Author Topic: Why do the guests run away from the animals even though they are in a proper exb  (Read 8174 times)

Offline Natureboy28

• Zookeeper
Why do guests run away from animals even though they are in a proper exhibit??? :))

Animals

Are they scared?

ApolloTheEagle

Usually because of the elevated paths. Because of a glitch, the guests randomly fall through the paths into the exhibit, and become scared and run around, even if the animal is peaceful. This triggers the other guests "scared" reaction, and they all start running around.
Solution: Don't use elevated paths over exhibits, as guests fall in.

Offline Natureboy28

• Zookeeper
I don't really use elevated paths though and I put wolves in their proper exhibit and they just scream. Wolves are just an example. And yes I do think they're scared because they run and scream in terror.

Offline casey

• Administrator
  • Marine Biologist
I have found that there are some problems with the fences and the buildings. For some reason, guests think that some fences do not contain certain animals: when I replaced  the fences, guests were no longer scared. Some of the buildings/objects seem to extend their influence beyond their actual size: the guests were no longer scared when I moved them (sell, and place new ones on a different spot)

ApolloTheEagle

Use clear tank walls, I experimented and none of the guests ran out screaming.

Offline The Y2J Problem

• Pooper Scooper
A better question is why do 5 or 6 guests at a time run into my tiger and dinosaur exhibits? I have no over head paths. Every once in a while a few guests will be in a cage. Then for several minutes later even when there are no guests panicing the zookeepers repeatedly tranquilize animals.

ApolloTheEagle

Hm, stumped me there. All I suggest doing is picking all of the guests out of the exhibits, but DON'T change any of the exhibit, then just watch the screen to see how guests get in, then change it.

Animals

Hmm,maybe because the aimals are scaring the gusts this hapens to me all the time so use HIGH fences!

Offline Gfh

• Pooper Scooper
  • Got to my New Site, Zoo Tycoon Mokai.
    • Zoo Tycoon Mokai
What happens to me is when tigers or another carnivore roars sometimes, the guest around the exhbit go into a frenzy.
Go to Zoo Tycoon Mokai available Here.

ApolloTheEagle

^ Yes, but what about Red Pandas? Happened to me :D

Offline Natureboy28

• Zookeeper
So you basically just follow whatever any of you say...

Offline TuckTuck87

• Pooper Scooper
Yes I've had this problem too. (I had guests afraid of peafowls)  :P  Anyway I discovered it around the time I got MM2 and EA. I think it's a glitch that comes with one or two of those expansion packs. I used to have freeroaming peafowls in my zoo but I can't anymore because of those fraidy-cat guests!  :bang
Name's Tucktuck but you can call me Tuck ;)

Offline Natureboy28

• Zookeeper
If you look at the Endangered Animals EXSP you will notice run-away peafowls and the guests don't get angry. 80 years of the San Fran Zoo, it still has peacocks everywhere. I think the happiness has something to  do with it. :wist

Offline Lord Reaper

• Pooper Scooper
Yes, I see to have this problem constantly. That is why I don't Open my Zoo no guests just Me, My Landscape, and I
I Love ZA!!!
Your My Hero Steve Irwin R.I.P
Fun Fact:
Arctic Foxes start to shiver at -100 degrees F!
Hippo's closest relative is the Whale!
Come Visit my Site: http://sites.google.com/site/zt2lrprojects/Home

Offline Natureboy28

• Zookeeper
You're kind of missing the point of this game but your free to do whatever.
 :))

Offline Lord Reaper

• Pooper Scooper
To his own The game is to build a Zoo I do just that. It's my own personal Zoo
I Love ZA!!!
Your My Hero Steve Irwin R.I.P
Fun Fact:
Arctic Foxes start to shiver at -100 degrees F!
Hippo's closest relative is the Whale!
Come Visit my Site: http://sites.google.com/site/zt2lrprojects/Home

Offline Natureboy28

• Zookeeper
Without guests but still, everyone has their own opinion.