Author Topic: Hybrids in ZT2  (Read 10287 times)

Offline Natureboy28

• Zookeeper
Hybrids in ZT2
« on: March 11, 2009, 05:42:37 PM »
I always wanted to have a hybrid in ZT2. Not downloads just official hybrids. :ty

Animals

Re: Hybrids in ZT2
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 06:14:37 PM »
The Masai Giraffe and the Reticulated can crossbreed and aswell as the Zebra and Quagga.
But there are no hybrids..

ApolloTheEagle

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 10:17:46 PM »
Most likely because hybrids are extremely uncommon in the wild, the only ligers or any hybrids have ever been in forced captivity, whereas a lion and a tiger would never meet in the wild - they live in different continents! And I don't need to even explain the Quagga and the zebra :D If we made hybrids as common as normal babies in the game, you might as well just chuck reality out the window :D

Although maybe a 1:1000 chance, it would be pretty nifty. But you couldn't breed them again :D Maybe like the killer penguin...

Offline Taun

• Zookeeper
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 12:03:20 PM »
Most likely because hybrids are extremely uncommon in the wild, the only ligers or any hybrids have ever been in forced captivity, whereas a lion and a tiger would never meet in the wild - they live in different continents! And I don't need to even explain the Quagga and the zebra :D If we made hybrids as common as normal babies in the game, you might as well just chuck reality out the window :D

Although maybe a 1:1000 chance, it would be pretty nifty. But you couldn't breed them again :D Maybe like the killer penguin...

Not completely true, Asian Lions populate India.

However I agree most hybrids never occur, the mostly like hybrids you will see are sub-species hybrids, like giraffes (example: rothschild & Massi), tigers (exmaple: Bengal & Amur) and gibbons.

Offline Natureboy28

• Zookeeper
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 12:14:42 PM »
I knew about the giraffes and the zebra/quagga. I heard there was a Green Sea Turtle and a Leatherback Sea Turtle hybrid. I also heard there was a King Cheetah hybrid in this game.

Offline Taun

• Zookeeper
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 11:07:50 AM »
I also heard there was a King Cheetah hybrid in this game.

Its not a hybrid but a variant skin for the Cheetah.

Offline Gfh

• Pooper Scooper
  • Got to my New Site, Zoo Tycoon Mokai.
    • Zoo Tycoon Mokai
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 12:38:43 PM »
Yes Taun is right.
Go to Zoo Tycoon Mokai available Here.

Offline Natureboy28

• Zookeeper
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 05:32:55 PM »
Wow do I get the varient, I have all the exspansions??? :wacko

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • ZA Designer
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Mika's ZT2 Skins
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 06:47:51 PM »
yes you get it as long as you have your settings on medium or higher (aka you can see variants in your zoos)
Visit my website, where you can view and download my work!
Also, check out the new Penguika site!

Please don't PM me asking about Island Excursions; we have a forum for a reason.

Offline Taun

• Zookeeper
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 10:58:00 AM »
yes you get it as long as you have your settings on medium or higher (aka you can see variants in your zoos)

Its randomly generated, so if you adopted 10 cheetah's not all would be "king cheetahs" as there would be normal variants as well.  Also cubs will grow up and have a random variant skin assigned to them.

Offline Natureboy28

• Zookeeper
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 02:49:38 PM »
Does anyone have a pic to a ZT2 Kin Cheetah? :)) :ty