Author Topic: Sick guests  (Read 9604 times)

Offline warbler21

• Pooper Scooper
Sick guests
« on: January 07, 2009, 01:46:47 PM »
So I'd like to know why some guests start to puke completely randomly? My zoos are always clean, compost is far from any main part of the zoo, not much trash bins, etc. I know that guests entering zoo on new year's day puke, and also the guests puke if one of them are named Zeta Psi. I'm just wondering why guests puke on any other days besides New year's? (no usage of "zeta psi" cheat code, and in completely clean zoos). Not a big problem, since it doesn't affect their happiness at all, and I find it hilarious.  :)) But just wondering...

Offline germanwolf

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
Re: Sick guests
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 01:02:25 PM »
usually if an animal's exhibit is smelly, or if there is poop in an exhibit near the guest(s), or an animal is pooping nearby, guests puke... i guess they all must have a very weak stomach! =P

Offline Natureboy28

• Zookeeper
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 07:27:02 PM »
They aren't supposed to be at the zoo unless you have aninimal's on New Year's Day. Are you talking about ingame right. Because they're supposed to be sick. They always have to be. :)) I'm pretty sure about that.

Offline Ryder

• Pooper Scooper
  • That Nodding Guy Is Annoying Me
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 06:09:02 AM »
This always happens to me too, I think fast food stands like burger stands etc. make guests sick. Try removing them and replace them all with restaraunts. If you haven't unlocked restaraunts, block the entrance to the zoo with stones until they are unlocked. In this way, guests will just leave the zoo and you won't need to care for them. New stuff becomes unlocked monthly or every year if I remember. That passes in about an hour or so.

Offline oreorules

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 07:19:55 PM »
If your in-game calendar is January 1st, your guests will be sick.

Offline Natureboy28

• Zookeeper
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 04:56:00 PM »
That's exactly what they said on the first official zt2 and zt web, it's closed now all of them are.

Offline the_sagebrush_kid

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 10:00:43 PM »
Yes this has been my problem as well. I only use restaurants and in the last few tests I never included a compost heap in the zoo. The zoo was always tidy and the paddocks were all neat. Yet people were puking

However I THINK I found an answer...............

Everything was going good till I started to construct an island. As soon as the people came close top water that was not part of an exhibit, well their little faces were turning green. I tried it again by building a part of the part that was seperated by a river. Once again it was all good. Then once again the peeps started to hurl.

Maybe this is part of the problem??? I have no idea but it is suspicious in my eye

Jess
:) And don't think it hasn't been a little slice of Heaven, cause it hasn't :)

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • ZA Map Masters
  • Game Warden
  • Map Maker Extraordinaire
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 08:28:26 AM »
Hi the_sagebrush_kid and  :wel4 to ZooAdmin. You know, I've been playing this game for over 7 years now, and I have NEVER had a guest get sick! I think it's so funny that so many other players notice this and have this problem. I'm at a loss to try to explain it. I don't even have sick guests on ingame Jan 1st when the zoo is open...just lucky I suppose!  :wub
Site Administrator LadyZ...if I can do it, so can you! Keep Building!
Make Now the most precious time...because Now will never come again!
Proud member of the Cabana Girlz  The Checkerboard Path Queen!

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 09:12:55 AM »
I never pay attention to the game dates, so if my guests get sick on Jan 1st, I have no idea. Sadly without my computer where the game is on, I have no way to check it out. It is funny that you have never had a problem with sick peeps.

The only other thing I noticed is that as soon as one person hurls, everyone else soon follows and my maitances men can not keep up with them.

There has to be an answer to this epidemic of sick cyber peeps.  :sick

Offline Natureboy28

• Zookeeper
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 12:16:32 PM »
You have to have animals in your zoo on the first of January (in game). Otherwise that wouldn't happen. You could have a glitch.

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 02:32:50 PM »
Hey Naturboy, I am chalking it up as a glitch, as I always have animals on The first of Jan. It does not bother me too much, well the sound of it does. When I get my computer back from the shop I am going to be trying some other tests in game to see what happens.

Offline Natureboy28

• Zookeeper
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2009, 05:29:18 PM »
I'm guessig that your computer can't hold anymore memoryso they had to cut off somethings. :))  :wel4 to  :za

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2009, 09:22:17 PM »
I'm guessig that your computer can't hold anymore memoryso they had to cut off somethings. :))  :wel4 to  :za

rofl I wish that was the only reason. Wait a minute, what am I laughing it? I am Tycoonless  :help1

Jess

Offline Natureboy28

• Zookeeper
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2009, 07:20:14 PM »
I don't know. But if you haven't completed the game much. I would probably consider, REINSTALLING. Tough Luck for you. My computer broke down a year ago and I had to do the whole ZT2 all exspansions thing again. Now I'm done with almost everything except 4 things.

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2009, 08:21:21 PM »
I don't know. But if you haven't completed the game much. I would probably consider, REINSTALLING. Tough Luck for you. My computer broke down a year ago and I had to do the whole ZT2 all exspansions thing again. Now I'm done with almost everything except 4 things.

Well I will have to reinstall everything anyway when I get it back. Normally I do not play the given scenerios. I just build my own free-form parks. eitherway I will have to reboot that game. I tried ZT2 but did not care much for the graphics. RCT3 has THE WILD expansion pack that lets you add zoo animals but the shelters are HUGE and the animals are limited. On the flip side they have great observation areas and you can build great themed indoor exhibits. So I think I will stick with the original ZT. Some of the new products I got from this group will really help me. And helll I am meeting new a cool people here. Thanks for the advice Natureboy.  :ty

Jess

Offline bluekittySC

• Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 02:20:36 PM »
I've never had sick guests in any of my zoos.  I always have guests come in as soon as I make an animal exhibit, doesn't matter what the date is.
My wish for you
Is that this life becomes all that you want it to
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small
You never need to carry more than you can hold

Offline Natureboy28

• Zookeeper
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 06:35:44 PM »
It's only in Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection. hammer if your wrong.

Offline bluekittySC

• Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 07:32:55 AM »
Umm, no, it's the same in my ZT1 and ZT2 games. I just played both.
My wish for you
Is that this life becomes all that you want it to
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small
You never need to carry more than you can hold

Offline Natureboy28

• Zookeeper
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2009, 05:27:56 AM »
Well,than. Lt's just say some people have it and others don't. clap clap clap :ty clap

ApolloTheEagle

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2009, 06:05:20 AM »
If there's lots of poo in the exhibit, then guests become sick. Why you can't see them is because it's either glitched, or that there are maybe 2 or 3 guests on top of the sick guest, hence why you can't see them.