Author Topic: Someone has made a new biome!  (Read 5514 times)

Offline Dinolover

• Pooper Scooper
Someone has made a new biome!
« on: August 14, 2009, 02:43:34 PM »
Link

Someone at ZT2DC has sucessfully made a new biome, and is about to release a tutorial!

Offline Natureboy28

• Zookeeper
Re: Someone has made a new biome!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 01:22:21 PM »
What type of biome?

Offline Dinolover

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 10:16:29 AM »
legosith has made an Abyss biome, and DinosaurMan has made a Bog biome.

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Zookeeper
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 08:28:11 PM »
I just saw the *New Biome* thread the other day, & must confess to having some mixed feelings about the whole thing.

My first thought was "oh cool!"....then I went on to read more about it (specifically the registration thread where modders were discussing Biomes they wanted to create) & now I'm thinking it may be more *trouble* than it's worth. First up, it requires the use of some kind of *shell* program. Next there is retro-fitting all the animals I have (130 official + dozens of user mades) to like/dislike any new Biomes I download. Egads! That's a tall order...especially when I couldn't find any animals yet made for the new Biomes. Call me crazy, but why create a new Biome if you don't also release a reason to have it? I am also disturbed by the number of people who simply want to *re create* the Biomes already in the game! Honestly, why bother? Does the wheel really need to be re-invented again? (I predict many *Neopet* and *Pokemon* type Biomes. Not that there's anything *wrong* with that...but it's certainly not my cup of tea!)

Don't get me wrong: I still like the idea of a few well-chosen new (different than the ones we already have!) Biomes. I'll be watching the progress to see what all comes out of it!
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" -Adam Savage, co-host of the Mythbusters TV series.
**** Long Live the Wolves and all Wild Canines! ****
*** Self Proclaimed "Leader Of The MoonBats!" ***

Offline Dinolover

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 09:33:29 AM »
The Montane Forest biome by Penguinman is a good biome, with hacks and downloads it has at least as many animals as the Grassland biome, so that is definately worth a download. The shell file has a good reason behind it. Without it, you could only have one new biome in your game at a time.

Offline skyinwolf

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 04:57:57 AM »
i`v downloaded the peice of cr*p before it doesn`t work! this is how i felt  hammer !
so why bother to download again? just so i can do this again?!   hammer !!!!
[of topic] roit at burger king!  :angry! the manger when and the owner went baserk and went ! and the guestes hammer!! i love doing that! rofl i think that i will do that agian on my next post! lololol! rofl

Edited by: Seraphii
Slow down on the Smilies Por Favor.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 11:06:58 AM by Seraphii »

Offline spottedshadow

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 03:56:07 PM »
cool, I think I saw that, I want the slough biome

Offline Natureboy28

• Zookeeper
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 05:14:30 PM »
One good question, what animal would thrive in it?

Natureboy Returns with his improved website.