Author Topic: Who Are We & What Do We Do?  (Read 1114 times)

Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Registered Member
  • Zero Tolerance for Stupidity
    • Zoo Admin
Who Are We & What Do We Do?
« on: April 24, 14, 04:14:28 AM »
We are a collection of creators who enjoy creating content for ZT. Most of us have been creating content for ZT for many years and some are just beginners. Doesn't matter your skill level we are here to help you with your own projects and share the knowledge we have gained over the years creating our own creations.

What is ZT some of you may ask. ZT stands for Zoo Tycoon a zoo building simulation game released in November of 2001 by Microsoft and Blue Fang Games.

The object of the game is to build a zoo for your miniature zoo guests to visit. You build exhibits for the animals that have to be suitable for the animal to be happy. You provide attractions, restaurants, gift shops, or food or gift stands for your guests and decorate the zoo to keep your guests happy. While playing the game your zoo is capable of winning awards as your building progresses. You zoo has a zoo rating, a guest happiness rating, and an animal happiness rating. Your zoo also gains benefactors who donate to your zoo which also comes with it's own rewards.

Over the years gamers like yourself figured out how to pull apart the files to create their own versions of trees, flowerbeds, stands, shops and other buildings both as scenery for decorating your zoo and as buildings your zoo guests can actually use.

Here at the Treehouse those of us who do this are willing to teach and guide those of you who wish to try your hand at creating and adding more enhancement to a game the rest of us have loved for many years.

I myself have played since 2003 and began creating content in 2004. While I did have an 8 year absence from the community I have returned and wish to share the knowledge I have gained over the last 15 years in many areas of creation that can all be utilized in what we do here.
« Last Edit: April 24, 38, 04:38:33 AM by Yellowrose »