Author Topic: Zoo Tycoon 1 Downloads Site  (Read 84362 times)

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Tycoon ZT1 Downloads
Zoo Tycoon 1 Downloads Site
« on: December 20, 2008, 08:00:35 AM »
I have great news for our members and guests. Our Zoo Tycoon 1 Downloads site is now available for everyone to downloa their favorite files.

Not all files are yet available but please be patient with us while we continue the daunting task of getting the remainder of the files updated or repaired. As the files are updated they will be made available.

If you have a problem with a file or downloading please post in the support board in this area here at Zoo Admin. I ask that you Do Not
post at the downloads site.

Here is the link to the Downloads Site

Zoo Admin ZT 1 Downloads

« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 07:48:44 AM by Yellowrose »

The Warden - Avoid Warnings and Mod Preview - Please read the RULES
Member - Cabana Girls, Honorium Emeritus-Zoolanders

Offline Firehawke

• Master Zoo Builder
  • Game Warden
  • Ooh, look ... It's a Frog
Re: Zoo Tycoon 1 Downloads Site
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 06:01:51 PM »
Quick question...when I click on "downloads" in the bar at the top of the forum, it doesn't take me to the DL site.  Is it supposed to?  I don't mind coming to this post every time I want to get to the DL site.  But, I'm just confused.  Sorry to create more work for you guys, even if the work is just trying to make sense of this post!
Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo - one of the top zoos in the nation
Ooh look - it's a frog!

What am I reading right now?

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 07:54:35 AM »
To reach the downloads site use the link in the 1st post ^^^ above. To Submit a file to the site for testing and then release you click the Downloads link at the top of the page in the menu bar.

For those of you having difficulty with the downloads sites here is a picture tutorial of how to go about accessing the files.

Remember you Do Not have to be a member of the downloads sites to be able to download files from ZA's downloads. Registration at the downloads sites has been disabled and the sites are fully accessable by guests.

Next post starts the tutorial

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 07:56:34 AM »
When you first arrive at the downloads site you should see an image like this depending on your monitor resolution you may see more of the page then is displayed in the pics included here.

As mentioned in my last post registration at the sites is disabled so you IGNORE the login box

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 07:58:03 AM »
Scroll down the page a little to see the category Titles and the different topic titles just like you would browse around ZA itself

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 08:02:13 AM »
Click on a tiopc title. In this example I have used Real Animals in the Animals category. You will now see an alphabetical listing on all the files we have in that topic. Please remember to check for additional pages in the topics. Not all will appear on one page.

If the listings start at letter "Z" just click on the word "Subject" to reverse the order so "A" listings are the first you see.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 08:06:54 AM »
Next you click on the post you want to look at in this example I have used the Ardwolf by Devona.

When looking at a post if a file has been updated for any reason or if it conflicts with another file located at another site there will be notes listed in the post. Be sure to read over the information in the post so you can make note of any updates or conflicts.

At the bottom of each post is the word DOWNLOAD or the words DOWNLOAD HERE usually in red or green and bold print. This is a link to the file so you can download it so just click on it.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 08:12:39 AM »
After you click download you should have a box come up like in the pic always click SAVE and save the file to your computer first.

All files you download from ZA will be in zip file format so you will need winzip or other file compression program to extract the ZTD file to install in your game.

Never use the ingame file installer to install files to ZT 1. Always use copy and paste to install files to your dlupdates or updates folder.

Offline ktesch

• Zookeeper
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 09:46:50 AM »
Yellowrose,

I downloaded the CC Bonus Content Zoo from the ZT1 Downloads site, and I have a question about the Bowhead whale exhibit. It's in a Central location up in front of the zoo where the guests come in and there's paths all the way around it, well, one Bowhead said the exhibit was fine, but the other one said it was "feeling crowded by too many guests". It's a huge ehhibit and I'm wondering if I should make it all non see through or just part of it and which part? I have know idea where to start.

Kim

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 10:15:24 PM »
What I would do is start with adding solid wall to each side of the tank leaving approx 3 rows open area on each side and see if that helps. The guests will still be able to see into the tank and the whale may feel it has a little more privacy.

Offline ktesch

• Zookeeper
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 07:30:40 PM »
What does the lang.msbf.dll do ? and 2. The Yeti Download tooltip, says something about long help about the Yeti.

Kim

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 07:09:01 PM »
The download that is in the "Lang MSBF" post at the ZA ZT1 download site contains 3 files: a ".dll", a ".ztd", and a ".txt" file that explains how to use the ".dll". There were a number of official downloads. These official downloads were also included in CC. In both cases, there were 15 ".dll" files that were made available to make those downloads work. The lang050MS.dll is just a ".dll" file that combines these 15 separate ".dll" files. Since there are enough other combined ".dll" files from various sites that I do not have to worry about reaching ZT's ".dll" limit, I do not use lang050MS.dll. But it is nice to know it is there if ever needed.

I do not fully understand the yeti01.ztd. One of the changes was to change the yeti's habitat from Tundra to Highland. According to the description in the download post, it looks like it was also intended that the yeti would no longer appear in the animal purchase menu of scenarios. I do not know if it actually does this, since I do not play scenarios. And the configuration looks like there is an inconsistency. In any case, this change causes it to want to get messages from ".dll" files instead of from the animal configuration. So if you use it without lang050MS.dll, you will see "Adopt a Yeti.  Long Tooltip placeholder text." as its purchase menu tooltip. But if you use lang050MS.dll, you will see "Adopt an Yeti.  Yetis are elusive, solitary creatures. They prefer to sleep in snowy rock caves." instead.

Offline ktesch

• Zookeeper
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 07:15:30 AM »
Jay,

It places the yeti with the other Highland animals instead of placing it in amongst the Snow/Arctic Animals. And yes, it also removes the yeti from the Scenario list when there are only supposed to be a few animals available like in the first two Scenarios of ZT. I had just the Yeti01.ztd or whatever it was in my game and I'm one of those people that the slightest mispellings or errors bug me. Sorry. Needless to say, I downloaded the Pure Panda Hack but deleted the Yeti download.

Kim

Offline norfolklass

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 10:22:14 AM »
 :help1 :angry This site went down last night, I was in the middle of downloading some files.  Wonder when they will fix it. :angry :new
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 04:34:05 AM by norfolklass »

Offline fern

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 02:11:22 AM »
Hopefully Yellowrose will fix it soon.
Dragonrider
Girl in training for the Gnome Tossing Marathon.
Tech Admin at Zoo Tycoon Community Download Directory

Offline norfolklass

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2013, 09:49:59 AM »
 :bang It has been a few days & nothing has happened could you please give me an update. :bang
 :ty 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 10:10:44 AM by norfolklass »

Offline norfolklass

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 06:51:32 AM »
To whom it may concern

Please could you fix this site as I have not yet finished downloading the files I need to complete my file.

:ty

Offline JoeMoore29

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2013, 03:31:41 AM »
I need just one more file from the site I hope it will get fixed soon.

Offline norfolklass

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2013, 06:58:55 AM »
 :)) :ty for fixing this site.  :))