Author Topic: Okapi and privacy  (Read 6049 times)

ade.2234

Okapi and privacy
« on: December 02, 2008, 12:21:06 PM »
How do you stop the okapi getting stressed out over privacy....i've tried every scenario i can think of.....the last zoo had them in the deepest exhibit I could dig, surrounded by hills, then walkway up to one side with a view the guests have to virtually hang over the top in order to see a glimpse of the okapi and even then the privacy icon goes red !!!!....any ideas ??
cheers

Offline Lord Reaper

• Pooper Scooper
Re: Okapi and privacy
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 02:39:47 PM »
Do they have any shelters, or trees?
Also in the side menu where you can toggle Emoticons off, trees invisible,fences...Etc. There is an eye that's what the guests can see in gold sparkles put it next to the enclosure walls and if there's only gold it means you need to change things around.

Hope that helps.
I Love ZA!!!
Your My Hero Steve Irwin R.I.P
Fun Fact:
Arctic Foxes start to shiver at -100 degrees F!
Hippo's closest relative is the Whale!
Come Visit my Site: http://sites.google.com/site/zt2lrprojects/Home

Offline Rosinas Cat

• Feline Friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Play nice, people....
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 08:34:22 PM »
I always give okapis a sun shade, even though they officially don't require them. They seem to appreciate it! Also, I always give okapis (and all trf animals) lots of trees. I have never needed to make a deeper exhibit for them.
Avoid Feline Fury - follow the rules
Time spent with cats is never wasted. Sigmund Freud        
'The statistics on sanity show that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness.. Think of your three best friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

ade.2234

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 11:32:57 AM »
Thanks for the tips........i always give them loads of trees (last one had so many you could never see them !), but never a shelter so i'll try that....also never knew about the gold sparkles !...will try it out
cheers

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 05:42:13 AM »
Use elevated paths/sky trams. That really helps! Make a small area which the guests can't see (use the eye). Otherwise, you may need to switch the old animals for new ones.
You can call me Crooky, but not crookshank, please.

zoo tycoon 234

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 01:37:23 PM »
my okpies always get mad so i put like a bunch of trees so  where you cant see them from sky view it really reminds them of thier home hope i helped :wacko :wacko :wacko :wacko :wacko :angel :angel :angel :wel4 :wel4 hbdy3 hbdy3 hbdy3 hbdy3 :dol :dol :budgie :yay :hbdy2 :wel2

Please limit use of smilies to just a very few in each post. Especially when you're not welcoming anyone, or wishing anyone Happy Birthday!

Rosina's Cat
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 04:31:00 AM by Rosinas Cat »

ade.2234

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 12:32:57 AM »
happy to report that my okapis are all content now...sensitive souls arn't they !.......thanks for all the tips guys....cheers :ty

Offline Cameron567

• Zookeeper
  • ZA is one of the best forums I've ever been to :))
    • Zoo Tycoon Hangout
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 01:26:09 PM »
Put solid walls in the exhibit to bring their stress levels down

Offline Taun

• Zookeeper
    • http://
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 02:21:24 AM »
You can also you a hill in the enclosure, works well as a natural barrier for them.  Also by placing food at the front and water at the back means they will never stay hidden or stay on view and get stressed out by it.

Zoogirl54

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 02:10:23 PM »
I always put mine in the back corner of the zoo;this way,they are surrounded by solid walls on at least 2 sides.Use solid walls for the rest of the exhibit and then put in a small viewing area(4 or 5 windows should be eenough)...then make a few small hills in the back of the exhibit.I have had great success with this method,my Okapis always have babies and smily faces.

Offline PantherJosh

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 05:47:11 PM »
i dont ever have problems with their happiness, i always put alot of trees in their exhibits. i always try for whatever animal to put trees/plants from where they come from, it makes it more realistic.  :))  clap  :))