Author Topic: dll's  (Read 4613 times)

Offline sarah

• Pooper Scooper
dll's
« on: July 06, 2009, 12:22:14 AM »
Hi.

I have downloaded lots of lovely items from here and zootek, but many of them are not displaying their name ingame. I have the main ZA dll's, plus any which come with the file, but they still are not working. I don't mind not knowing what they are called myself, but will the guests still use and enjoy them?

I am using vista, if that helps.

Thanks guys!

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
Re: dll's
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 05:12:17 AM »
ZT will still work if you do not have a ".dll" with the messages for a building. Guests will still use the building and will still enjoy it. You just would not see any messages related to the building, including guest thoughts concerning the building. But having the ".dll" files and the messages will make ZT more interesting. At Zookeeper's Lounge, I previously posted a list of various ".dll" files, which might be useful:
http://www.lunamanar.com/zklounge/index.php?showtopic=1974

Offline sarah

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 06:21:22 AM »
Thanks Jay. I wonder if I might be putting the dll files in the wrong place. At the moment, I am putting everything in the dlupdate folder.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Tycoon ZT1 Downloads
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 06:02:56 PM »
Your dll files should go in just the main Zoo Tycoon folder. Remove them from the dlupdates folder and put them in the main ZT folder and your messages etc should appear when ingame.

The Warden - Avoid Warnings and Mod Preview - Please read the RULES
Member - Cabana Girls, Honorium Emeritus-Zoolanders

Offline sarah

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 03:18:08 AM »
Thank you, yellowrose. Most of the items have their messages working now.