Author Topic: Download Problems  (Read 17146 times)

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Tycoon ZT1 Downloads
Download Problems
« on: April 09, 2009, 08:16:48 AM »
If you are having a problem downloading a file please post it here so we can look into the problem and get it fixed. Please try to read through any other posts or use the search funtion at the top of the page to see if there is a post about the file you are having a problem with.

I ask this so duplicate posts can be avoided as much as possible.

Thank you

YR

The Warden - Avoid Warnings and Mod Preview - Please read the RULES
Member - Cabana Girls, Honorium Emeritus-Zoolanders

Offline tatataz

• Pooper Scooper
Re: Download Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 02:31:04 PM »
I have tried for days to download from zt2 downloads I tried every download and always get the same error message #404 server not found and some will ask you to log on and when you try that tells you user or password not found any words of encouragement on when this will be resolved thank you for your service

Offline PantherJosh

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 05:38:41 PM »
i dont know when it will be resolved but its happened for a while and it really annoys me! :angry

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 02:17:13 AM »
Please read the topic HERE

Offline Dinoking 2.0

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 02:43:38 PM »
I'm Really Starting To Dislike This Site.I HAVE WATED FOR 5 YEARS FOR THIS DOWNLOADS AND THE IS WHAT I GET!!!!!! :angry :angry :angry :angry hammer hammer hammer

Sorry,

Dinoking 2.0
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 02:45:47 PM by Dinoking 2.0 »

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 03:03:35 PM »
Dinoking I am sorry you feel that way but I am only one person and also an adult with a house to look after, meals to cook laundry to do and other family responsibilities. I am not a young person who just has to worry about playing games and school. I'm sorry my lack of time to get everything done by myself is not up to your expectations :angry. But I am doing what I can when time allows. Patience is something some of you young people need to learn along with how to be a little more polite and understanding.

The files will get added and the links fixed when my home and family are looked after if it takes a week or a month to get a section done so be it. At least you have some files to use and they aren't totally unavailable to you.

And just to clarify things for you the files have only been offline for 2 years not your 5 years so the extra 3 year wait is your own doing and beyond my control as were the problems that plagued the ZA server which caused the lack of file availability in the first place.

Maybe next time you post you won't be so rude and ungrateful for things that others do for free in their spare time so you can have something different to enjoy for your game.

Yellowrose

Offline Pasja

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 06:18:23 AM »
All the downloads ar ****, NOTHING WORKS!
I wana make a zt2 Prehistoric Park, so I need a Terror bird, but de link dowd work!
Pleas fix the links

Edited by Zookreeper for language
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 01:05:53 AM by Zookreeper »

Offline Raptor Red

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 03:04:43 PM »
All the downloads ar ****, NOTHING WORKS!
I wana make a zt2 Prehistoric Park, so I need a Terror bird, but de link dowd work!
Pleas fix the links
wow you guys are rude your lucky their still even trying, show some respect! :angry
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 01:06:29 AM by Zookreeper »

Offline fern

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 06:40:40 PM »
Pasja there is no need for such rudeness. Did you even bother to read the post just before you made your one. It is nastiness like you have shown that puts people off wanting to even bother trying to make things available.

Yellowrose is doing what she can and she is not paid to do this.

The links should work on files that are locked (showing a little paddlock in the menu). If it is not locked it has yet to be fixed.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 06:43:41 PM by fern »
Dragonrider
Girl in training for the Gnome Tossing Marathon.
Tech Admin at Zoo Tycoon Community Download Directory

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 07:41:13 PM »
Well I have closed off the boards for files that are not yet available with the exception I believe of the object packs. When I have the files restored and the links fixed the boards will be made available. So with that said if you are looking for animals etc in closed boards I'm sorry but you'll have to wait till I get ALL the files in the board fixed before I make the board visable for everyone.

This should put a stop to error messages and whining.

Offline Pasja

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 09:24:42 AM »
Im sorry, i m Duch (Nederlands) so i dont can real good speaking englisch, so if i give a evil woord, i dont mean it

Offline fern

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 05:21:16 AM »
Pasja: We do have a person here who speaks dutch so if you get really stuck for words put it in Dutch and maybe she will answer you. Thank you for saying sorry. Just be patient and the files will come back in time.
Dragonrider
Girl in training for the Gnome Tossing Marathon.
Tech Admin at Zoo Tycoon Community Download Directory

Offline Bermuda

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 11:32:51 AM »
I'm having problems downloading zoo tycoon 2 files that are supposed to be avalaible. When i go to download some of them it says that I have to be a member to download these, and I try to login and it won't let me and it won't let me register. If I could have some help please, that would be nice.

Thank you

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 10:15:03 PM »
Without an example, it is difficult to say what the problem is. So I will give just a general description. The Zoo Admin Download sites are set up so that guests can download things without being members. The download sites do not allow registering. There are 2 Zoo Admin download sites: 1 for ZT1 and 1 for ZT2. The ZT2 download site is here:
http://www.zooadmin.net/ZT2/index.php?action=forum

Zoo Admin had problems in the past. The last problem was that the computer server it was on became corrupted. So the web host company put Zoo Admin onto a different computer server. But it is Zoo Admin staff that has to put the things back onto the new server. That is happening now, as the Zoo Admin staff find time. So there are many broken links at the download site, which will give "404 Errors" until they are fixed. There are also many things that are hidden until they are fixed.

You might have gone to the Zoo Tycoon Community Download Directory (https://www.zooadmin.org/DD/index.php?action=forum). Although that site is owned by the same person (Yellowrose) whom owns Zoo Admin, that site is not related. That site has lists of downloads that are at many Zoo Tycoon sites, including Zoo Admin. If you click a link there, it goes to the site that has the download. Many of the Zoo Admin links there were made when Zoo Admin was on the previous computer server. So if you click a link there, it might try to go to a hidden area at Zoo Admin's download sites, which would then give you a message that you need to log in. That means those areas are not currently available. In some cases, the Download Directory site was updated to say "ZAOffline" in the lists, but probably not everywhere.

Offline Bermuda

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2009, 12:17:07 PM »
I was trying to download the everything hack, and it was off the right website

Offline pukkie

• Section Moderator
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2009, 06:26:14 AM »
To Pasja
You can send me a pm in dutch if you please with what your problem is
then we can see if we can fix it together
(ik ben helaas wel een beetje een computerkluns dus ik hoop dat je een beetje geduld hebt)

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2009, 01:59:59 AM »
Quote from: Bermuda
I was trying to download the everything hack, and it was off the right website

The links in the "New Downloads" and "File Updates" areas at the ZT2 download site are currently all over a year old. Those links were put there on the previous computer server. So many of them, including the Everything Hack, have not been restored yet. Since the Everything Hack is not restored yet, it is in an area that is not open yet, which is why you cannot get it at this time. When looking for downloads at the ZT2 download site, look in any area besides the "New Downloads" and "File Updates" areas. For example, the hacks that have been restored are in the Hacks area there.

Offline Bermuda

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 10:47:51 AM »
Thank you

Offline LvArabianHorses

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2009, 08:42:18 PM »
Hi!  I really want to get the downloads onto my Zoo Tycoon 2 game!! I've tried everything, but nothing works!  :bang Please help!  :(

Offline jennyjeebies

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 02:04:20 PM »
im having some problem with downloading, im saving the file and then extracting it to the zoo tycoon 2 game file but once i open the game its not there.

am i missing somthing?

jennyjeebies