Souvenirs & Gifts (Downloads) > Downloads Support

Download not unzipping

<< < (2/3) > >>

fern:
Can you post what she says as that info might be useful for someone else too.

Firehawke:
Here's part of what she said...

--- Quote ---I just checked my Shen's path pack and it doesn't open either. Its been a long time since she was in the community and either the download is corrupt or the link is corrupt.
--- End quote ---

It's all very strange!

fern:
I sent Jay a copy of the info and this is our conversation on it. I also sent him the file I downloaded.

Fern: I was able to download this but is it a rar file?
Jay: Yes, it is a Rar file.  If you right-click on the file and click 7-Zip->Open archive, and then click the Info button in the 7-Zip window, it gives its Type as being Rar.  Also, if you open up the file in Notepad, its first 3 characters show "Rar".
Fern: I wonder if that is the source of their problem. Any thoughts or ideas?
Jay: Yes, that is the source of their problem trying to unzip it.  7-Zip has no problems with it, since 7-Zip understands Rar files.  The file is not corrupted.  Shen must have used WinRar and when she put her ".z2f" (ZT2's equivalent of a ".ztd") and ".dl" (ZT2's equivalent of a ".cfg") files inside, either she accidentally had WinRar use Rar compression instead of Zip compression or she accidentally told WinRar to use a ".zip" extension.  ZA has a few Rar type files with a ".rar" extension.  So people that want those files would need a program that can extract Rar files.  Of course, I recommend 7-Zip.

Firehawke:
Thanks for the info, Fern!  I'll have to see if I can give that I try.  I usually use public computers which are set up to not allow programs to be downloaded and run.

Menolly:
I managed to get the file opened with 7-zip and used the extract file. Before I was just using zip, Thanks Jay and Fern for the information!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version