Author Topic: How Do I Keeps Guest Off Elevated Jeep Tracks?  (Read 2536 times)

Offline Wildlife Enthusiast

• Zookeeper
How Do I Keeps Guest Off Elevated Jeep Tracks?
« on: February 24, 2006, 09:20:50 PM »
I didn't even know it was possible to place jeep tracks on elevated paths until I saw Zoohio's awesome zoo pics, but when I decided to try it I ended with problem-causing guests!!  I built single-square (width) paths just for jeep tracks, but I can't keep my stupid guests from walking down these areas instead of boarding the tour or ignoring the narrow path, since the game does not allow fences to be placed on elevated paths!! :grrr Any ideas??:idea  Thanks in advance!!  :happy

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 09:27:29 PM »
If you want to keep guests off (it's happened to me, too), you have to do one of two things. Either put a two space path, so guests can walk on it, OR put a gate at the entrance. Both will work.  :happy

• Zookeeper
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 09:33:57 PM »
Do you mean the jeep gate that you use on exhibit fences?  If so, I've tried that, but it won't let me put the gates on the elevated path.  See, I have the station of elevated pathways too, because I wanted to usee more space for exhibits.  Thanks for replying so quickly!

Offline wolfclan4515

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 09:34:06 AM »
Put a piece of fence across the elevated path entrance  and just run the jeep path through it.  It should create a jeep gate.

• Zookeeper
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 09:29:51 AM »
So, did I make a mistake by putting my jeep stations on elevated paths??  I wanted to have more exhibit space, but there is no way to block the intersection where the path leaves the "community area" as a single lane!! :crying

Can someone please figure out what file to edit in order to allow fences and gates and stuff to be added to elevated paths!?!?  I tried looking through some of the xml's, but each thing I tried wouldn't work!!!  I really don't want to start over AGAIN... I haven't even been able to get a single ES zoo past like 3 yrs, and I've had it since it first came out!! :grrr

I think I need a  :grouphug !!

Offline alloy61

• Doctor Who nut
  • Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 11:29:37 AM »
You might be able to work around the jeep station - I'm pretty sure it's possible to have several tiers of elevated paths, Penguinman did a fantastic maze in his survivor forum - here
You could have a raised path over the station to access the other side. As long as you keep the guest path and jeep path separate it should work

Offline Red-Panda-Freak

• Zookeeper
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 08:41:25 PM »
Could you post a picture of your elevated jeep track?  Maybe that way I can identify exactly what's wrong.

Offline Somedude

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 01:23:41 PM »
I'm a ZT2 player and there is no jeeps in my game so i'm guessing that you need ES to get jeeps and sky trams. :huh

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 01:31:50 PM »
Originally posted by Somedude@Mar 2 2006, 04:23 PM
I'm a ZT2 player and there is no jeeps in my game so i'm guessing that you need ES to get jeeps and sky trams. :huh
That's right, you do. Sorry.

• Zookeeper
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 11:10:55 PM »
:help  I posted 2 screenshots of my elevated stations on Photo Bucket....

As you can see from this first one, I am constantly getting the "animal is not contained messages" - I guess this happens when the gates open to allow jeeps into exhibits from elevated paths.  :huh
ElevatedJeepStation1
ElevatedJeepStation2

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2006, 08:11:44 AM »
Thanks for the screenshots - they DO help. Here's what you do - you put a second, 1 square fence either in front of or behind the original gate, it will make a one square on each side 'exhibit' space. Then, put a SECOND gate there. This was discovered to be the solution for animals escaping (which they do) when the first gate is open. We learned (very quickly) to do that!  :rolleyes  :lol It should solve your problems.

Offline Zoo

• Game Warden
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2006, 05:01:33 PM »
How on Earth are your animals not contained?! It's so dumb when this game does things like this. :lol

Offline Red-Panda-Freak

• Zookeeper
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2006, 08:23:53 PM »
That's some quality zoo building!  I think you just need some of those gates that have the archway over the top, instead of the ones that go up and down.  You might want to open a show-and-tell thread, to show off your skill!  I'd really like to see some more of that zoo.

Offline Animalman

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2006, 05:59:09 PM »
Put a fence around the track, otherwise its impossible!