Author Topic: Animals / Animal Variants  (Read 4437 times)

Offline caddienoah

• Copa Cabana
  • Pooper Scooper
Animals / Animal Variants
« on: March 27, 2009, 08:16:42 AM »
What is the difference in the download sections "animals" and "animal variants"?  Why aren't they all in one section together...Wouldn't that be easier for people to find which types of animals are available???  Was told to post the question here...

ApolloTheEagle

Re: Animals / Animal Variants
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 08:19:13 AM »
The Animal section is where seperate animals are made, and they're placeable and they act just like any normal animal in the game. The Animal varients are re-colours for the skins which go with animals that are already made, and come up random, so it doesn't make all the animals identical.

Offline caddienoah

• Copa Cabana
  • Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 05:38:13 PM »
I understand that...but in ZT1...animals are grouped together, divided by type...birds, dinos, reptiles, etc...why different here in ZT2...created vs. re-colours???

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • ZA Designer
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Mika's ZT2 Skins
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 06:43:35 PM »
Animal: CAN be a recolor of an existing animal BUT it is listed as a NEW animal in the adoption panel.

Variant: Only accessible by placing one of the already present animals in the game. For instance, camel variants don't give you  another animal to adopt, it just alters the look of the pre-existing animals in game.

It is actually more confusing to group them together because some people will download them and not realize that its not a NEW animal. They just add variety to the animals already included.

Visit my website, where you can view and download my work!
Also, check out the new Penguika site!

Please don't PM me asking about Island Excursions; we have a forum for a reason.

Offline caddienoah

• Copa Cabana
  • Pooper Scooper
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 02:46:44 AM »
"It is actually more confusing to group them together because some people will download them and not realize that its not a NEW animal. They just add variety to the animals already included."

Now that I can understand...thank you.