Author Topic: Problem Files  (Read 24320 times)

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Tycoon ZT1 Downloads
Problem Files
« on: December 20, 2008, 08:12:13 AM »
If you have a problem with a file you have downloaded from the downloads site please post here.

Please give us as much information as possible regarding the problem.

Is it visable in game?

Did it crash your game to the windows desktop?

When did the game crash,
-when you put the mouse over the item in the purchase menu ? when you placed the item on terrain?
- did the game run for a while before crashing?
-do you have other user downloads installed?

Giving us as much onformation as possible will help us to understand and find the problem so we can get the file looked at and updated so others don't have the same problem.

Also please do a search with the search funtion at the top of the page to see if a post has already been made about the file you are having a problem with. TYhis helps to keep the topic clear of duplicate questions.

The Warden - Avoid Warnings and Mod Preview - Please read the RULES
Member - Cabana Girls, Honorium Emeritus-Zoolanders

Animals

no dowloads showing up
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 05:24:15 AM »
i downloaded the Trilobite for zt1 and in the game it didnt show up :angry :angry

any tips

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
Re: no dowloads showing up
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 06:37:04 AM »
What steps did you take to install ??

Animals

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 06:58:59 AM »
What steps did you take to install ??
I just downloaded the file in my hard drive and tried to extract the files. I did not know what else to do to install. What exactly  need to do to install it? Looking fwd to your resonse. thanx in advance. clap :ty

Offline Cameron567

• Zookeeper
  • ZA is one of the best forums I've ever been to :))
    • Zoo Tycoon Hangout
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 07:23:12 AM »
I think you go ingame and click "get new zoo tycoon animals"
then find the file you put your animal, click on it, click open and then it should work

Sorry if that isn't the case because I switched over to zt2 last January
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 01:11:22 PM by Cameron567 »

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 04:05:03 PM »
One should not load animals or other objects from in the Zoo Tycoon program. That can make it difficult to delete those things later.

I just downloaded and tested the Trilobite from the ZA ZT1 downloads. It showed up in my game. It downloaded as Trilobite.zip. I extracted Trilobite.ZTD from the Trilobite.zip. Since I have a "dlupdate" folder in my Zoo Tycoon folder, I put the Trilobite.ZTD file in that folder. If you do not have a "dlupdate" folder, put it in the Updates folder instead. In Zoo Tycoon, the Trilobite was in the aquatic section of the animal purchase menu. If you have problems finding it, click on every animal in the menu until you see it. I was able to put both a male and a female inside an exhibit. They can go on land or in water terrain. Sometimes they would disappear briefly while they would swim "underwater" on the water terrain.

Animals

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 04:59:46 PM »
ok, thanx - i will try.

Animals

Re: Problem Files
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 02:42:23 AM »
The jurrasic park pack made my game slow and did'nt show up.

Offline fern

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 02:07:36 PM »
The name doesn't ring a bell for me as a ZT1 pack so is that a ZT1 pack or a ZT2?
Dragonrider
Girl in training for the Gnome Tossing Marathon.
Tech Admin at Zoo Tycoon Community Download Directory

Animals

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 05:10:42 PM »
ZT2 Pack

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 11:28:07 PM »
Is this a ZA file you downloaded before the server crashed ?? ZA's ZT 2 files are not yet available because we don't have enough space on the current server yet.

Please post this in the downloads support or the tech support area of the site so one of the moderators can give some assistance in getting the files to show in your game. At the moment this topic is for problem files relating to the ZT 1 downloads site.

Offline diversemelody

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 12:40:54 PM »
I downloaded the parasaurolophus dinosaur for ZT1 and, no matter how I change things, it's happiness drops quickly and doesn't come back up. But, if you click the scientist button, it says that the exhibit is well suited. It gives you the proper suggestions on what to do when you first purchase it. But, after I followed everything it said, I found that it's happiness didn't raise, making it so that it can't be used without having negative effects.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 01:40:47 PM »
I'll have Fern or Jay take a look at the file. It could be something not configured in one of the ai file settings.

Offline fern

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 04:43:02 PM »
If it is the Parasaurolophus by RSN then follow the suitability guide Here If it is the one by the Raptor pack then the suitability guide is Here Hope this helps
Dragonrider

Offline diversemelody

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2009, 09:25:32 AM »
It's the one by RSN. I'll use what it has there and see if it fixes it. :) Thanks.

Still, isn't there some kind of glitch? Because when the scientist says the exhibit is suitable, it should be happy, shouldn't it? And instead it keeps dropping in happiness.

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 11:04:25 PM »
No, an animal should not be happy just because the exhibit is suitable, although an exhibit does have to be suitable enough in order for an animal to be happy. But happiness involves many other things. An animal needs food, for example. It needs the right kind of foliage and right kind of rocks. The zookeeper/scientist recommendations only care about the percentage of foliage and rocks, and not what it likes. So it is important to see if the animals give a smile or a frown as something is added.

I just created an exhibit with those animals and I did not have problems. While I was adding things to the exhibit, their happiness dropped to 0. But once everything was done, their happiness did not take many game days to reach 98. The final suitability was 89 and I was not even following the suitability guide. So the exhibit could have been made even more suitable and they could have been happier sooner if I did. I added a male and a female to an exhibit surrounded by the dino bar fence. I added a scientist to give them food (after I saw that adding a zookeeper did not give them food). I then changed 1 square of terrain at a time in the exhibit, while watching their reaction. I kept adding until they gave a frown, then I would undo the last 1. Based on the zookeeper/scientist recommendation, I put in fresh water first, then brown stone, then dirt, then savannah grass, then sand. Next, I added Sigillaria Trees based on the tooltip for the animal, although I see in the suitability guide that tall grass would have been even better. I added the trees 4 at a time, filling a grid square with the 4. That gives the maximum happiness. When the animals gave a frown, I undid the last tree and then added small rocks. The suitability guide does not even list that as being a rock they like, but they gave smiles because they were getting at least some type of rock. I kept doing that until they gave a frown and I undid the last rock addition.

Animals

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2009, 06:40:36 AM »
I downloaded the Trilobite file from this website and saved it on my desktop. I extracted the file and tried to open it in the game. But, it didn't work.(its in ZT1) more info here http://www.zooadmin.net/index.php?topic=309.0

Offline fern

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 09:42:39 PM »
Were you trying to put it in a tank? This animal was created before MM I think and will only work on water terrain and not in tanks.
I had no problem getting it to work so i am not sure what the problem is that you are having. It appears in the aquatic menu.
Dragonrider

Offline slg

• Pooper Scooper
Graeco/Roman Pack Problem
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2009, 04:28:03 PM »
After I downloaded it and check for in the game, I noticed that three statues do not show up in the scenery menu.  Their names showed up on other items.  Also can someone please tell me what is in the pack.  I have Zoo Tycoon:  Complete Collection.  I placed the ztd file in my diupdates folder.

Offline fern

• Senior Zookeeper
Re: Graeco/Roman Pack Problem
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2009, 10:08:49 PM »
This pack has known problems and is in a queue for repair.
Dragonrider