. :original:

Offline Mr.Gibbons

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2006, 05:45:55 PM »
Quote from: csleesburg
Okay, this is a problem for many new users. First of all, the Downloads folder is created by the game itself when you download any of the Official Blue Fang items (like the Tundra Pack or the Stuffed Prey Dummy).

Second, here are two places you can look for downloads explanations. First is a Pictorial Tutorial and the other is a Downloads Instruction. Good luck. :original:

Sorry I frogot to tell but I figured that part out and have got the downloads to work. However I am having truble with finding my profile (I think it is something like that) folder where I am needing to place some maps into my saved games folder witch somehow is not there.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2006, 07:22:27 PM »
The profile is easiest found by going to Start > All Programs > Microsoft Games > Zoo Tycoon 2 > Zoo Tycoon 2 Profiles. If you have created a profile with your name, that should appear, alongside the Default folder, which will be there no matter what.

Offline Mr.Gibbons

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2006, 05:21:42 AM »
Well I looked and it is not there but I will double Check it

Offline Mr.Gibbons

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2006, 11:36:47 AM »
Quote from: mikaboshi
The profile is easiest found by going to Start > All Programs > Microsoft Games > Zoo Tycoon 2 > Zoo Tycoon 2 Profiles. If you have created a profile with your name, that should appear, alongside the Default folder, which will be there no matter what.

Well I looked there again but when I look under Zoo Tycoon 2 Profiles or profiles I get nothing... and yes I did look under the hidden folders tab in the advanced search opitions.

Offline Arthur

• Copa Cabana
  • Pooper Scooper
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2006, 02:27:40 AM »
I have had a question on our dutch forums @ zt.nl about the downloads on a Win98 system. The qestion is simpel but i don´t know it as neither one of the members on our site. Everyone runs WinXP systems. Maybe one of the members here knows the answere. I can´t find anything here on the forum about a Win98 system with the search options.

Where are the downloads placed on a WIN98 system??

On a win98 system there seems to be no "C:/documents and settings/....." folder.
I have asked the guy to perform a search on his system to look for .z2f files but now results. He may not have downloaded the Bf downloads like the toendra pack because then he should find them.
Does someone have the answere?

Offline alloy61

• Doctor Who nut
  • Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2006, 02:44:34 AM »
You could try the alternate method for installing downloads - Here.

Have you tried asking him to search for a 'downloads' folder on his system? Then check the path of the folder and see if it goes through a Zoo Tycoon 2 folder

Offline cheetahgirl

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2007, 01:28:38 PM »
Ok, i have a really weird what i call glitch.  Within a week or two of playing the game, something changed and now, when i go to the downloads page i cannot see the download link, it is covered up by that slightly different shade of green and I have not been able to see it ever since. I didn't do anything to the best of my knowledge to change anything, i just opened it and it was like that. Its very annoying.  I got a new computer a few weeks ago and installed zt2 and endangered species again and its already like that again.  I can't seem to fix it.  A new problem  i noticed that I did not have before, is when I am in a zoo, I will start scrolling and I will get black and if i'm lucky colored patches over the area in sight.  The farther back in the zoo i get, the worse it gets, the closer to the entrance I am the better it is.  I have no idea what caused this but I won't really be playing often if I can't get this problem resolved.  Sorry if I posted this on the wrong board and sorry if it has been answered.  I have Windows XP Home Edition and 78.8GB free space 740MB RAM of memory a pheonix BIOS (whatever that is) and an AMD Athlon Processor.  The patch is in the process of being downloaded in case i don't have it ( i think i do though)

Sorry I just realized this is not the board I thought it was sorry, I will move this to a more appropriate board

Please use the edit button rather than double post. Also, only post in one forum. This thread will do fine for now. Mika
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 01:33:47 PM by mikaboshi »

Offline kornygerm

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2007, 12:04:35 AM »
worked for me by putting them in the main folder.:original:

Offline Gloria

• Zookeeper
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2007, 08:11:54 PM »
Has anybody looked into where stuff should go under Windows Vista?

...For the record, I didn't buy this OS, it came on the new computer we had to buy after our old one failed. I miss XP. ;___;

Edit:
one, I hope nobody thinks I was swearing there. 0_o

two, nevermind, I figured it out.

For future reference, the file path is exactly the same as the old one, but you may have to type it into the "address bar" manually (i.e., copy/paste the location as found at the beginning of this topic).