Author Topic: Gah...  (Read 3995 times)

Offline Dinomon96

• Pooper Scooper
Gah...
« on: April 13, 2009, 06:34:58 AM »
Hey, I'm Dinoman96, and I need some help here...

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee88/Dinoman96/lolwut.jpg

Yeah, I'm trying to reinstall Complete Collection, but it keeps telling me this at some point? Help?

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Tycoon ZT1 Downloads
Re: Gah...
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 12:28:48 PM »
Ok first thing I would like you to do is take a look using Windows Explorer and see if you can copy and paste the animals.ztd file from your ZT disc to your desktop. If you can do that then you're fine. Just try to reinstall and when you get that error click Ignore and continue installation. If you get that error again with another file during installation make a note of the file name and folder it tried to install to and then when completed, using windows explorer locate the needed files on your ZT disc and use copy and paste to manually install the files to the right game folders.

Once you have that finished and the game installed run ZT to be sure all installed ok. If you still have difficulties or you can't copy the files from your ZT disc using copy and paste then it is possible your disc's have become scratched or the files corrupted and you may need to buy a new copy of CC.

The Warden - Avoid Warnings and Mod Preview - Please read the RULES
Member - Cabana Girls, Honorium Emeritus-Zoolanders

Offline Dinomon96

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 02:14:25 PM »
Ok first thing I would like you to do is take a look using Windows Explorer and see if you can copy and paste the animals.ztd file from your ZT disc to your desktop. If you can do that then you're fine. Just try to reinstall and when you get that error click Ignore and continue installation. If you get that error again with another file during installation make a note of the file name and folder it tried to install to and then when completed, using windows explorer locate the needed files on your ZT disc and use copy and paste to manually install the files to the right game folders.

Once you have that finished and the game installed run ZT to be sure all installed ok. If you still have difficulties or you can't copy the files from your ZT disc using copy and paste then it is possible your disc's have become scratched or the files corrupted and you may need to buy a new copy of CC.

You mean the folder or actual disc?

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Tycoon ZT1 Downloads
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 06:22:36 PM »
Copy the files that have errors from the actual ZT disc. If you can copy and paste them from the disc to your desktop then you can manually add them to the game folders after the game has installed. Make sure all the files with that error are copied and pasted to the proper game folders BEFORE you try to run the game. Sometimes as operating systems update or change in some way the install program can not install properly. In that case you can sometimes copy and paste the needed files to complete the install manually.

When the error pops up with the ignore button visable as in the screen posted make sure you note the folder the file goes in as well as the file name before you click ignore. Do this for all the files that show the error and just click ignore. You may get a message that the game did not install properly. Just click OK but do not run the game.

Look at the list you made of the files that gave the error. Use windows explorer to find the needed files on your ZT disc. Use copy and paste to put them on the desktop or into the proper game folders. Once this is done for all of the files in your error list try to start the game. The game should run fine provided you copied and pasted all the needed files to the proper game folders on your hard drive where you installed ZT.

The Warden - Avoid Warnings and Mod Preview - Please read the RULES
Member - Cabana Girls, Honorium Emeritus-Zoolanders

Offline Dinomon96

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 02:29:15 AM »
It said I couldn't copy and paste the one file. I guess I gotta get a new copy...*sigh*

EDIT: Nope, nevermind, there was just a few scratches on the CD. We fixed it.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 03:29:16 AM by Dinomon96 »