Author Topic: Wolf Packs  (Read 3670 times)

Offline TuckTuck87

• Pooper Scooper
Wolf Packs
« on: January 03, 2009, 02:14:46 PM »
How do you get happy wolf packs? Everytime I place in several wolves, they fight and one always gets killed. If I want wolves in my zoo, I either need 2+ males (or females but not both) OR 1 male and 1 female and release the pups when they grow up.

I'd really appreciate help on this one.
Name's Tucktuck but you can call me Tuck ;)

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • ZA Designer
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Mika's ZT2 Skins
Re: Wolf Packs
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 03:51:44 PM »
i usually will keep a pack of 6, with 2 males and 4 females. If that doesnt work, try 1 male and 5 females. If you are wanting more breeding pairs, introduce a male and female together, and let them reproduce before you add another set in. This way they aren't fighting over mates!

Also make sure you have a large enclosure, they LOVE a lot of room!
Visit my website, where you can view and download my work!
Also, check out the new Penguika site!

Please don't PM me asking about Island Excursions; we have a forum for a reason.

Offline The Y2J Problem

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 06:02:40 PM »
Yeah I have problems with that and cats. I once put in 6 of both genders of Leopards or Jaguars and by the time I came back there was one male and one female. I tried the same with wolves. I put in 6 females and 3 males and all the females killed eachother. I tried 3 males and 3 females and they all killed eachother. Wolves usually live together in large packs they shouldn't be so solitary.

Animals

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 07:41:40 PM »
Try to keep them happy meet all of their needs especially the basic needs and put lots of zookeepers and assign them or lock them up,you can also keep 4 wolves 2 males and 2 females and release the pups when they grow up.I always do this they are always happy once I put 12 Ethiopian Wolfs and 15 Grey wolfs in the same exhibit they are always happy and if you are doing six they will be happy you have to make an exhibit large,I think then they will be happy.

Offline Taun

• Zookeeper
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 02:30:17 AM »
I have the same problem, esp with females fighting and killing each other.

However if you start with a pair and get a mother and daugther or two daughters they seem to live quite happly together.