Zoo Tycoon 2 > General Discussion

Downloads in Vista

(1/1)

sweet sue:
Hi

I'm hoping someone here can help me, please.

I have a laptop with Vista (yuck!) and I recently had it repaired (not sure of that's relevant). Before the repair, I had zt2, and had all exps and loads of dls.  But I must have forgotten the routes for where to put dls and saved games. So although I've got loads of dls and saved games on a memory stick, I don't know where to put them! I thought the route was something like:

Users/User/App Data/Roaming/MS/Windows......

but there is no such route! There is no folder 'AppData' in the User folder. But there is a folder on my desktop called Data Recovery, which has a folder called Rachel (my name) and in there is a folder 'AppData'.

And finally, I don't suppose this is relevant, but I cannot load the extinct animals exp. It just keeps getting stuck!

I know this is all a bit involved, but if anyone can give me pointers, I'd be really grateful.

Jay:
I do not use ZT2 or Vista. So I can only give general advice. By default, the "AppData" folder is probably hidden in Vista just like the "Application Data" folder is hidden in XP. So you would have to unhide that folder. Here is a link to the Download Directory where instructions are given for installing user made ZT2 things in XP. Hopefully there is enough information for you there to figure out what to do with Vista:
https://www.zooadmin.org/DD/index.php?topic=2472.0

sweet sue:
Thanks for that, Jay!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version