Author Topic: Animals that are most easily upset?  (Read 20845 times)

Offline warbler21

• Pooper Scooper
Animals that are most easily upset?
« on: January 06, 2009, 10:51:33 PM »
Let's see, I've found leopards (both regular and clouded), carnivorous dinosaurs (Rex is no exception), markhors, and tiger sharks particularly hard to please. Any other experiences? Which animals did you found most difficult to please?

Oh, and also, carnivorous dinosaurs tend to collide themselves against electrified fences often, increasing their anger. Any ideas to prevent this? Their exhibit suitabilities are very high but this often causes reduction in happiness. I'm not sure using nonelectrified concrete fences will hold these dinos back from escaping. I particularly had problems with coelophysis.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 11:06:57 PM by warbler21 »

Animals

Re: Animals that are most easily upset?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 11:00:32 PM »
not tiger sharks there easy but those hill animals they always need more hills hills hills
not both also the black leoard is also very hard I played the carnivore zoo campaign the black leopards are very hard even spotted hyenas and Apatosaurus there the hardest
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 01:49:23 AM by Animals »

Animals

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 01:58:02 AM »
Let's see, I've found leopards (both regular and clouded), carnivorous dinosaurs (Rex is no exception), markhors, and tiger sharks particularly hard to please. Any other experiences? Which animals did you found most difficult to please?

Oh, and also, carnivorous dinosaurs tend to collide themselves against electrified fences often, increasing their anger. Any ideas to prevent this? Their exhibit suitabilities are very high but this often causes reduction in happiness. I'm not sure using nonelectrified concrete fences will hold these dinos back from escaping. I particularly had problems with coelophysis.
Nonelectrified can hold small dinosaurs like the Coelophisis and Herrrasaurus also large hervivores like the Apatosaurus.Which electric fence do you use Chain Link or Iron Bar?Iron Bar is stronger.You need the Carnivores happiness and sutability should be 100 so they stop colliding.And dont put nonelectrified for the Trex and Spino!!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 02:01:30 AM by Animals »

Offline pukkie

• Section Moderator
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 02:51:45 AM »
You can avoid your dino's from execution by placing trees against it Or one tiled large grey rocks  and where no trees or rocks are put a tile of water in front of it as they always need some fresh water I think you can get an end with this
Black leopards are easy for me In the past the jaguar and markhors caused me real pains

Offline mrs. poohbear

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 05:38:30 AM »
snow leopards were the hardest until I decided to do their exhibit a little at a time. I left room to place more foliage, rocks, and hills, when the little bugger was happy I gave him a mate and then sat back and watched. If their happiness began to fall, I would sell the pair off and buy a new pair, since the exhibit was the way they liked it, it worked fine.  Black leopard, are one of my favorite, they don't give me any problems at all. laura

Offline warbler21

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 06:20:28 AM »

Nonelectrified can hold small dinosaurs like the Coelophisis and Herrrasaurus also large hervivores like the Apatosaurus.Which electric fence do you use Chain Link or Iron Bar?Iron Bar is stronger.You need the Carnivores happiness and sutability should be 100 so they stop colliding.And dont put nonelectrified for the Trex and Spino!!

Let's see I used the electrified chain link fence. Animals obviously can't break out but they just love standing near the fence and electrifying themselves repeatedly, it's kinda annoying, haha. Happiness is originally 100 as well as suitability which is at least 99, but once they start their self-electrocution, their happiness dwindles. Nonelectrified large concrete fences will also hold back Rex and Spino too? Sounds good!

Animals

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 06:49:37 AM »

Let's see I used the electrified chain link fence. Animals obviously can't break out but they just love standing near the fence and electrifying themselves repeatedly, it's kinda annoying, haha. Happiness is originally 100 as well as suitability which is at least 99, but once they start their self-electrocution, their happiness dwindles. Nonelectrified large concrete fences will also hold back Rex and Spino too? Sounds good!

Trexes and Spinosauruses can break Nonelectrified large concrete fences in my game they just broke it.

Animals

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 06:57:33 AM »
Now the hardest animal has changed Yetis,Bigfoot,African Elephant,Leopard(hardest),Elephant seal and the Giant Panda are really hard to put.

Offline warbler21

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 01:02:03 PM »
You can avoid your dino's from execution by placing trees against it Or one tiled large grey rocks  and where no trees or rocks are put a tile of water in front of it as they always need some fresh water I think you can get an end with this
Black leopards are easy for me In the past the jaguar and markhors caused me real pains

Thanks! If that doesn't work too well I guess I can always adopt new dinosaurs, haha.  :))

Offline warbler21

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 01:08:41 PM »
snow leopards were the hardest until I decided to do their exhibit a little at a time. I left room to place more foliage, rocks, and hills, when the little bugger was happy I gave him a mate and then sat back and watched. If their happiness began to fall, I would sell the pair off and buy a new pair, since the exhibit was the way they liked it, it worked fine.  Black leopard, are one of my favorite, they don't give me any problems at all. laura

Sometimes with leopards it looks like best way to keep high happiness is by building highly suitable exhibit first before adopting animals; I agree, black leopards are lot easier than clouded, snow, or regular leopards. I had problems with regular leopard no matter how many times I've tried until I found the good tip from Wisco's website about filling each grid with foliage rather than scattering them randomly, since it does make huge difference in exhibit suitability.
Oh yeah, purchasing a new pair is always a good solution too, haha.

Oh, I found reindeer also take little while to please after they're angered; even though exhibit suitability is over 97 or something, it takes few days for their happiness to rise, although it does fluctuate.

Animals

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 05:39:19 PM »
Reindeer are always unhappy,but there are sutability guides in ZTCDD.

Alpha Dilophosaur

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 08:05:13 PM »
If you're having trouble with big carnivores breaking out and killing people, put a single square mote of water around their exhibit. This will keep them inside should they break the fence, and will still allow guests to see them from the path.

Animals

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 08:15:02 PM »
Or,you can put salt water outside the exhibit this makes the dinos more happy but leave one space for the scientists to come inside.

Animals

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 08:23:14 PM »
Whales are the hardest marine creatures they need lots of space especially the sperm whale they need 260 squares for 2,also the whale sharks but Bowheads are easy.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Tycoon ZT1 Downloads
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 11:15:20 PM »
There is also Wisco's site that is still available. He has a listing of all the animals in ZT, MM, & DD abd also has a listing for combined exhibits. I found his suitablilty guides a great resouce for very high suitablity and animal happiness. Give his site a look and see if you can get better results with your highland animals and dinos.

Wisco's Animal Center

The Warden - Avoid Warnings and Mod Preview - Please read the RULES
Member - Cabana Girls, Honorium Emeritus-Zoolanders

Offline warbler21

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 03:01:22 PM »
There is also Wisco's site that is still available. He has a listing of all the animals in ZT, MM, & DD abd also has a listing for combined exhibits. I found his suitablilty guides a great resouce for very high suitablity and animal happiness. Give his site a look and see if you can get better results with your highland animals and dinos.

Wisco's Animal Center

Yep I've used his websites quite a few times. It's from his website where I got the tip of filling each grid with foliage rather than randomly scattering them, which makes huge difference.

Offline Natureboy28

• Zookeeper
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 05:41:29 PM »
I think you should have the whole exhibit leveled down and the fence on the outside of the outside of the valley. Another thing that is pretty good about this is that you can use the weekest fence and the Spinos and Rexes can't get out. it also makes the guests happier due to the visibility. I find the Mantas hard to mantain after 5 years and you're out of room. They are fast at reproducing. Even in ZT2.

Offline Firehawke

• Master Zoo Builder
  • Game Warden
  • Ooh, look ... It's a Frog
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2009, 06:17:23 PM »
I have the same trouble with my mantas!  I have to keep selling them off!
Have you ever had more than 20 green moray eels???  Let's just say that the eels aren't the only thing that's green - yuck!
Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo - one of the top zoos in the nation
Ooh look - it's a frog!

What am I reading right now?

Offline Natureboy28

• Zookeeper
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2009, 06:58:07 PM »
What Do You mean. I used to Have over 100, naturally bred Mantas over 5 years in Zt2.

Offline Firehawke

• Master Zoo Builder
  • Game Warden
  • Ooh, look ... It's a Frog
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2009, 08:45:55 AM »
In ZT1, once you get up to a certain number of animals, there just isn't enough space in the exhibit for all of the shelters you need and for all of the animals.  So you keep getting the "Manta Ray # is not happy with it's exhibit" or the "There are too many animals in this exhibit" messages.
Plus, the tank filters can only keep up with a certain number of animals (I think the max is 20) before it gets to the point where it can't keep the water clean.

I bet it was fun to have so many mantas in 1 exhibit!  They are beautiful animals!
Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo - one of the top zoos in the nation
Ooh look - it's a frog!

What am I reading right now?