Author Topic: Zoo Tycoon 2 & Windows Vista?  (Read 4071 times)

Offline Elysian

• Pooper Scooper
Zoo Tycoon 2 & Windows Vista?
« on: March 06, 2009, 05:17:14 AM »
I'm assuming someone has posted this somewhere already, but I can't find it. >.<

Anyway . . . I just got a new computer for Christmas, and I want desperately to play ZT2. I can install the original game and Endangered (maybe African, too?), when when I try to install Extinct Animals, it says that the original game isn't installed, so it can't install the game. . .

Any idea how to fix this so I can install all of the expansion packs? I can open the game and play after installing the packs that will install properly, but I want the other two in there, too. >.<

- Elysian
"In real life, the only people who break out into song are the hopelessly distressed" - Unknown
"Love is being stupid together" - Paul Valery
"You can always tell a true friend; when you've made a c

ApolloTheEagle

Re: Zoo Tycoon 2 & Windows Vista?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 06:09:28 AM »
Happened to me, but the only way I could fix it was getting a new disc (AA for me), but I'm not sure if it is the same for you. Maybe try on a computer with XP - if it works, then it's vista that's the problem, not the discs. If it still doesn't work, I would call the customer sevice number on your case or disc, and get a replacement :D

Offline Elysian

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 05:46:53 AM »
Lol I lost the URl to the site. >.<

Anyway, I tried installing it on my Vista computer again, and it wouldnt even let me get as far as the last time, so I gave up. But, I was able to install it completely on my laptop, which I didn't think I'd be able to do because I didn't think my graphics card was good enough, but I guess it is! Lol. I'm excited now - I get to play ZT2. ^_^ So it's Vista, not the disks, but at least I get to play it now.

Thanks!

- Elysian
"In real life, the only people who break out into song are the hopelessly distressed" - Unknown
"Love is being stupid together" - Paul Valery
"You can always tell a true friend; when you've made a c

Offline bouncebag

• Pooper Scooper
    • Bouncebag.com - Bounce for fun
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 02:47:26 AM »
also you cannot install the addax on vista unless you some how extract the download from the exe files and install like downloads from here....
:))

my Russian dwarf hamster, stripe died 9th march 2009, aged ~31 months, RIP

Offline Lord Reaper

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 04:53:54 PM »
I Found that you have to install them in order ES,AA,MM,EA or else it does not let you install
I Love ZA!!!
Your My Hero Steve Irwin R.I.P
Fun Fact:
Arctic Foxes start to shiver at -100 degrees F!
Hippo's closest relative is the Whale!
Come Visit my Site: http://sites.google.com/site/zt2lrprojects/Home