Author Topic: Problem Files  (Read 24316 times)

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
Re: Graeco/Roman Pack Problem
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2009, 10:27:16 PM »
Just looking at it quickly, I do see a number of problems with it that will crash the game. Some will crash the game when a guest tries looking at it. Others will crash the game if you are not using an American English version of ZT, or one of the other languages they are configured for. Because of these problems, I did not look at it ingame to see why things might not be showing up as expected. But a couple of the objects say they are statue boards rather than statues. As for what is in the ".ztd", the download includes a ".txt" file that lists the 27 things in the ".ztd": Roman Observation Area, Roman Column, Apollo Statue, Artemis Statue, Hades Bush, Athena Statue, Hades Statue, Demeter Statue, Hephaestus Statue, Poseidon Statue, Hermes Statue, Zeus Statue, Roman Ruin, Roman Ruin 2, Zeus Bush, Fire Fern, Red Pot, Clay Pot, Grey Pot, Black Pot, Pillar, Vine Pillar, Roman Lion Statue, Roman Column Lamp, Emperor Statue Board, Roman Soldier, Aphrodite Tree.

Offline slg

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2009, 10:45:04 PM »
Thanks for the information.  Will it be fixed?

Offline fern

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2009, 02:15:20 PM »
I worked on it last night. Now I will answer your pm here because I know Jay will have more to say.
The Graeco-Roman Pack does not all show up in the game.  Three statues are not in the menu but the names appear on other items.  I have Coomplete Collection.  I put the ztd file in the dlupdates folder.
This is because you have a other user made files ingame that are over-riding them. I will leave Jay to explain more.
Dragonrider
Girl in training for the Gnome Tossing Marathon.
Tech Admin at Zoo Tycoon Community Download Directory

Offline fern

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2009, 12:21:50 AM »
A number of things in the Wild Wings pack conflict with the Graeco pack. 

50111cc8 Graeco_Roman_Pack.ztd(Hades Statue) WWscenery_finalfix.ztd(Small aviary)
a90ac026 Graeco_Roman_Pack.ztd(Red pot) WWscenery_finalfix.ztd(Bird topiary)
a91dc026 Graeco_Roman_Pack.ztd(Clay pot) WWscenery_finalfix.ztd(Grass square)
a9410026 Graeco_Roman_Pack.ztd(Black pot) WWscenery_finalfix.ztd(Concrete backdrop)
aabfe026 Graeco_Roman_Pack.ztd(Roman Lion Statue Board) WWscenery_finalfix.ztd(WWF billiboard)
bc3dc08b Graeco_Roman_Pack.ztd(Emporer Statue Board) WWscenery_finalfix.ztd(Sucessive hyacinth macaw reproduction plaque)
770c5985 Graeco_Roman_Pack.ztd(Fire Fern) WWshelter_rock_finalfix.ztd(Small nest)
f81ba251 Graeco_Roman_Pack.ztd(Aphrodite Tree) WWshelter_rock_finalfix.ztd(Large
nest)
Dragonrider
Girl in training for the Gnome Tossing Marathon.
Tech Admin at Zoo Tycoon Community Download Directory

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2009, 04:38:13 PM »
Quote from: fern
The Graeco-Roman Pack does not all show up in the game.  Three statues are not in the menu but the names appear on other items.  I have Coomplete Collection.  I put the ztd file in the dlupdates folder.
This is because you have a other user made files ingame that are over-riding them. I will leave Jay to explain more.

Actually, I cannot explain more. I understand how an improperly configured object such as a fence can override messages for user made scenery and animals. But I do not understand how user made scenery can override messages for other user made scenery. For the above list of conflicts, for example, either one or the other will appear in ZT for a given id. But there will not be parts of each appearing in ZT. Once the updated Graeco-Roman Pack is available that fixes the other problems mentioned, if there is still a problem in slg's purchase menus, we can try to figure out what is going on then.

Offline slg

• Pooper Scooper
Re: Problem Files
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2009, 01:37:38 PM »
I guess the best thing to do is wait for the update.

Animals

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2009, 07:32:56 PM »
The Wild Wings ack crashes so much when I have haf of the pack in my zoo.

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2009, 05:58:13 PM »
Several days ago, I took a quick look at the Wild Wings Pack and then added the following post at the ZA ZT1 Download site for it:

The Small aviary might crash MM or CC when guests try to look at it.

The Hoatzin and Pegasus might cause ZT problems if they try to go in water or are placed in water.

Offline Clonehunter

• Pooper Scooper
  • Have no fear! Clonehunter is Hear!!
Re: no dowloads showing up
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2009, 03:46:55 PM »
i downloaded the Trilobite for zt1 and in the game it didnt show up :angry :angry

any tips

Just ditch the trilobite mod entirely.  There are a lot of bad errors with it and they are very annoying.
Clonehunter and Organized Entertainment Inc.  present:  A-Z Dinosaurs!  Ultimate Expansion!
Progress:  Pack A-C: 78%; P. D-F: 100%; Packs G-I to Y-Z All: 0%

Pack A-C to be released soon!! Followed by D-F!!  Get ready for it!  Will Contain over 50 new dinosaurs!!  Get your Hardrives ready and collect 'em all! OR just collect a Few! :)

Offline kooky112

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2010, 01:28:58 PM »
Musical Habitat Statues dont play the music. Trust me I've tried getting them to work but they don't, and I cannot convert the music given with the files because Im on vista which doesn't support wav converting with the sound recorder.

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2010, 06:18:22 PM »
As the readme in that download says, the included sounds will not work in ZT until they are converted. I do not use Vista, so I cannot give you specific help. However, the program I use to convert sounds is called audacity, which is free and open source:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
It says it works with Vista as well, but it also says that, because of changes in the way Vista works, there are some known issues using audacity with Vista. The list of issues, however, do not look like they should prevent audacity from converting sounds in Vista. It is recommended to use the most recent version, which currently is 1.3.12 (Beta). In addition to audacity, you would need to download and install FFmpeg import/export library that is mentioned on the audacity download page, since the sounds in the Musical Habitat Statues download are in MPEG-Layer 3 format. From the same download page, I also downloaded and installed LADSPA plug-ins installer and LAME MP3 encoder. When you run audacity, you will need to click Edit->Preferences->Libraries->FFmpeg Library Locate. It should say it found the library and will then ask if you want to continue a manual locate, which you can click No. To convert the sound files, I extracted them into a Sounds folder. For each one, I would run audacity, click File->Open, go to one of the sound files and click on it, click Open, change the Project Rate at the bottom left of the audacity window to 22050, click Tracks->Stereo Track to Mono, click File->Export, change "Save as type" to "Other uncompressed files", click Options, change Header to "WAV (Microsoft)", change Encoding to "Unsigned 8 bit PCM", click OK, click Save, click Clear, and click OK. Although pixigger recommended a higher resolution, I find that lower resolution sounds work just fine in ZT and take less memory. So the above sets the sounds to Mono, 22050 Hz, 8-bit PCM format. The sounds that come with ZT are Mono, 22050 Hz, PCM, although it comes with both 8-bit and 16-bit versions.

Once the sounds are converted, pixigger recommends using WinZip to add the sounds to the MusicalStatues.ztd. I don't use WinZip. I prefer using 7-Zip, which I talk about at ZKL. Plus, I didn't want to add the sounds into the original ".ztd". So instead, I just zipped the sounds folder (by right-clicking on the sounds folder that contains the sounds and selecting 7-Zip->Add to archive) into a MusicalStatueSounds.ztd. Then I put both MusicalStatues.ztd and MusicalStatueSounds.ztd into ZT. For the most part they worked. I did have ZT crash once, though. I did not notice anything unusual in the configuration, so I am assuming it was indirectly related to the size of the sounds. When I tested it, I still had my browser open to a number of pages, including email. So I suspect the email probably tried to do something at the same time that ZT was trying to process the sound. It also caused the icon associated with ".zip" files to change, until I told the Desktop to refresh. When I tried ZT again, I did not have a crash, even with the browser still open. So if you use these sounds, you might want to play it safe and not have anything else open at the same time as ZT.

Offline kooky112

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2010, 06:56:46 PM »
Thankyou, and I use 7-zip myself. It's the best type of program there is for opening or compressing zipped files and such. (Now if I can jsut find someone to tell me how to make a scenario then I'll be all set >:3)