Author Topic: So, no ZT3?  (Read 4011 times)

adam1990

So, no ZT3?
« on: May 28, 2012, 01:07:08 AM »
I know Blue Fang no longer has the rights to Zoo Tycoon, and this likely means that the franchise is done.  However, there is still a slight possibility of ZT3, or a game like it... would you prefer this?  Should we start a petition for ZT3?

Offline Firehawke

• Master Zoo Builder
  • Game Warden
  • Ooh, look ... It's a Frog
Re: So, no ZT3?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 08:42:54 AM »
We could try to start one!  I'm not sure who has the rights to ZT, though, since BF has disolved.
Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo - one of the top zoos in the nation
Ooh look - it's a frog!

What am I reading right now?

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Zookeeper
Re: So, no ZT3?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 06:37:47 PM »
Okay, it's been...a while...since I played ZT2, but I've been thinking about it quite a bit lately (still have the Complete Collection installed) & was actually just thinking about this very thing.

While I personally feel that The Sims 3 sucked big time (just my opinion as a hardcore TS2 fan!) I think that a properly done Zoo Tycoon 3 would be pretty dang cool, especially if they managed to combine the best features from both into one game. (The thing I missed the most from ZT1 was - of all things - the ability to name the exhibits. I really, really enjoyed that!)

So yes, I would likely sign any ZT3 petition I found, if only to let game designers know that some of us folks really do enjoy games that aren't all about stealing cars, killing cops or beating the tar out of things!

(Still thinking about booting up ZT2 again...if I can remember what I used to know about modding it!)
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" -Adam Savage, co-host of the Mythbusters TV series.
**** Long Live the Wolves and all Wild Canines! ****
*** Self Proclaimed "Leader Of The MoonBats!" ***