Zoo Tycoon > General Discussion

Dinos Always Unhappy

<< < (2/5) > >>

Animals:

--- Quote from: Peacenote on December 29, 2008, 06:53:24 PM ---Have you tried any other dinosaurs other than T-rex?

--- End quote ---
yeah all dinos.

Animals:

--- Quote from: fern on December 29, 2008, 08:11:23 PM ---Especially with the T-rex you need to do the research so the Scientist has the T-rex training.
Also what a lot of people do is get the exhibit right, then sell the original unhappy animals and buy new ones..

--- End quote ---
even after the exhibit right the dinos were still very unhapy but little happier than before.
What is T-rex training?

Jay:
There are suitability guides at ZTCDD and at ZTUF.
ZTCDD: http://zooadmin.org/DD/index.php?topic=2334.msg2899#msg2899
ZTUF: http://zoxaeus.com/ZTForums/index.php?showtopic=4875

I used the one from ZTCDD. The T-Rex is meant to be alone. But I wanted 1 male and 1 female. So I doubled everything in that guide, creating a 400 grid square exhibit (using 20x20) surrounded by an electrified fence and containing 240 grid squares of Grass, 20 grid squares of Fresh Water, 100 grid squares of Gray Stone, 40 grid squares of Deciduous Floor, 20 grid squares filled with 4 Broadleaf Bushes, 48 of the smallest Small Rocks, 1 Dino Cave, and 10 elevated non-adjacent grid squares. In order to reduce the chance that the dinos will zap themselves with the fence, some people sink the exhibit. Instead of that, I used the required water, bushes, rocks, and cave to line the fence, except near the gate and cave entrance. After creating the exhibit, I put in 1 male T-Rex egg and 1 female T-Rex egg. I added 2 scientists and assigned them to the exhibit. After the eggs hatched, the exhibit was 100% suitable and they always stayed in the happiness range of 96-100.

As for "T-Rex training", Zoo Tycoon has a button where one can spend money to research things. Some things are for general research and some are for conservation. For the general research area, there is a "T-Rex" category. So you can turn off all of the other categories except that one and increase the research spending from 0 to 66 max. I was able to reach the above stats even before doing the research.

Animals:
My Tyrannosaurus Rexes are now happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ty :ty
Their happiness is now 95!!I'll check with other dinosaurs. :))

warbler21:
Ah yes, I know this is frustrating since I've experienced it quite a few times. Yep, dinosaurs are easily upsetted, and once they are, it takes while for their happiness to rise even though exhibit suitability might be high. Try attempting to complete all the T-rex related researches, etc and build a suitable exhibit first before purchasing the animal. You can try wisco's zoo tycoon website to see suggestions of greatly improving animal exhibits.

But I'm glad to hear the rexes are now doing okay!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version