Author Topic: AA won't install  (Read 1778 times)

Offline Ironchef

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Super Hero is my Secret Identity
AA won't install
« on: February 04, 2009, 01:55:00 PM »
When I got EA (like a year ago) my computer went bezerk and I had to uninstall ZT2.  When I tried to reinstall it, all of the expansion packs except AA installed.  When I click on install, it takes me to the unistall menu instead.  I literally have tried everything I can think of.  What I want to know is if this has happened to anyone else and if so, how do I fix this?  It's really annoying me and any invice on how to install it would be much appreciated.
I am the IRONCHEF and I will cook a mean chocolate cake! Yum
Beware my powerful spatula of truth and knife of justice!
Nine out of ten people will agree that out of ten people, one person will always disagree with the other nine

Offline germanwolf

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
Re: AA won't install
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 02:57:15 PM »
Have you been installing them in order? You should install them in the order that they came out...so EA would be the last expansion pack to install. ZT2, Endangered Species, African Adventure, Marina mania, and Extinct Animals is the order, i believe. otherwise, they wont work correctly.

Offline Ironchef

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Super Hero is my Secret Identity
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 03:12:37 PM »
Yes, and I've tried installing in every other order possible as well.  But I don't actually think it matters the order, since all expansion packs were released seperately and should be completely compatable in case someone buys only say EA and then later buys MM.  Microsoft wouldn't inconvenience their customers in that way.
I am the IRONCHEF and I will cook a mean chocolate cake! Yum
Beware my powerful spatula of truth and knife of justice!
Nine out of ten people will agree that out of ten people, one person will always disagree with the other nine

Offline Taun

• Zookeeper
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 02:29:44 AM »
Yes, and I've tried installing in every other order possible as well.  But I don't actually think it matters the order, since all expansion packs were released seperately and should be completely compatable in case someone buys only say EA and then later buys MM.  Microsoft wouldn't inconvenience their customers in that way.

You would think, but I have had similar problems with installing ZT2 and its expansions.

The other thing I noted that it also doesn't like if you set up a game directory on your C drive and install it there,  This mean't it would not install AA expansion pack at all.  I had to unistall and install it all again with the default directory.  :angry