Author Topic: Zoo Empire  (Read 15903 times)

Offline Texgnome1

• Old Gnome!
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Zoo Empire
« on: January 20, 2005, 11:22:36 PM »
Posted by: dude_88 Jun. 2 2004, 06:47 PM
Has anyone heard of this game? I think that it is a rip off of ZT. If you say ZT2 is cartoony than look at the screenshots.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ogames&n=490190  

Posted by: flamethrower Jun. 2 2004, 08:12 PM
Looks like ZT has a rival. At first, it looked okay, but then the zoomed in shots . . . ugh. The people are weird and some of the animals seem paper. The gameplay seems okay though.  

Posted by: Snow Leapord Jun. 2 2004, 09:25 PM
Hah! The people look fat.  But anyways, I think the game could be worth atleast a download of the demo.. do they have one?  

Posted by: jediliz Jun. 4 2004, 12:55 AM
doesn't look worth $25 (amazon's "sale" price) and it reminds me a little of the SimThemePark. If anything, it rips off that game. I got bored of that game after awhile.

If I buy this, it'll be when its on the bargain rack.  

Posted by: african raptor Jun. 4 2004, 04:05 AM
it looks amazing i will get it  

Posted by: Bongo Jun. 5 2004, 05:28 AM
Yeah, some parts of it look too cartoony. But hey, it's got komodo dragons and koalas. The water animation'
s looking fine. Hmmm...  

Naw, yet too expensive.  

http://www.videogameslife.com/pages/game/1298.htm  

Posted by: komodo007 Jun. 5 2004, 05:48 AM
Even wildlife park looks better  

Posted by: african raptor Jun. 5 2004, 06:39 AM
no i dissagree wildlife park i think was not better than this plus this game has more bonus things than wildlife park and zoo tycoon for instance you can put lions and elephants together without the killing each other and one of the best things about it is they have trains and boats which is what i allways wanted for zoo tycoon  

Posted by: Russ1 Jun. 5 2004, 07:21 AM
How many animals are there in this game and which ones do we know of?  

Posted by: african raptor Jun. 5 2004, 07:24 AM
From Koalas to Komodo dragons, choose from over 40 species and subspecies of animals including both rare and endangered species. As you continually invest in new research, new animals will be unlocked for you to include in your ultimate zoo. Please your visitors and enhance your zoo's appeal with over 200 buildings, items and facilities to create your dream zoo, all modeled in 3D.

so over 40 animals  

Posted by: komodo007 Jun. 5 2004, 08:40 AM
well I supose the number of animals sounds good. I wonder if there is a website stating all the animals?  

Posted by: african raptor Jun. 5 2004, 08:47 AM
try and find the official website  

Posted by: komodo007 Jun. 5 2004, 08:48 AM
I will but I doubt that it will have the complete list of animals on their  

Posted by: african raptor Jun. 5 2004, 08:55 AM
go here click on the second and third picture tell me what you see
http://www.thediscworld.co.uk/zooempire.htm#  

Posted by: komodo007 Jun. 5 2004, 09:09 AM
on the 2nd pic, I see 2 blackish looking wolfs and on the 3rd, well There are 2 small monkey thibngs but they are so well blended in with the florr, I can hardly seee them  

Posted by: african raptor Jun. 5 2004, 09:13 AM
no not the animals look in the exhibit there is something there we have allseen before  

Posted by: Russ1 Jun. 5 2004, 09:21 AM
Well, this game sounds good in writing but that picture of the elephants and lions really put me off. It doesn't look realistic at all.  

Posted by: R-s-n Jun. 5 2004, 02:35 PM
Oh...it ,i received a PM,of an man of Elights osftware,telling me to test it beta game(i think is it),but it not PM or e-mail me back!  

Posted by: Pangeia King Jun. 5 2004, 02:42 PM
QUOTE (Russ1 @ Jun 5 2004, 07:21 AM)
Well, this game sounds good in writing but that picture of the elephants and lions really put me off. It doesn't look realistic at all.  

Totaly agree!
I think this game a piece of junk! The gusts seems like plastics toys, the buildings are stupid and only the Elephant seems god (Is hard to find games with good elephants)
Now all will want to get that game because he seems like ZT....But is totally different!
ZT is better! ZT 4 EVER!  

Posted by: Megaraptor Jun. 6 2004, 04:25 PM
African Raptor, is it that there are different times off the day?  

Posted by: dude_88 Jun. 6 2004, 04:43 PM
its the toy they stole from zt  

Posted by: Megaraptor Jun. 6 2004, 04:46 PM
Wah its the same exact size and color man that is cheap!I still wanna buy it because it has Komodo Dragons and 40 animals looks kinda fun. Maybe it can hold me over until i get ZT2.Hmmmm  

Posted by: african raptor Jun. 7 2004, 11:47 AM
yay you got it they stole it  
megaraptor zt has komodo dragons  

Posted by: komodo007 Jun. 7 2004, 12:55 PM
I am not going to get it, It is 3D but seems very basic and kidy-like  

Posted by: Megaraptor Jun. 12 2004, 01:37 PM
I know zt has komodos but they did a bad job on em. Wrong environment and they can't swim.  

Posted by: snowleopard55 Jul. 7 2004, 11:12 PM
Has anyone seen or played this new game Zoo Empire which I found while searching Amazon.com for Zoo Tycoon 2?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ce&s=videogames

What do you think? Would it be a good one? Shall I get it to ease my need for something new since ZT is flat and ZT2 is forever from now?

Posted by: compy9 Jul. 7 2004, 11:15 PM
Hmm... i dont think ill like it  

Posted by: zoomac92 Jul. 10 2004, 07:17 PM
I think it looks pretty good when's it coming out I think I'll get it. It looks like it could be a competetor in the best simulation contest so I guess I'll get it.  

Posted by: Eagle One Jul. 10 2004, 07:56 PM
no i havnt looks interesting though if you buy it write a review on it please  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jul. 10 2004, 09:46 PM
I have the game Restaurant Empire made by the same people- and that is a very good game. So could be interesting to see how this game turns out.  

Posted by: Xtreme Jul. 10 2004, 09:50 PM
It looks like a rip-off of Zoo Tycoon.  

Posted by: Dolphindiver Jul. 10 2004, 10:09 PM
The people look a little unrealistic, and the animals look a little strange, I don't know
what else to say. I'll see how it turns out, but I think I'll still get ZT2.  

Posted by: gibberish Jul. 10 2004, 10:53 PM
 it looks WAY too cartoony  

Posted by: BigFish Jul. 12 2004, 08:34 AM
I like only the animal, maybe.........  

Posted by: wisco Jul. 13 2004, 06:48 AM
to be honest, I like the graphics in this game more then the graphics in ZT2!

Posted by: jbl Jul. 13 2004, 10:57 AM
I like *some* graphics better, but most of them are way more bad
I don't like the cartoon-style  

Posted by: gibberish Jul. 14 2004, 12:21 AM
it looks alot like a rip off of zoo tycoon, like Xtreme said...  

Posted by: Pangeia King Jul. 14 2004, 01:18 AM
is a Disgusting game!  

Posted by: frinkyman Jul. 14 2004, 01:38 PM
The official site has launched take a look.

http://www.enlight.com/ze/

Looks nice, but not as nice as ZT2

Posted by: Stoy13 Jul. 14 2004, 01:54 PM
At first glance it seemed pretty good. I liked the idea of deer and koalas. But the buildings look rediculous and the graphics aren't too good.  

Posted by: zoomac92 Jul. 14 2004, 03:27 PM
I wouldn't know, but I'd say you guys are all putting it down because you think ZT is better, I think we should give it a chance the demo will be out soon and I'm gona download so that this game gets a fighting chance, I like the graphics anyway. Have any seen the cheetahs they look really good.  

Posted by: Zooguy Jul. 14 2004, 03:37 PM
I've seen a screenshot of ZooEmpire and the elephant toy is exactly(sp) the same as in ZT1  

Posted by: Megaraptor Jul. 14 2004, 03:54 PM
If anyone gets the game, if you can could you post a pic of the Croc and Komodo Monitor, please?  

Posted by: willoughby Jul. 15 2004, 10:25 AM
I just got it  and I love it. It's almost as good as ZT.  

Posted by: Xtreme Jul. 15 2004, 10:33 AM
It's DEFENATLY a rip-off of Zoo Tycoon.  I think they just saw how successfull ZT was and made this one to see if they made more money. But it looks absolutely awful, even Sim Theme Park looks better!  

Posted by: ckgiggles Jul. 15 2004, 10:49 AM
put the animals in ZT2 and throw the rest out and ZT2 would be even better. love the detailed animals but the rest (yuck!)  

Posted by: dinwrest Jul. 15 2004, 10:50 AM
It's looks at exactly the same as ZT , same ammount of animals same exhibet concept . Then it's 3d like ZT2 . The buildings are cheap  

Posted by: Megaraptor Jul. 15 2004, 12:06 PM
QUOTE (willoughby @ Jul 15 2004, 09:25 AM)

You bought it! What do the komodos and, if their are any, crocs look like.  

Posted by: Megaraptor Jul. 15 2004, 01:10 PM
I changed my mind, no matter how cool the Komodos are i won't get this game. When i want to build a zoo, i wanna make one that has realistic looking odjects and environments.  

Posted by: willoughby Jul. 17 2004, 12:32 PM
The Komodo Dragons look way more realistic than in zoo tycoon, there habitat is rainforest and savannah. They don't like a lot of water but they do swim. PS. You can make natural boundries insted of fences.  

Posted by: Lehner Jul. 17 2004, 07:39 PM
If you would want to make an animal game, wouldn't it (though you never played ZT) look kinda like a ripoff?
Don't just call it a bad rip if you haven't played it, (animal) tycoon games look all very similar.  

Posted by: toucan brasil Jul. 18 2004, 10:35 AM
QUOTE (willoughby @ Jul 15 2004, 10:25 AM)

Cool, what animals the game have  

Posted by: Dolphindiver Jul. 19 2004, 12:19 AM
QUOTE (willoughby @ Jul 17 2004, 11:32 AM)
You can make natural boundries insted of fences.  

There will be natural boundaries in ZT2

That jus prooves their trying to over run ZT2  

Posted by: toucan brasil Jul. 19 2004, 08:39 AM
QUOTE (Megaraptor @ Jul 15 2004, 12:06 PM)

what the animal list?
What animals are in game?
the game have any endangered species reproduce program?
is a good game?

please i need some answers  

Posted by: Xtreme Jul. 19 2004, 05:18 PM
I saw the Elephant toy, and it's the EXACT same thing as Zoo Tycoon's Elephant toy. Same color, same details, same everything!  

To the people that made this game, be original!  

Posted by: Stoy13 Jul. 19 2004, 05:32 PM
the buildings in the game are out of oroportion and look rediculous.  

Posted by: jediliz Jul. 20 2004, 12:08 AM
I don't want to waste my money on this until its a bargain shelf price of $9.99 or even $5.99 . . . . . . . is there a demo ? That's how I got addicted to Zoo Tycoon - i downloaded the DEMO and then was so impressed got it like a week later (the full game). I doubt I'd do that with Zoo Empire. I also had been contacted by the people to beta test it, but I didn't send anything in.  

Posted by: michicol Jul. 21 2004, 10:19 AM
Im still debating on getting it, is it good? what features does it have, like weather and waterfalls?  

Posted by: Dolphindiver Jul. 21 2004, 02:04 PM
I just went and saw some of the newer screens, and in my opinion, I think they look worse than the original ones!  The pandas look badly shapen, the tables (which were from the original screens) look pathetic, little wooden tables and chairs. But I would like to know too, what are the features of the game? MAYBE I would get the demo if there was one...  

Posted by: Doshi The Yoshi Jul. 25 2004, 01:29 PM
I hope they realease a demo soon so I can try it... But what would be even better is if bluefang realeased a demo of ZT2 now!  

Posted by: Jeox Aug. 2 2004, 02:49 PM
 Is this a takeoff of zoo tycoon 2 ? Even if it is this game does kinda sound cool  

It's called zoo empire.

Sporting flexible gameplay, choose from either the sandbox mode where you establish the rules of the game, or accept the challenge of graduating from rookie zookeeper to wildlife whiz in the challenging career mode!

Keep your animals, employees and visitors happy, keep the money rolling in, and path by path, animal by animal, exhibit by exhibit, build your very own Zoo Empire!

Feature List

From All Corners of the World...
From Koalas to Komodo dragons, choose from over 40 species and subspecies of animals including both rare and endangered species. As you continually invest in new research, new animals will be unlocked for you to include in your ultimate zoo. Please your visitors and enhance your zoo's appeal with over 200 buildings, items and facilities to create your dream zoo, all modeled in 3D.
Design, Build & Manage the Ultimate Zoo
Create a wildlife sanctuary without parallel with Zoo Empire. As owner of your zoo, adopt animals, landscape and build exhibits, hire and manage employees, and keep visitors happy as the money pours into your virtual zoo! Unlock animals, research new technologies and learn all about the challenges of modern-day animal care as you progress up the ladder of Zoodom.
Fun for All Types of Gamers
Zoo Empire features a 20-scenario branched campaign mode for those wishing to undertake their greatest challenge of their zoo career, or simply indulge yourself in the sandbox mode, where you make your own rules and play as you wish.
Become the Next Star Attraction
Train your animals to perform in spectacular shows that will please and entertain your visitors. Invest in advertising so your animals gains popularity. You can save your animal profiles for your best animals to perform shows and promote your other zoos!
Choose Your Own Career Path
Test your abilities as an financial whiz, or get your feet wet in the wonderful world of wildlife conservation. Zoo Empire features a branched path career mode that allows you to place the emphasis on the business or zoological end of running your very own zoo. Either way, no matter how you play, no two career paths, or challenges, are the same!
Tour the Zoo in Style
Choose from three train and boat designs as you set up touring facilities by laying out tracks or digging rivers for spectacular guided tours around your best exhibits. Then see your visitors line up for the thrill ride of a lifetime!
Capture the Moment from Any Angle
While your visitors are wowed and entertained by your cuddly creatures, build your own wildlife photo album by taking snapshots of your animals performing dozens of unique lifelike animations, all in full 3D.
Who Said that Learning is No Fun?
Not only is Zoo Empire fun, it is also the most realistic and educational zoo simulation! A comprehensive tutorial lets you learn to play the game intuitively and effortlessly. Then find out about animals, their habitats and behavior while building their very own sanctuary. You may be surprised from what you learn...

What are your thoughts on this game ,do you think it's a take off? Ill post some pictuere and you'll see what I mean.
?
heres that picture, anyone else recocnise the elephant toy from zt1 in the screenshot?

This looks strangely like the dinosaur gift shop..

Posted by: Zooguy Aug. 2 2004, 02:55 PM
Yes i know. it's excactly the same. i wanted to post a pic like that earlier but i couldn't.  

Posted by: Jeox Aug. 2 2004, 02:56 PM
It is< EXACTLY the same as the zoo tycoon one. it even has the same red base.  

Posted by: Jeox Aug. 2 2004, 03:04 PM
QUOTE (Jeox @ Aug 2 2004, 02:49 PM)
:simply indulge yourself in the sandbox mode, where you make your own rules and play as you wish.

Zt2 is also supposed to have a sandbox mode

Remember this entrance?

build your own wildlife photo album by taking snapshots of your animals performing dozens of unique lifelike animations, all in full 3D

Same thing in Zt2.  

Posted by: Bongo Aug. 2 2004, 03:22 PM
That game is also featured at Computer games. Take at look at it there.  

Posted by: zoomac92 Aug. 3 2004, 02:25 AM
OK I give this game two thumbs up even if the people look sort of cartoony this game is way more realistic than ZT I give 4 stars out of 5. The # of animals is yet unknown to any one who hasn't completed the creer path. (This probably meens every one, but the beta testers) This is do to the fact that extremely rare animals are earned by winning certain awards in specific scenarios. The animals are extremely realistic in looks and behavior they interact with each other and their environment eg. taking care of their young, nuzzling, climbing trees, ect. ect.
This games staff members are prbably the only set back they learn from experience so older staff members are more efficient, but newly hired staff members can sometimes be a pain often taking time to realize an animal needs to be fed. Realistic, but annoying.
Building rides is quite easy and with enough cash can be as long as you want. All you have to do is lay out the path. Unfortunately because it seems no one has been able to find a money cheat the days of easily made money are over and only the best zoos can afford huge Sky Trains and River Boat rides.
Research is an important aspect of the game that includes some of the best money makes and cutest animals including the Animal Theatre all animal houses, special extra strong nearly impossible to break fences and all of your endangered animals. Fortunatly in freeform games it is possible to decide how much research is done from the start if all of it's done you will no need for expensive zoo managers except if you want your staff trained.
The guests are extremely realistic in their thoughts and often hard to please.Luckily to make it easier a complaints list with each and every guest complaint combined into one compact list can be found in the information center. Where you will also find alot of other information including mission objectives, animal rankings, zoo rating weights and percents, profit information and many other obscure details that don't fit anyplace else.
The exhibits are harder to make than they look, but not so much that Wisco couldn't find a perfect blend for the animals happiness and comfort. The elevation tool is especially difficult to beginers who refuse to do the tutorials. Also the animals smily faces will guide you in exhibit building, but if they don't tell you something rest assured the friendly Zoo Consultant will.
This brings us to the the more interesting career path scenarios that will help you gain fame or end up on the wall of shame. Along the way you will have chances to earn extremely rare animals given only to the most trusted award winning zookeepers. You have to gain both awards of the same type available and then at the end of each scenario when you when them make sure you select yes to saving them to your animal profiles. Once you have both you must extract them from your animal profile and succesfully breed them for every day use.
Let me know if there's something I missed that you'd like to know more about otherwise that about wraps up my review. (Just so you know I think ZT2 will probably be better, but I have to give this game a fair chance.)

Posted by: Bongo Aug. 4 2004, 04:59 PM
Yeah, a list of the animal species + pics would come in handy.  

Posted by: Megaraptor Aug. 4 2004, 05:38 PM
Yeah, could you get a pic of a Komodo Dragon please?  

Posted by: Crafty-FoX Aug. 4 2004, 07:21 PM
yeah, I also want to see some new pictures of unknown animals! I will buy ZT 2, but I can't wait! Because this game doesn't cost much, I will mayby buy this and wait untill ZT 2!  

Posted by: troublemaker232 Aug. 4 2004, 07:24 PM
I got Zoo empire and it cool I dont know if it compare to zoo tycoon though. The animals are more realtic.  

Posted by: Crafty-FoX Aug. 4 2004, 07:38 PM
Can you maby add some screenshots then? Komodo Dragon, Koala, Beaver, Tiger... give us please some  

Posted by: zoomac92 Aug. 4 2004, 09:33 PM
I could get some pics if I knew how, but I don't. I know some of the animals you have to unlock, but not all of them. There should be ten or eleven possibly even twelve. So I know there are Asian Black Bears, Chinese Alligators, Sumatran Tigers, Indian Rhinoserouses, Albino Gorrilas, and Prezwalskies wild Hores. I can get animal pics if some one would tell me how.  

Posted by: beagleboy21 Aug. 4 2004, 10:00 PM
this so unfair,  i wasted 12 bucks on wildlife park,i like it but this zoo empire looks great!  i found the offical site but that was just by luck, and there be relseing a demo.  

Posted by: Bongo Aug. 5 2004, 02:55 AM
QUOTE (zoomac92 @ Aug 4 2004, 09:33 PM)
There should be ten or eleven possibly even twelve. So I know there are Asian Black Bears, Chinese Alligators, Sumatran Tigers, Indian Rhinoserouses, Albino Gorrilas, and Prezwalskies wild Hores. I can get animal pics if some one would tell me how.  

Sounds interesting; especially the part with the Albino Gorilla-SnowFlake's alive again!  

Posted by: Crafty-FoX Aug. 5 2004, 06:14 AM
QUOTE (zoomac92 @ Aug 4 2004, 08:33 PM)
I could get some pics if I knew how, but I don't. I know some of the animals you have to unlock, but not all of them. There should be ten or eleven possibly even twelve. So I know there are Asian Black Bears, Chinese Alligators, Sumatran Tigers, Indian Rhinoserouses, Albino Gorrilas, and Prezwalskies wild Hores. I can get animal pics if some one would tell me how.  

It just easy, while you are in the game press the Print Screen button! Then go to paint and paste the printed screen! Then you need to resize your picture! Press Ctrl+W and type in the new size you want! To make it smaller fill in both 50% or something, it's needed to add a number lower then 100%, because higher wil make the size of the picture greater! When you have saved your picture you have to look if it is not more then 100 kb great, because you can't add files more then 100 kb on the forum! I hope it will succeed now  

Posted by: Crafty-FoX Aug. 5 2004, 05:59 PM
Since today I've got Zoo Empire also! It looks realy nice, but not like it's awesome! You can do some fun things, but what I dislike is placing machines in your exhibit to make fog or something to make the animals happy! I 've got a screenshot for you also, this is a Giant Ant Eater in the water! I will add some screenshots later! First I've to make exhibits for the animals

Edit: Can't add screenshots in this topic  

Posted by: Megaraptor Aug. 5 2004, 07:02 PM
There are Chinese Alligators! that is awesome. To bad you can't post pics.  

Posted by: Crafty-FoX Aug. 5 2004, 08:02 PM
Yeah, Chinese Alligators and Americas Alligators, Bacterian Camels, Black Bears, Reindeer, Asian & African Elephants, Komodo Dragon, Giant Ant Eater, lions, Siberian Tiger... and more  

Posted by: Xtreme Aug. 5 2004, 08:22 PM
It still looks like they're just trying to overrun ZT2.  

Posted by: zoomac92 Aug. 5 2004, 11:13 PM
This game is very different from ZT, when the demo comes out I suggest anyone who is wondering about ZE download it.  

Posted by: zoomac92 Aug. 5 2004, 11:20 PM
Here is alink to the Official ZE sight.http://www.enlight.com/ze/  

Posted by: Megaraptor Aug. 5 2004, 11:34 PM
I wouldn't knock it till you try it. Seems very cool, and nothing like ZT2, it has totally different secret animals.  

Posted by: Poochyena Aug. 6 2004, 01:13 AM
Hmmm. It seems that they put more work on making the animals more realistic than the people and landscapes. I bet when ZT2 comes out it will problably outrun ZE in its sellings (sellings? **** XD). I rather get ZT2 anyway. ^_^  

Posted by: michicol Aug. 6 2004, 08:56 AM
I wanna buy this game, any idea how much it is now?  

Posted by: Xtreme Aug. 7 2004, 10:08 AM
There's a photo mode in Zoo Empire?!  

They should get sued, defenatly.  

Posted by: James 24 Aug. 7 2004, 10:16 AM
, a games ideas arn't copyrighted the game engine, graphics etc is. You can't sue a game company because they added a feature that is the same as another game. It would be a bit like Wildlife park being sued because you can lay path or something.

Games take years to develop and it is more than likely that this game was into developement long before ZT2 was announced.  

Posted by: zootest Aug. 9 2004, 06:38 PM
Found a trainer (money cheat) @
http://www.cheathappens.com/show_mc.asp?titleID=9098  

Posted by: zoomac92 Aug. 10 2004, 08:59 PM
If you want more information about Zoo Empire Check out it's thred in the computer games section and read my review, there you might find out a bit more about the game. But I can honestly say this. It is a very good game and IS NOT A KNOCKOFF.  

Posted by: Jeox Aug. 11 2004, 02:58 PM
Im not saying it's bad, even IF it is a take off it still looks cool, but James is probibly right..  

Posted by: planetkitty Aug. 11 2004, 03:18 PM
I got the game (zoo empire) and i don't think it is a ripoff. My computer won't play it, so i can't give details, but judging from the manual, it has some stuff that zt2 doesn't (Or at least from what we know about zt2)  

Posted by: AdamfromCanada Aug. 11 2004, 03:26 PM
Of course it is a knock-off. Just like the makers of Wildlife Park, the makers of this game saw the phenomenal success of Zoo Tycoon 1, and thought, we can make a mint going that way. That's alright though...what is a sequel if not a knock-off of the original. And Zoo Tycoon itself was a bit of a knock-off, as Blue Fang looked at how well RollerCoaster Tycoon was doing and thought they could make something along the same genre.

It's not exactly new or surprising, it happens in all sorts of businesses, especially in the entertainment industry. There aren't a lot of brand new ideas out there, so you often see competing movies along the same theme. For example, Armageddon and Deep Impact...both hit theatres in the same summer.

It would be interesting to play Zoo Empire, but I think I'm saving my money for ZT2. I think the graphics look a bit crisper, and the amount of detail sounds fantastic. Also, Blue Fang is working on improving their last game, which I think gives them a bit of a competitive edge, as opposed to a computer company that hasn't made a game like this before. I hope that the one thing Zoo Empire does do is push ZT2 to get as many animals as possible above the 30 we've heard announced in the game and get bonus animals out quickly. Because, if I was new to the genre, and looked at ZT2 and Zoo Empire, I might have gone with the latter, just based on animal selection, which was critical in my decision to buy the first Zoo Tycoon.  

Posted by: Megaraptor Aug. 11 2004, 03:32 PM
Zoo Empire has more animals, but they have less animations. And no stores around me have it so i will just pre-order ZT2  

Posted by: bluekittySC Aug. 11 2004, 03:37 PM
I have Zoo Empire and I was playing it last night. It's alright. I'm going to give it some time before I decide one way or another on it. So far, I'm enjoying the senarios. I also have Circus Shrine and I've been enjoying that one. I know I'm going to like ZT2 better though. I've already got it pre-ordered and paid for and can't wait for it finally come out.  

Posted by: zoomama Aug. 11 2004, 03:46 PM
Moving to computer games  

Posted by: AdamfromCanada Aug. 11 2004, 03:58 PM
What an annoying website...I hate the java script pop-up because it won't size to my screen, meaning I can't see things like the bottom of the screenshots.

Despite several people asking, we've yet to see a complete list of the animals that are in this game. Could someone that has the game please provide a list with every animal they know for certain? Thanks!  

Posted by: Megaraptor Aug. 11 2004, 04:59 PM
Here is a pretty good lis tof the animals
- Ant Eater
- Asian and African Elephant
- Black and Brown Bear
- Puma
- Galapagos Tortoise
- Black Panther
- Koala
- Red Kangaroo
- Bacterian Camel
- Syberian Tiger
- Lion
- Nile Crocodile
- American Alligator
- Giant Panda
- Western Lowland Gorilla
- Mandrill
- Zebra
- Emperor Penguin
- Polarbear
- Ostrich
- Hippopotamus
- Amur Leopard
- Giraffe
- Jaguar
- Red Deer
- Reindeer
- White/Black Rhinoceros
- Komodo Dragon
- Snow Leopard  

Posted by: Eagle One Aug. 11 2004, 08:17 PM
yes it does cant waite untill the demo is available to download

Posted by: zoomac92 Aug. 11 2004, 09:49 PM
There are more animals that you earn doing certain things in specific scenarios. But I'm not giving them ALL away.  

Posted by: Mama Bear Aug. 12 2004, 01:57 PM
What worries me a little that the official site hasn't been updated in over a month.....and the game is already released.
Still they say the demo is yet to come!

Mama Bear  

Posted by: AdamfromCanada Aug. 12 2004, 03:06 PM
Not giving them all away? Pfffft. Many of us are never going to buy the game. I think you SHOULD "give them all away" so that we can make the best informed decision possible. If you want, you can mark your post SPOILER ALERT, so that people who don't want to know won't see...  

Posted by: Bongo Aug. 12 2004, 07:01 PM
QUOTE (AdamfromCanada @ Aug 12 2004, 03:06 PM)
Not giving them all away? Pfffft. Many of us are never going to buy the game. I think you SHOULD "give them all away" so that we can make the best informed decision possible. If you want, you can mark your post SPOILER ALERT, so that people who don't want to know won't see...  

I agree with Adam-it's like small children saying "I've got something that You don't have and I won't show it to You, nananana!"  

Just post those special animals if You unlock them, and share it with the world.    

Posted by: komodo007 Aug. 13 2004, 01:46 PM
Id like to see the complete list of animals

PLEASE  

Posted by: zoomac92 Aug. 14 2004, 12:53 AM
I'm not going to because I've already posted it farther back and ONLY people who have completed or unlocked all the scenarios know and since I'm not a very good player I haven't so I do'nt know the COMPLETE list. I do know some of it and like I said I have posted before so good luck searching the other posts I'm not retyping them keep searching.  

Posted by: komodo007 Aug. 14 2004, 03:57 AM
I have looked through all your posts but I can not find a list?  

Posted by: zoomac92 Aug. 18 2004, 06:38 PM
I know I posted it somewhere maybe there was a problem when I posted if that's the problem I'm really sorry, but I can tell you some of the secret animals, but I don't know them all

Indian Rhinoscerous

Prezwalskis' Wild Horse (did I spell that right)

Sumatran Tiger

Chinese Alligator

There might be a Grevys Zebra

Albino Gorrilla

Asiatic Black Bear

There are probably some more, but I can't be sure. Really sorry for the trouble.

Posted by: Doshi The Yoshi Aug. 18 2004, 06:42 PM
I hope they realease the Demo soon!  

Posted by: Crafty-FoX Aug. 18 2004, 06:49 PM
QUOTE (Megaraptor @ Aug 11 2004, 03:59 PM)
- Ant Eater
- Black and Brown Bear
- Puma
- Galapagos Tortoise
- Black Panther
- Koala
- Red Kangaroo
- Bacterian Camel
- Syberian Tiger
- Lion
- Nile Crocodile
- American Alligator
- Giant Panda
- Mandrill
- Zebra
- Emperor Penguin
- Polarbear
- Ostrich
- Hippopotamus
- Amur Leopard
- Giraffe
- Jaguar
- Red Deer
- Reindeer
- White/Black Rhinoceros
- Komodo Dragon
- Snow Leopard  

Hey, that is that list I had sended to you, isn't it? Didn't I had a © on it   ?!?!  

Posted by: Eagle One Aug. 18 2004, 06:50 PM
Wow thanks for the list and i agree i want the demo also  

Posted by: planetkitty Aug. 19 2004, 06:30 AM
I finally got a videocard good enough to play this game and i was playing it last night. The navigation is a bit tricky for those used to Zt, but it seems to be a really good game so far.  

Posted by: James 24 Aug. 20 2004, 09:45 AM
There is a demo avaliable for download at gamespot but i wouldn't reccomend it for dialup as it's over 300MB.  

Posted by: Crafty-FoX Aug. 20 2004, 09:48 AM
I have the complete game so i don't need the demo  ! But which animals are in the demo?  

Posted by: jediliz Aug. 20 2004, 12:59 PM
QUOTE (James 24 @ Aug 20 2004, 09:45 AM)
There is a demo avaliable for download at gamespot but i wouldn't reccomend it for dialup as it's over 300MB.

but did the download work after it was downloaded (if anyone tried it)? Cause I tried to download a demo of School Tycoon and well, it was corrupted or something.  

Posted by: James 24 Aug. 20 2004, 01:06 PM
I just finished downloading it, but haven't installed it yet. I've downloaded loads of demos and they almost always work fine  

Posted by: jediliz Aug. 20 2004, 11:09 PM
I decided to download it, but I had to sign up first for the gamespot free membership? and then download some secure download sofware thing....

The graphics do remind me of SimThemePark. I just hope its not dizzying like that game.  

Posted by: beagleboy21 Aug. 21 2004, 04:44 PM
its more complicated then ZT, becuase the animals dont tell you anything! and i spent my ZT 2 money on that!  and the carrer mode wont work.  

Posted by: James 24 Aug. 21 2004, 05:53 PM
I played it but uninstalled it quickly. I played the game for a few minutes and found it to be aweful IMO. The graphics arn't anything special and look rather ugly. The camera doesn't work very well and I didn't keep it installed long enough to find out much more  

Posted by: planetkitty Aug. 21 2004, 05:59 PM
The graphics are quite good on my machine. The controls definitely take some getting used (not at all like zt), but I am really liking the game so far, especially the water reflections. From what i can of zt2, I think those graphics will be better. I am planning to post screenshots and lots of info on it, but i have been very busy and haven't had too much time.  

Posted by: zoomac92 Aug. 21 2004, 10:06 PM
The animals will tell you alot, but in this one you have to DOUBLE CLICK on everything.  

Posted by: lthill Aug. 21 2004, 10:22 PM
 I have the demo. I liked the graphics. It plays different from ZT. I will buy it when the price goes down.  

Posted by: BigFish Aug. 22 2004, 11:45 AM
now i found the demo and i download it! I don't find the DI demo  But i try survive with this demo  

Posted by: komodo007 Aug. 22 2004, 11:50 AM
what animals are in the demo??  

Posted by: BigFish Aug. 22 2004, 01:43 PM
owww. . I don't know (  

Posted by: BigFish Aug. 22 2004, 01:47 PM
QUOTE (BigFish @ Aug 22 2004, 12:43 PM)
owww. . I don't know (  

I don't really know where that  come, i'm sorry about that  

Posted by: Electric Eel Aug. 23 2004, 02:48 AM
Call me crazy, but I got this and think it's great.  

Posted by: JirkaKapoun Aug. 24 2004, 03:28 AM
QUOTE (komodo007 @ Aug 22 2004, 05:50 PM)

There is Giraffe, African Elephant, Red Kangaroo, Mandrill, Gorilla, White Rhino, Peguin and the Polar Bear.

Posted by: JirkaKapoun Aug. 24 2004, 03:29 AM
I've just play the demo, and the game is not so bad, but it is hard to control.  

Posted by: JirkaKapoun Aug. 26 2004, 03:46 AM
QUOTE (JirkaKapoun @ Aug 24 2004, 09:28 AM)

There is Giraffe, African Elephant, Red Kangaroo, Mandrill, Gorilla, White Rhino, Peguin and the Polar Bear.  

There is also a Burchell Zebra, Siberian Tiger and Jaguar, but those two has terrible graphic.
This game is extremely hard to control.  

Posted by: tigermjoe Oct. 23 2004, 07:16 PM
what are the system reqriuments

Posted by: ZooKeeperMark Oct. 23 2004, 11:08 PM
Where did you get the demo as the offical site doesn't have it yet.  

Posted by: godfatherpcc Nov. 23 2004, 05:46 PM
ever since ZT2 has come out i've gotten all hiped up about it but now i cant get ZT2 on my computer.
so earlier to day i was looking around the web for similar games and i stumbled upon Zoo Empire and it looked
very similar to ZT2, iwas wondering if sombody played if befor and can give me there opinion'or if sombody knows of other games like ZT2
please repliy  

Posted by: wildspot Nov. 23 2004, 06:38 PM
There's already a topic on this game in the Computer Games section.  

Posted by: flamethrower Nov. 23 2004, 06:50 PM
Merged with Zoo Empire thread in Computer games.

Computer Game threads (besides ZT and ZT2) go in Computer Game forum btw.  

Posted by: WhitePanda Nov. 23 2004, 09:08 PM
I think people need to leave the creators of Zoo Empire alone. To those who say "oh they saw the success of ZT and decided to make money off it" that's when I reply "What about SIM games? Or Sports games??" Ratchet and Clank changed the genre of platform games and now other people are doing the same thing, but Ratchet and Clanks creators aren't suing them for coming up with creative ideas that they started!! It'd be as if someone made a Blue Polar Bear for ZT, and then someone made a green Polar Bear. Would the creator whip them into next year because recoloured polar bears are "theirs" and noone elses?!?! I THINK NOT.  

Posted by: Rearing Gemsbok Dec. 18 2004, 03:56 AM
I downloaded a play full version for an hour game , and its quite fun. But ZT 2 looks better  

Posted by: Cold_as_ice_36 Dec. 18 2004, 04:53 AM
I personally believe this game is better than zoo tycoon 2 gameplay wise yes it can be hard to control but it makes it more challenging unlike zoo tycoon 2 which you can build everything in a few clicks were is the fun in that, i still find zoo tycoon 2 graphics for the animals very cartoony unlike zoo empire there more detailed when zoomed in on, the graphics are not great but i find it a better game as it allows you to great the exhibits and everything in it and much more.  

Posted by: Rearing Gemsbok Dec. 20 2004, 04:17 AM
I got some pics but I dont know how to load them.It just doesnt come up with an attachments bar

Posted by: puff_cake Dec. 31 2004, 10:11 PM
A complete list of all the animals. I refuse to even try this game properly cos all the animals which are either white, brown or black are coloured an awful vibrant blue cos of my computer.

- Giant anteater
- Asian Elephant
- African Elephant
- Black Bear
- Brown Bear
- Puma
- Galapagos Tortoise
- Black Panther
- Koala
- Red Kangaroo
- Bacterian Camel
- Siberian Tiger
- Lion
- Nile Crocodile
- American Alligator
- Giant Panda
- Mandrill
- Zebra
- Emperor Penguin
- Polar Bear
- Ostrich
- Hippopotamus
- Amur Leopard
- Giraffe
- Jaguar
- Red Deer
- Reindeer
- White Rhinoceros
- Black Rhinoceros
- Komodo Dragon
- Sika Deer
- Snow Leopard
- Przewalski's Wild Horse
- Albino Gorilla
- Chinese Alligator
- Indian Rhinoceros
- Grevy's Zebra
- Sumatran Tiger
- Asian Black Bear
- Burchell's Zebra

Posted by: That-Parbhu-Guy Jan. 7 2005, 01:00 AM
For now ill just stick with ZT2  

Posted by: goddessblue Jan. 9 2005, 06:29 AM
I was really enjoying this game. It has a lot more animals, you can save the exhibits you make, the scenarios are a lot better than zt2. However I struck a problem. I downloaded the offical patches from the website, to fix up the animals dying from hunger even when a zookeeper is in the exhibit, and now, I cannot play scenario mode  I can play the sandbox mode, but the scenario/career mode doesn't work. Does anyone know how to uninstall a patch? It's an exe file, ran it and it seemed ok, until I started playing the game. I'm going insane. Have contacted enlight but no reply after 4 days.  

Posted by: Russ1 Jan. 9 2005, 06:41 AM
That sounds bad goddessblue. Does anybody know if there is an english demo for the game? I cannot find one and would like to have a look at it.

Offline Typhoon

• Marine Biologist
    • http://s9.invisionfree.com/Zoo_Plaza/index.php?act=idx
Zoo Empire
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 05:31:06 PM »
My friend has it and says its no where as good as ZT. The only upside is that it has lots of animals.

Offline Russ1

• Pooper Scooper
Zoo Empire
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 09:43:12 AM »
Thats what I feel. I don't have the game myself, but every time I see the animal list, I want to get it. But then I remember the quality.

Offline bluekittySC

• Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
    • http://
Zoo Empire
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 10:43:50 AM »
I recall seeing an expansion pack to this game recently. I believe if you go to the zoo empire website or go to gamespot website you should be able to find it.

samemo

Zoo Empire
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 03:48:39 AM »
does any one know were i could download the demo from?

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Zoo Empire
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 03:56:52 AM »
samemo if you read the topic you will find the link to the demo in it. i found it quite easily

samemo

Zoo Empire
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 04:04:50 AM »
ok, its just that here its late 11:00, and im to tired to read every thing :rolleyes:  i have found it now any way.

Cold_as_ice_36

Zoo Empire
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 05:12:09 AM »
I find this a great game, everyone says the graphics are bad but there wrong the detail of the animals is 10x that of the cartooney ones for zoo tycoon 2 one of the biggest let downs yet, I admit zoo empire isn’t perfect as the keeps and people have the cartooney look but the animals detail is brilliant but it is hard to control and needs to be played on full detail

samemo

Zoo Empire
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2005, 01:33:07 PM »
hmmm, i have found the folder with the animals in it: anim, would it be posible to edit stuff from there and put it in zt2s entites? then we could have trains and komodo dragons and ant eaters in zt2! like say we copy the graphics from the ze bacterian camel then change every thing else to the zt2 dromadery cammels file, put it in entities and eureka a new animal! would that work?

Offline Texgnome1

• Old Gnome!
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Zoo Empire
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2005, 11:22:36 PM »
Posted by: dude_88 Jun. 2 2004, 06:47 PM
Has anyone heard of this game? I think that it is a rip off of ZT. If you say ZT2 is cartoony than look at the screenshots.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ogames&n=490190  

Posted by: flamethrower Jun. 2 2004, 08:12 PM
Looks like ZT has a rival. At first, it looked okay, but then the zoomed in shots . . . ugh. The people are weird and some of the animals seem paper. The gameplay seems okay though.  

Posted by: Snow Leapord Jun. 2 2004, 09:25 PM
Hah! The people look fat.  But anyways, I think the game could be worth atleast a download of the demo.. do they have one?  

Posted by: jediliz Jun. 4 2004, 12:55 AM
doesn't look worth $25 (amazon's "sale" price) and it reminds me a little of the SimThemePark. If anything, it rips off that game. I got bored of that game after awhile.

If I buy this, it'll be when its on the bargain rack.  

Posted by: african raptor Jun. 4 2004, 04:05 AM
it looks amazing i will get it  

Posted by: Bongo Jun. 5 2004, 05:28 AM
Yeah, some parts of it look too cartoony. But hey, it's got komodo dragons and koalas. The water animation'
s looking fine. Hmmm...  

Naw, yet too expensive.  

http://www.videogameslife.com/pages/game/1298.htm  

Posted by: komodo007 Jun. 5 2004, 05:48 AM
Even wildlife park looks better  

Posted by: african raptor Jun. 5 2004, 06:39 AM
no i dissagree wildlife park i think was not better than this plus this game has more bonus things than wildlife park and zoo tycoon for instance you can put lions and elephants together without the killing each other and one of the best things about it is they have trains and boats which is what i allways wanted for zoo tycoon  

Posted by: Russ1 Jun. 5 2004, 07:21 AM
How many animals are there in this game and which ones do we know of?  

Posted by: african raptor Jun. 5 2004, 07:24 AM

so over 40 animals  

Posted by: komodo007 Jun. 5 2004, 08:40 AM
well I supose the number of animals sounds good. I wonder if there is a website stating all the animals?  

Posted by: african raptor Jun. 5 2004, 08:47 AM
try and find the official website  

Posted by: komodo007 Jun. 5 2004, 08:48 AM
I will but I doubt that it will have the complete list of animals on their  

Posted by: african raptor Jun. 5 2004, 08:55 AM
go here click on the second and third picture tell me what you see
http://www.thediscworld.co.uk/zooempire.htm#  

Posted by: komodo007 Jun. 5 2004, 09:09 AM
on the 2nd pic, I see 2 blackish looking wolfs and on the 3rd, well There are 2 small monkey thibngs but they are so well blended in with the florr, I can hardly seee them  

Posted by: african raptor Jun. 5 2004, 09:13 AM
no not the animals look in the exhibit there is something there we have allseen before  

Posted by: Russ1 Jun. 5 2004, 09:21 AM

Posted by: R-s-n Jun. 5 2004, 02:35 PM
Oh...it ,i received a PM,of an man of Elights osftware,telling me to test it beta game(i think is it),but it not PM or e-mail me back!  

Posted by: Pangeia King Jun. 5 2004, 02:42 PM
QUOTE (Russ1 @ Jun 5 2004, 07:21 AM)

Totaly agree!
I think this game a piece of junk! The gusts seems like plastics toys, the buildings are stupid and only the Elephant seems god (Is hard to find games with good elephants)
Now all will want to get that game because he seems like ZT....But is totally different!
ZT is better! ZT 4 EVER!  

Posted by: Megaraptor Jun. 6 2004, 04:25 PM
African Raptor, is it that there are different times off the day?  

Posted by: dude_88 Jun. 6 2004, 04:43 PM
its the toy they stole from zt  

Posted by: Megaraptor Jun. 6 2004, 04:46 PM
Wah its the same exact size and color man that is cheap!I still wanna buy it because it has Komodo Dragons and 40 animals looks kinda fun. Maybe it can hold me over until i get ZT2.Hmmmm  

Posted by: african raptor Jun. 7 2004, 11:47 AM
yay you got it they stole it  
megaraptor zt has komodo dragons  

Posted by: komodo007 Jun. 7 2004, 12:55 PM
I am not going to get it, It is 3D but seems very basic and kidy-like  

Posted by: Megaraptor Jun. 12 2004, 01:37 PM
I know zt has komodos but they did a bad job on em. Wrong environment and they can't swim.  

Posted by: snowleopard55 Jul. 7 2004, 11:12 PM
Has anyone seen or played this new game Zoo Empire which I found while searching Amazon.com for Zoo Tycoon 2?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ce&s=videogames

What do you think? Would it be a good one? Shall I get it to ease my need for something new since ZT is flat and ZT2 is forever from now?

Posted by: compy9 Jul. 7 2004, 11:15 PM
Hmm... i dont think ill like it  

Posted by: zoomac92 Jul. 10 2004, 07:17 PM
I think it looks pretty good when's it coming out I think I'll get it. It looks like it could be a competetor in the best simulation contest so I guess I'll get it.  

Posted by: Eagle One Jul. 10 2004, 07:56 PM
no i havnt looks interesting though if you buy it write a review on it please  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jul. 10 2004, 09:46 PM
I have the game Restaurant Empire made by the same people- and that is a very good game. So could be interesting to see how this game turns out.  

Posted by: Xtreme Jul. 10 2004, 09:50 PM
It looks like a rip-off of Zoo Tycoon.  

Posted by: Dolphindiver Jul. 10 2004, 10:09 PM
The people look a little unrealistic, and the animals look a little strange, I don't know
what else to say. I'll see how it turns out, but I think I'll still get ZT2.  

Posted by: gibberish Jul. 10 2004, 10:53 PM
 it looks WAY too cartoony  

Posted by: BigFish Jul. 12 2004, 08:34 AM
I like only the animal, maybe.........  

Posted by: wisco Jul. 13 2004, 06:48 AM
to be honest, I like the graphics in this game more then the graphics in ZT2!

Posted by: jbl Jul. 13 2004, 10:57 AM
I like *some* graphics better, but most of them are way more bad
I don't like the cartoon-style  

Posted by: gibberish Jul. 14 2004, 12:21 AM
it looks alot like a rip off of zoo tycoon, like Xtreme said...  

Posted by: Pangeia King Jul. 14 2004, 01:18 AM
is a Disgusting game!  

Posted by: frinkyman Jul. 14 2004, 01:38 PM
The official site has launched take a look.

http://www.enlight.com/ze/

Looks nice, but not as nice as ZT2

Posted by: Stoy13 Jul. 14 2004, 01:54 PM
At first glance it seemed pretty good. I liked the idea of deer and koalas. But the buildings look rediculous and the graphics aren't too good.  

Posted by: zoomac92 Jul. 14 2004, 03:27 PM
I wouldn't know, but I'd say you guys are all putting it down because you think ZT is better, I think we should give it a chance the demo will be out soon and I'm gona download so that this game gets a fighting chance, I like the graphics anyway. Have any seen the cheetahs they look really good.  

Posted by: Zooguy Jul. 14 2004, 03:37 PM
I've seen a screenshot of ZooEmpire and the elephant toy is exactly(sp) the same as in ZT1  

Posted by: Megaraptor Jul. 14 2004, 03:54 PM
If anyone gets the game, if you can could you post a pic of the Croc and Komodo Monitor, please?  

Posted by: willoughby Jul. 15 2004, 10:25 AM

Posted by: Xtreme Jul. 15 2004, 10:33 AM
It's DEFENATLY a rip-off of Zoo Tycoon.  I think they just saw how successfull ZT was and made this one to see if they made more money. But it looks absolutely awful, even Sim Theme Park looks better!  

Posted by: ckgiggles Jul. 15 2004, 10:49 AM
put the animals in ZT2 and throw the rest out and ZT2 would be even better. love the detailed animals but the rest (yuck!)  

Posted by: dinwrest Jul. 15 2004, 10:50 AM
It's looks at exactly the same as ZT , same ammount of animals same exhibet concept . Then it's 3d like ZT2 . The buildings are cheap  

Posted by: Megaraptor Jul. 15 2004, 12:06 PM

You bought it! What do the komodos and, if their are any, crocs look like.  

Posted by: Megaraptor Jul. 15 2004, 01:10 PM
I changed my mind, no matter how cool the Komodos are i won't get this game. When i want to build a zoo, i wanna make one that has realistic looking odjects and environments.  

Posted by: willoughby Jul. 17 2004, 12:32 PM
The Komodo Dragons look way more realistic than in zoo tycoon, there habitat is rainforest and savannah. They don't like a lot of water but they do swim. PS. You can make natural boundries insted of fences.  

Posted by: Lehner Jul. 17 2004, 07:39 PM
If you would want to make an animal game, wouldn't it (though you never played ZT) look kinda like a ripoff?
Don't just call it a bad rip if you haven't played it, (animal) tycoon games look all very similar.  

Posted by: toucan brasil Jul. 18 2004, 10:35 AM
QUOTE (willoughby @ Jul 15 2004, 10:25 AM)

Cool, what animals the game have  

Posted by: Dolphindiver Jul. 19 2004, 12:19 AM
QUOTE (willoughby @ Jul 17 2004, 11:32 AM)
You can make natural boundries insted of fences.  

There will be natural boundaries in ZT2

That jus prooves their trying to over run ZT2  

Posted by: toucan brasil Jul. 19 2004, 08:39 AM
QUOTE (Megaraptor @ Jul 15 2004, 12:06 PM)

what the animal list?
What animals are in game?
the game have any endangered species reproduce program?
is a good game?

please i need some answers  

Posted by: Xtreme Jul. 19 2004, 05:18 PM
I saw the Elephant toy, and it's the EXACT same thing as Zoo Tycoon's Elephant toy. Same color, same details, same everything!  

To the people that made this game, be original!  

Posted by: Stoy13 Jul. 19 2004, 05:32 PM
the buildings in the game are out of oroportion and look rediculous.  

Posted by: jediliz Jul. 20 2004, 12:08 AM
I don't want to waste my money on this until its a bargain shelf price of $9.99 or even $5.99 . . . . . . . is there a demo ? That's how I got addicted to Zoo Tycoon - i downloaded the DEMO and then was so impressed got it like a week later (the full game). I doubt I'd do that with Zoo Empire. I also had been contacted by the people to beta test it, but I didn't send anything in.  

Posted by: michicol Jul. 21 2004, 10:19 AM
Im still debating on getting it, is it good? what features does it have, like weather and waterfalls?  

Posted by: Dolphindiver Jul. 21 2004, 02:04 PM
I just went and saw some of the newer screens, and in my opinion, I think they look worse than the original ones!  The pandas look badly shapen, the tables (which were from the original screens) look pathetic, little wooden tables and chairs. But I would like to know too, what are the features of the game? MAYBE I would get the demo if there was one...  

Posted by: Doshi The Yoshi Jul. 25 2004, 01:29 PM
I hope they realease a demo soon so I can try it... But what would be even better is if bluefang realeased a demo of ZT2 now!  

Posted by: Jeox Aug. 2 2004, 02:49 PM
 Is this a takeoff of zoo tycoon 2 ? Even if it is this game does kinda sound cool  

It's called zoo empire.

Sporting flexible gameplay, choose from either the sandbox mode where you establish the rules of the game, or accept the challenge of graduating from rookie zookeeper to wildlife whiz in the challenging career mode!

Keep your animals, employees and visitors happy, keep the money rolling in, and path by path, animal by animal, exhibit by exhibit, build your very own Zoo Empire!

Feature List

From All Corners of the World...
Design, Build & Manage the Ultimate Zoo
Create a wildlife sanctuary without parallel with Zoo Empire. As owner of your zoo, adopt animals, landscape and build exhibits, hire and manage employees, and keep visitors happy as the money pours into your virtual zoo! Unlock animals, research new technologies and learn all about the challenges of modern-day animal care as you progress up the ladder of Zoodom.
Fun for All Types of Gamers
Zoo Empire features a 20-scenario branched campaign mode for those wishing to undertake their greatest challenge of their zoo career, or simply indulge yourself in the sandbox mode, where you make your own rules and play as you wish.
Become the Next Star Attraction
Train your animals to perform in spectacular shows that will please and entertain your visitors. Invest in advertising so your animals gains popularity. You can save your animal profiles for your best animals to perform shows and promote your other zoos!
Choose Your Own Career Path
Test your abilities as an financial whiz, or get your feet wet in the wonderful world of wildlife conservation. Zoo Empire features a branched path career mode that allows you to place the emphasis on the business or zoological end of running your very own zoo. Either way, no matter how you play, no two career paths, or challenges, are the same!
Tour the Zoo in Style
Choose from three train and boat designs as you set up touring facilities by laying out tracks or digging rivers for spectacular guided tours around your best exhibits. Then see your visitors line up for the thrill ride of a lifetime!
Capture the Moment from Any Angle
While your visitors are wowed and entertained by your cuddly creatures, build your own wildlife photo album by taking snapshots of your animals performing dozens of unique lifelike animations, all in full 3D.
Who Said that Learning is No Fun?
Not only is Zoo Empire fun, it is also the most realistic and educational zoo simulation! A comprehensive tutorial lets you learn to play the game intuitively and effortlessly. Then find out about animals, their habitats and behavior while building their very own sanctuary. You may be surprised from what you learn...

What are your thoughts on this game ,do you think it's a take off? Ill post some pictuere and you'll see what I mean.
?
heres that picture, anyone else recocnise the elephant toy from zt1 in the screenshot?

This looks strangely like the dinosaur gift shop..

Posted by: Zooguy Aug. 2 2004, 02:55 PM
Yes i know. it's excactly the same. i wanted to post a pic like that earlier but i couldn't.  

Posted by: Jeox Aug. 2 2004, 02:56 PM
It is< EXACTLY the same as the zoo tycoon one. it even has the same red base.  

Posted by: Jeox Aug. 2 2004, 03:04 PM
QUOTE (Jeox @ Aug 2 2004, 02:49 PM)
:simply indulge yourself in the sandbox mode, where you make your own rules and play as you wish.

Zt2 is also supposed to have a sandbox mode

Remember this entrance?

build your own wildlife photo album by taking snapshots of your animals performing dozens of unique lifelike animations, all in full 3D

Same thing in Zt2.  

Posted by: Bongo Aug. 2 2004, 03:22 PM
That game is also featured at Computer games. Take at look at it there.  

Posted by: zoomac92 Aug. 3 2004, 02:25 AM
OK I give this game two thumbs up even if the people look sort of cartoony this game is way more realistic than ZT I give 4 stars out of 5. The # of animals is yet unknown to any one who hasn't completed the creer path. (This probably meens every one, but the beta testers) This is do to the fact that extremely rare animals are earned by winning certain awards in specific scenarios. The animals are extremely realistic in looks and behavior they interact with each other and their environment eg. taking care of their young, nuzzling, climbing trees, ect. ect.
This games staff members are prbably the only set back they learn from experience so older staff members are more efficient, but newly hired staff members can sometimes be a pain often taking time to realize an animal needs to be fed. Realistic, but annoying.
Building rides is quite easy and with enough cash can be as long as you want. All you have to do is lay out the path. Unfortunately because it seems no one has been able to find a money cheat the days of easily made money are over and only the best zoos can afford huge Sky Trains and River Boat rides.
Research is an important aspect of the game that includes some of the best money makes and cutest animals including the Animal Theatre all animal houses, special extra strong nearly impossible to break fences and all of your endangered animals. Fortunatly in freeform games it is possible to decide how much research is done from the start if all of it's done you will no need for expensive zoo managers except if you want your staff trained.
The guests are extremely realistic in their thoughts and often hard to please.Luckily to make it easier a complaints list with each and every guest complaint combined into one compact list can be found in the information center. Where you will also find alot of other information including mission objectives, animal rankings, zoo rating weights and percents, profit information and many other obscure details that don't fit anyplace else.
The exhibits are harder to make than they look, but not so much that Wisco couldn't find a perfect blend for the animals happiness and comfort. The elevation tool is especially difficult to beginers who refuse to do the tutorials. Also the animals smily faces will guide you in exhibit building, but if they don't tell you something rest assured the friendly Zoo Consultant will.
This brings us to the the more interesting career path scenarios that will help you gain fame or end up on the wall of shame. Along the way you will have chances to earn extremely rare animals given only to the most trusted award winning zookeepers. You have to gain both awards of the same type available and then at the end of each scenario when you when them make sure you select yes to saving them to your animal profiles. Once you have both you must extract them from your animal profile and succesfully breed them for every day use.
Let me know if there's something I missed that you'd like to know more about otherwise that about wraps up my review. (Just so you know I think ZT2 will probably be better, but I have to give this game a fair chance.)

Posted by: Bongo Aug. 4 2004, 04:59 PM
Yeah, a list of the animal species + pics would come in handy.  

Posted by: Megaraptor Aug. 4 2004, 05:38 PM
Yeah, could you get a pic of a Komodo Dragon please?  

Posted by: Crafty-FoX Aug. 4 2004, 07:21 PM
yeah, I also want to see some new pictures of unknown animals! I will buy ZT 2, but I can't wait! Because this game doesn't cost much, I will mayby buy this and wait untill ZT 2!  

Posted by: troublemaker232 Aug. 4 2004, 07:24 PM
I got Zoo empire and it cool I dont know if it compare to zoo tycoon though. The animals are more realtic.  

Posted by: Crafty-FoX Aug. 4 2004, 07:38 PM
Can you maby add some screenshots then? Komodo Dragon, Koala, Beaver, Tiger... give us please some  

Posted by: zoomac92 Aug. 4 2004, 09:33 PM

Posted by: beagleboy21 Aug. 4 2004, 10:00 PM
this so unfair,  i wasted 12 bucks on wildlife park,i like it but this zoo empire looks great!  i found the offical site but that was just by luck, and there be relseing a demo.  

Posted by: Bongo Aug. 5 2004, 02:55 AM
QUOTE (zoomac92 @ Aug 4 2004, 09:33 PM)
There should be ten or eleven possibly even twelve. So I know there are Asian Black Bears, Chinese Alligators, Sumatran Tigers, Indian Rhinoserouses, Albino Gorrilas, and Prezwalskies wild Hores. I can get animal pics if some one would tell me how.  

Sounds interesting; especially the part with the Albino Gorilla-SnowFlake's alive again!  

Posted by: Crafty-FoX Aug. 5 2004, 06:14 AM
QUOTE (zoomac92 @ Aug 4 2004, 08:33 PM)

It just easy, while you are in the game press the Print Screen button! Then go to paint and paste the printed screen! Then you need to resize your picture! Press Ctrl+W and type in the new size you want! To make it smaller fill in both 50% or something, it's needed to add a number lower then 100%, because higher wil make the size of the picture greater! When you have saved your picture you have to look if it is not more then 100 kb great, because you can't add files more then 100 kb on the forum! I hope it will succeed now  

Posted by: Crafty-FoX Aug. 5 2004, 05:59 PM
Since today I've got Zoo Empire also! It looks realy nice, but not like it's awesome! You can do some fun things, but what I dislike is placing machines in your exhibit to make fog or something to make the animals happy! I 've got a screenshot for you also, this is a Giant Ant Eater in the water! I will add some screenshots later! First I've to make exhibits for the animals

Edit: Can't add screenshots in this topic  

Posted by: Megaraptor Aug. 5 2004, 07:02 PM
There are Chinese Alligators! that is awesome. To bad you can't post pics.  

Posted by: Crafty-FoX Aug. 5 2004, 08:02 PM
Yeah, Chinese Alligators and Americas Alligators, Bacterian Camels, Black Bears, Reindeer, Asian & African Elephants, Komodo Dragon, Giant Ant Eater, lions, Siberian Tiger... and more  

Posted by: Xtreme Aug. 5 2004, 08:22 PM
It still looks like they're just trying to overrun ZT2.  

Posted by: zoomac92 Aug. 5 2004, 11:13 PM
This game is very different from ZT, when the demo comes out I suggest anyone who is wondering about ZE download it.  

Posted by: zoomac92 Aug. 5 2004, 11:20 PM
Here is alink to the Official ZE sight.http://www.enlight.com/ze/  

Posted by: Megaraptor Aug. 5 2004, 11:34 PM
I wouldn't knock it till you try it. Seems very cool, and nothing like ZT2, it has totally different secret animals.  

Posted by: Poochyena Aug. 6 2004, 01:13 AM
Hmmm. It seems that they put more work on making the animals more realistic than the people and landscapes. I bet when ZT2 comes out it will problably outrun ZE in its sellings (sellings? **** XD). I rather get ZT2 anyway. ^_^  

Posted by: michicol Aug. 6 2004, 08:56 AM
I wanna buy this game, any idea how much it is now?  

Posted by: Xtreme Aug. 7 2004, 10:08 AM
There's a photo mode in Zoo Empire?!  

They should get sued, defenatly.  

Posted by: James 24 Aug. 7 2004, 10:16 AM
, a games ideas arn't copyrighted the game engine, graphics etc is. You can't sue a game company because they added a feature that is the same as another game. It would be a bit like Wildlife park being sued because you can lay path or something.

Games take years to develop and it is more than likely that this game was into developement long before ZT2 was announced.  

Posted by: zootest Aug. 9 2004, 06:38 PM
Found a trainer (money cheat) @
http://www.cheathappens.com/show_mc.asp?titleID=9098  

Posted by: zoomac92 Aug. 10 2004, 08:59 PM
If you want more information about Zoo Empire Check out it's thred in the computer games section and read my review, there you might find out a bit more about the game. But I can honestly say this. It is a very good game and IS NOT A KNOCKOFF.  

Posted by: Jeox Aug. 11 2004, 02:58 PM
Im not saying it's bad, even IF it is a take off it still looks cool, but James is probibly right..  

Posted by: planetkitty Aug. 11 2004, 03:18 PM
I got the game (zoo empire) and i don't think it is a ripoff. My computer won't play it, so i can't give details, but judging from the manual, it has some stuff that zt2 doesn't (Or at least from what we know about zt2)  

Posted by: AdamfromCanada Aug. 11 2004, 03:26 PM
Of course it is a knock-off. Just like the makers of Wildlife Park, the makers of this game saw the phenomenal success of Zoo Tycoon 1, and thought, we can make a mint going that way. That's alright though...what is a sequel if not a knock-off of the original. And Zoo Tycoon itself was a bit of a knock-off, as Blue Fang looked at how well RollerCoaster Tycoon was doing and thought they could make something along the same genre.

It's not exactly new or surprising, it happens in all sorts of businesses, especially in the entertainment industry. There aren't a lot of brand new ideas out there, so you often see competing movies along the same theme. For example, Armageddon and Deep Impact...both hit theatres in the same summer.

It would be interesting to play Zoo Empire, but I think I'm saving my money for ZT2. I think the graphics look a bit crisper, and the amount of detail sounds fantastic. Also, Blue Fang is working on improving their last game, which I think gives them a bit of a competitive edge, as opposed to a computer company that hasn't made a game like this before. I hope that the one thing Zoo Empire does do is push ZT2 to get as many animals as possible above the 30 we've heard announced in the game and get bonus animals out quickly. Because, if I was new to the genre, and looked at ZT2 and Zoo Empire, I might have gone with the latter, just based on animal selection, which was critical in my decision to buy the first Zoo Tycoon.  

Posted by: Megaraptor Aug. 11 2004, 03:32 PM
Zoo Empire has more animals, but they have less animations. And no stores around me have it so i will just pre-order ZT2  

Posted by: bluekittySC Aug. 11 2004, 03:37 PM
I have Zoo Empire and I was playing it last night. It's alright. I'm going to give it some time before I decide one way or another on it. So far, I'm enjoying the senarios. I also have Circus Shrine and I've been enjoying that one. I know I'm going to like ZT2 better though. I've already got it pre-ordered and paid for and can't wait for it finally come out.  

Posted by: zoomama Aug. 11 2004, 03:46 PM
Moving to computer games  

Posted by: AdamfromCanada Aug. 11 2004, 03:58 PM
What an annoying website...I hate the java script pop-up because it won't size to my screen, meaning I can't see things like the bottom of the screenshots.

Despite several people asking, we've yet to see a complete list of the animals that are in this game. Could someone that has the game please provide a list with every animal they know for certain? Thanks!  

Posted by: Megaraptor Aug. 11 2004, 04:59 PM
- Ant Eater
- Black and Brown Bear
- Puma
- Galapagos Tortoise
- Black Panther
- Koala
- Red Kangaroo
- Bacterian Camel
- Syberian Tiger
- Lion
- Nile Crocodile
- American Alligator
- Giant Panda
- Mandrill
- Zebra
- Emperor Penguin
- Polarbear
- Ostrich
- Hippopotamus
- Amur Leopard
- Giraffe
- Jaguar
- Red Deer
- Reindeer
- White/Black Rhinoceros
- Komodo Dragon
- Snow Leopard  

Posted by: Eagle One Aug. 11 2004, 08:17 PM
yes it does cant waite untill the demo is available to download

Posted by: zoomac92 Aug. 11 2004, 09:49 PM
There are more animals that you earn doing certain things in specific scenarios. But I'm not giving them ALL away.  

Posted by: Mama Bear Aug. 12 2004, 01:57 PM
What worries me a little that the official site hasn't been updated in over a month.....and the game is already released.
Still they say the demo is yet to come!

Mama Bear  

Posted by: AdamfromCanada Aug. 12 2004, 03:06 PM

Posted by: Bongo Aug. 12 2004, 07:01 PM
QUOTE (AdamfromCanada @ Aug 12 2004, 03:06 PM)

I agree with Adam-it's like small children saying "I've got something that You don't have and I won't show it to You, nananana!"  

Just post those special animals if You unlock them, and share it with the world.    

Posted by: komodo007 Aug. 13 2004, 01:46 PM
Id like to see the complete list of animals

PLEASE  

Posted by: zoomac92 Aug. 14 2004, 12:53 AM
I'm not going to because I've already posted it farther back and ONLY people who have completed or unlocked all the scenarios know and since I'm not a very good player I haven't so I do'nt know the COMPLETE list. I do know some of it and like I said I have posted before so good luck searching the other posts I'm not retyping them keep searching.  

Posted by: komodo007 Aug. 14 2004, 03:57 AM
I have looked through all your posts but I can not find a list?  

Posted by: zoomac92 Aug. 18 2004, 06:38 PM
I know I posted it somewhere maybe there was a problem when I posted if that's the problem I'm really sorry, but I can tell you some of the secret animals, but I don't know them all

Indian Rhinoscerous

Prezwalskis' Wild Horse (did I spell that right)

Sumatran Tiger

Chinese Alligator

There might be a Grevys Zebra

Albino Gorrilla

Asiatic Black Bear

There are probably some more, but I can't be sure. Really sorry for the trouble.

Posted by: Doshi The Yoshi Aug. 18 2004, 06:42 PM
I hope they realease the Demo soon!  

Posted by: Crafty-FoX Aug. 18 2004, 06:49 PM
QUOTE (Megaraptor @ Aug 11 2004, 03:59 PM)
- Ant Eater
- Black and Brown Bear
- Puma
- Galapagos Tortoise
- Black Panther
- Koala
- Red Kangaroo
- Bacterian Camel
- Syberian Tiger
- Lion
- Nile Crocodile
- American Alligator
- Giant Panda
- Mandrill
- Zebra
- Emperor Penguin
- Polarbear
- Ostrich
- Hippopotamus
- Amur Leopard
- Giraffe
- Jaguar
- Red Deer
- Reindeer
- White/Black Rhinoceros
- Komodo Dragon
- Snow Leopard  

Hey, that is that list I had sended to you, isn't it? Didn't I had a © on it   ?!?!  

Posted by: Eagle One Aug. 18 2004, 06:50 PM
Wow thanks for the list and i agree i want the demo also  

Posted by: planetkitty Aug. 19 2004, 06:30 AM
I finally got a videocard good enough to play this game and i was playing it last night. The navigation is a bit tricky for those used to Zt, but it seems to be a really good game so far.  

Posted by: James 24 Aug. 20 2004, 09:45 AM

Posted by: Crafty-FoX Aug. 20 2004, 09:48 AM
I have the complete game so i don't need the demo  ! But which animals are in the demo?  

Posted by: jediliz Aug. 20 2004, 12:59 PM
QUOTE (James 24 @ Aug 20 2004, 09:45 AM)

but did the download work after it was downloaded (if anyone tried it)? Cause I tried to download a demo of School Tycoon and well, it was corrupted or something.  

Posted by: James 24 Aug. 20 2004, 01:06 PM
I just finished downloading it, but haven't installed it yet. I've downloaded loads of demos and they almost always work fine  

Posted by: jediliz Aug. 20 2004, 11:09 PM
I decided to download it, but I had to sign up first for the gamespot free membership? and then download some secure download sofware thing....

The graphics do remind me of SimThemePark. I just hope its not dizzying like that game.  

Posted by: beagleboy21 Aug. 21 2004, 04:44 PM
its more complicated then ZT, becuase the animals dont tell you anything! and i spent my ZT 2 money on that!  and the carrer mode wont work.  

Posted by: James 24 Aug. 21 2004, 05:53 PM
I played it but uninstalled it quickly. I played the game for a few minutes and found it to be aweful IMO. The graphics arn't anything special and look rather ugly. The camera doesn't work very well and I didn't keep it installed long enough to find out much more  

Posted by: planetkitty Aug. 21 2004, 05:59 PM
The graphics are quite good on my machine. The controls definitely take some getting used (not at all like zt), but I am really liking the game so far, especially the water reflections. From what i can of zt2, I think those graphics will be better. I am planning to post screenshots and lots of info on it, but i have been very busy and haven't had too much time.  

Posted by: zoomac92 Aug. 21 2004, 10:06 PM
The animals will tell you alot, but in this one you have to DOUBLE CLICK on everything.  

Posted by: lthill Aug. 21 2004, 10:22 PM
 I have the demo. I liked the graphics. It plays different from ZT. I will buy it when the price goes down.  

Posted by: BigFish Aug. 22 2004, 11:45 AM
now i found the demo and i download it! I don't find the DI demo  But i try survive with this demo  

Posted by: komodo007 Aug. 22 2004, 11:50 AM

Posted by: BigFish Aug. 22 2004, 01:43 PM
owww. . I don't know (  

Posted by: BigFish Aug. 22 2004, 01:47 PM
QUOTE (BigFish @ Aug 22 2004, 12:43 PM)
owww. . I don't know (  

I don't really know where that  come, i'm sorry about that  

Posted by: Electric Eel Aug. 23 2004, 02:48 AM
Call me crazy, but I got this and think it's great.  

Posted by: JirkaKapoun Aug. 24 2004, 03:28 AM

Posted by: JirkaKapoun Aug. 24 2004, 03:29 AM
I've just play the demo, and the game is not so bad, but it is hard to control.  

Posted by: JirkaKapoun Aug. 26 2004, 03:46 AM
QUOTE (JirkaKapoun @ Aug 24 2004, 09:28 AM)

There is also a Burchell Zebra, Siberian Tiger and Jaguar, but those two has terrible graphic.
This game is extremely hard to control.  

Posted by: tigermjoe Oct. 23 2004, 07:16 PM
what are the system reqriuments

Posted by: ZooKeeperMark Oct. 23 2004, 11:08 PM
Where did you get the demo as the offical site doesn't have it yet.  

Posted by: godfatherpcc Nov. 23 2004, 05:46 PM
ever since ZT2 has come out i've gotten all hiped up about it but now i cant get ZT2 on my computer.
so earlier to day i was looking around the web for similar games and i stumbled upon Zoo Empire and it looked
very similar to ZT2, iwas wondering if sombody played if befor and can give me there opinion'or if sombody knows of other games like ZT2
please repliy  

Posted by: wildspot Nov. 23 2004, 06:38 PM
There's already a topic on this game in the Computer Games section.  

Posted by: flamethrower Nov. 23 2004, 06:50 PM
Merged with Zoo Empire thread in Computer games.

Computer Game threads (besides ZT and ZT2) go in Computer Game forum btw.  

Posted by: WhitePanda Nov. 23 2004, 09:08 PM
I think people need to leave the creators of Zoo Empire alone. To those who say "oh they saw the success of ZT and decided to make money off it" that's when I reply "What about SIM games? Or Sports games??" Ratchet and Clank changed the genre of platform games and now other people are doing the same thing, but Ratchet and Clanks creators aren't suing them for coming up with creative ideas that they started!! It'd be as if someone made a Blue Polar Bear for ZT, and then someone made a green Polar Bear. Would the creator whip them into next year because recoloured polar bears are "theirs" and noone elses?!?! I THINK NOT.  

Posted by: Rearing Gemsbok Dec. 18 2004, 03:56 AM
I downloaded a play full version for an hour game , and its quite fun. But ZT 2 looks better  

Posted by: Cold_as_ice_36 Dec. 18 2004, 04:53 AM
I personally believe this game is better than zoo tycoon 2 gameplay wise yes it can be hard to control but it makes it more challenging unlike zoo tycoon 2 which you can build everything in a few clicks were is the fun in that, i still find zoo tycoon 2 graphics for the animals very cartoony unlike zoo empire there more detailed when zoomed in on, the graphics are not great but i find it a better game as it allows you to great the exhibits and everything in it and much more.  

Posted by: Rearing Gemsbok Dec. 20 2004, 04:17 AM
I got some pics but I dont know how to load them.It just doesnt come up with an attachments bar

Posted by: puff_cake Dec. 31 2004, 10:11 PM
A complete list of all the animals. I refuse to even try this game properly cos all the animals which are either white, brown or black are coloured an awful vibrant blue cos of my computer.

- Giant anteater
- Asian Elephant
- African Elephant
- Black Bear
- Brown Bear
- Puma
- Galapagos Tortoise
- Black Panther
- Koala
- Red Kangaroo
- Bacterian Camel
- Siberian Tiger
- Lion
- Nile Crocodile
- American Alligator
- Giant Panda
- Mandrill
- Zebra
- Emperor Penguin
- Polar Bear
- Ostrich
- Hippopotamus
- Amur Leopard
- Giraffe
- Jaguar
- Red Deer
- Reindeer
- White Rhinoceros
- Black Rhinoceros
- Komodo Dragon
- Sika Deer
- Snow Leopard
- Przewalski's Wild Horse
- Albino Gorilla
- Chinese Alligator
- Indian Rhinoceros
- Grevy's Zebra
- Sumatran Tiger
- Asian Black Bear
- Burchell's Zebra

Posted by: That-Parbhu-Guy Jan. 7 2005, 01:00 AM
For now ill just stick with ZT2  

Posted by: goddessblue Jan. 9 2005, 06:29 AM
I was really enjoying this game. It has a lot more animals, you can save the exhibits you make, the scenarios are a lot better than zt2. However I struck a problem. I downloaded the offical patches from the website, to fix up the animals dying from hunger even when a zookeeper is in the exhibit, and now, I cannot play scenario mode  I can play the sandbox mode, but the scenario/career mode doesn't work. Does anyone know how to uninstall a patch? It's an exe file, ran it and it seemed ok, until I started playing the game. I'm going insane. Have contacted enlight but no reply after 4 days.  

Posted by: Russ1 Jan. 9 2005, 06:41 AM
That sounds bad goddessblue. Does anybody know if there is an english demo for the game? I cannot find one and would like to have a look at it.

Offline Typhoon

• Marine Biologist
    • http://s9.invisionfree.com/Zoo_Plaza/index.php?act=idx
Zoo Empire
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2005, 05:31:06 PM »
My friend has it and says its no where as good as ZT. The only upside is that it has lots of animals.

Offline Russ1

• Pooper Scooper
Zoo Empire
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005, 09:43:12 AM »
Thats what I feel. I don't have the game myself, but every time I see the animal list, I want to get it. But then I remember the quality.

Offline bluekittySC

• Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
Zoo Empire
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2005, 10:43:50 AM »
I recall seeing an expansion pack to this game recently. I believe if you go to the zoo empire website or go to gamespot website you should be able to find it.

samemo

Zoo Empire
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2005, 03:48:39 AM »
does any one know were i could download the demo from?

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Zoo Empire
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2005, 03:56:52 AM »
samemo if you read the topic you will find the link to the demo in it. i found it quite easily

samemo

Zoo Empire
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2005, 04:04:50 AM »
ok, its just that here its late 11:00, and im to tired to read every thing :rolleyes:  i have found it now any way.

Cold_as_ice_36

Zoo Empire
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2005, 05:12:09 AM »
I find this a great game, everyone says the graphics are bad but there wrong the detail of the animals is 10x that of the cartooney ones for zoo tycoon 2 one of the biggest let downs yet, I admit zoo empire isn’t perfect as the keeps and people have the cartooney look but the animals detail is brilliant but it is hard to control and needs to be played on full detail

samemo

Zoo Empire
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2005, 01:33:07 PM »
hmmm, i have found the folder with the animals in it: anim, would it be posible to edit stuff from there and put it in zt2s entites? then we could have trains and komodo dragons and ant eaters in zt2! like say we copy the graphics from the ze bacterian camel then change every thing else to the zt2 dromadery cammels file, put it in entities and eureka a new animal! would that work?

Offline rightEyElash

• Affiliates
  • Pooper Scooper
    • http://www.geocities.com/zookapi
Zoo Empire
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2005, 12:11:16 AM »
I just came across it today and bought it. I just started playing but it looks really impressive.

It has great graphics, 40 animals, as a good a terrain editor as ZT2 (if not better). Much more realistic as well. You don't just hire Zookeepers and maintenance workers. You need curators, veteranarians, visotor service managers many others. When you hire Zookeepers, you can hire them at different salaries and it shows how much they will work for (this is for all employees). So you can either higher someone who has a salary of $680 and has better skills than someone that will work for $520 but not as qualified as the other.

Along with the regular zoo animals such as Lions, Zebras, Giraffes, Elephants (African and Asian), you also get Komodo Dragons, Sika Deer, Koala, Tortoise, white and black rhinos.

You can have 4 different speeds for the game. 32 terrain types.

Some other cool stuff is that you can actually save an exhibit and use it later for another scenario or free game!

I'm sure there is more but I haven't gone through all the tutorials.

Offline rightEyElash

• Affiliates
  • Pooper Scooper
    • http://www.geocities.com/zookapi
Zoo Empire
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2005, 12:17:33 AM »
Here are a couple of screenshots....the animals really look good.

http://zookapi.0catch.com/Zoo%20Empire%202.bmp

http://zookapi.0catch.com/Zoo%20Empire.bmp

Offline Texgnome1

• Old Gnome!
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Zoo Empire
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2005, 12:28:37 AM »
Hi there REL!  There is actually a topic on this.  I have not played it, but it is supposed to be decent from what I have heard.  I will merge.

Offline dinwrest

• Zookeeper
  • Personal text!Sweet!But it's public...I'M CONFUSED
Zoo Empire
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2005, 06:33:10 AM »
I played the trial . The animals and tree trunks are the only good graphic-ed things on it . The people are really stupid looking , the rocks well a bit too 3D , the leaves on trees look like they were taken from a bugs bunny cartoon .

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
Zoo Empire
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2005, 07:25:56 AM »
Could someone post a pick of all the different types of crocodilians and the Komodo Dragons? Thanks in advance.

Offline Flame_tiger5

• Zookeeper
Zoo Empire
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2005, 06:58:04 PM »
40 Animals, Komodo Dragons, Water Effects, And Train Tours Seems Okay And I found a site were you can Download the whole game

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Zoo Empire
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2005, 12:48:22 AM »
Originally posted by Megaraptor@Apr 24 2005, 03:25 PM
Could someone post a pick of all the different types of crocodilians and the Komodo Dragons? Thanks in advance.
if you pm me you email addy i will send you some pics but cant attach pics here.