Author Topic: Tips on Free Roaming Peafowls  (Read 26814 times)

º•ºMakaº•º

Tips on Free Roaming Peafowls
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2005, 02:31:15 PM »
Guests will only come to zoos if the animals are in some sort of fence...otherwise there will be no visitors  :sad

Offline karlhall39

• Zookeeper
    • http://
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2005, 02:34:48 PM »
if you put in a animal say the moose then peeps will come then add peafowls they seem to be the ones to add but be warned tey breed like wildfire once settled in and remember that they still need there usual items.

Offline Tatalp

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2005, 03:15:55 PM »
And I thought I was the only one with free range animals! :blink
Be warned, sometimes you wouldn't belive what animals are evil. Once I have free ranging gazelles and they kept attacking people!

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2005, 02:48:41 PM »
Originally posted by Harrypotter@Jun 18 2005, 02:00 AM
I only tried free roaming animals today when i made it like a safari and no guests came to the zoo
The same thing happened to me when I was doing a small temperate forest zoo. I had free ranging peafowl and pandas (both red and giant). But no one came because "Giant Panda 1 is not contained! Guests can only view animals that are contained!" But I've had free roaming peafowl before. Some wandered far away and nearly straved themselves!

Offline Zoo

• Game Warden
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2005, 11:17:50 PM »
I've had Free-Roaming American Beavers, I just made them a giant swamp, in the middle of my zoo, and put them there, they loved it also, they had like at least 10-13 babies a year. :blink

Bangles_AU

« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2005, 01:57:42 AM »
Does anyone know if its okayto let Peacocks and Kangaroos roam free? They seem to be the only animals that you don't get a warning for if they are not in an exhibit.

Do the guests get enjoyment from these animals? Will the zookeepers look after these animals?

I kinda like the idea of letting the peacocks roan cuz they make such a mess when they are in an exhibit.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2005, 02:00:20 AM »
we already have a topic on this so merging.

Offline Wildlife Enthusiast

• Zookeeper
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2005, 11:15:50 AM »
Can someone who has tried using free-roamiming peafowl, or any animal really, tell me if guests give donations for these animals??? :?

Offline Zoo

• Game Warden
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2005, 01:27:12 PM »
Wildlife Enthusiast, as far as I know, guests do not give donations for free roaming animals. :whistle

Offline Tyto alba

• Game Warden
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2005, 03:59:23 PM »
Originally posted by Bangles_AU@Aug 17 2005, 01:57 AM
Does anyone know if its okayto let Peacocks and Kangaroos roam free? They seem to be the only animals that you don't get a warning for if they are not in an exhibit.

Do the guests get enjoyment from these animals? Will the zookeepers look after these animals?

I kinda like the idea of letting the peacocks roan cuz they make such a mess when they are in an exhibit.
Well you can let them roam free, however the guests can't "see" them or react to them, I find they make just as much a mess free roaming, and then it gets everywhere instead of just their exhibit. :>< Zookeepers will look after them, but as usual, they're not very diligent. :lol

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2005, 10:53:24 AM »
Maybe in the Xp, maybe BF and MS will make guests watch free-roaming animals. And give donations!  :happy

• Zookeeper
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2005, 11:07:22 AM »
Yeah, that would be cool :cool......But there are many things I hope they "fix" or address in the Xp, and I'm afraid I may be disappointed in that aspect of it.  I'll be happy enough if they Xp does not have a whole host of new problems!  But I'll play it anyway, of course! :rolleyes

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2005, 08:21:06 AM »
Yeah, that would definitely be nice.  I don't really understand why they allowed the peafowl to be free roaming if no one notices them.

Offline lizardlips

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Roonil Wazlib
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2005, 05:00:33 PM »
Yeah... :w00t  On the nlgames.com zt2xp page, there's a pic of the inside leaf, and if you look closely, you can see a male peafowl on a lookout area in the midde of the path! :w00t

• Zookeeper
« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2005, 10:43:25 PM »
Unfortunately, that doesn't mean anyone will notice them :sad , but maybe they fixed it.

Offline spike164uk

• Zookeeper
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2005, 07:03:03 AM »
How come everyones so sure the guests dont notice the peafowls? I'm sure I've seen a guest say 'peafowl 1 is playing' or something when mine are free roaming? :huh

Offline lizardlips

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Roonil Wazlib
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2005, 07:30:01 AM »
Maybe their AI notices, but it just doesn't matter, or the guests just don't care. :whistle

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2005, 05:20:31 PM »
Maybe fennec foxes will be free-roaming in the Xp!

Offline Honor

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.doublehelixstudios.com
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2005, 08:14:57 PM »
Originally posted by kiwibuddy@Sep 3 2005, 08:20 PM
Maybe fennec foxes will be free-roaming in the Xp!
well Blue Fang already said that the Toucans and Bullfrogs are ambient... but nothing about free roaming, of course they also could have left that for us to discover on our own. But didn't someone discover the code to change to make any animal free roaming?

Offline Zoo

• Game Warden
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2005, 01:51:15 AM »
I find it pretty easy to have free roaming peafowls.

Offline HorseGal

• Zookeeper
« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2005, 07:05:14 PM »
When I get the Exp., I'm going to try free roaming horses!!  :D
I haven't tried the free roaming peafowl idea yet.......I'll try it, but I have to wait 'til I get the Exp......

Offline Amber1983

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.geocities.com/alaska_gurl_42o/index.html?1081121772130
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2005, 10:50:30 AM »
I never tried letting them be freeroaming, something new to try in ZT2 though :D  Since I think I have done everything else you can possibly do in the game  :rolleyes  I have owned it ever since the first day it was released.

Offline dootdoot

• Zookeeper
« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2005, 07:23:51 AM »
In the Exp. it says something about having no fences. When I get the Exp. I'm having free-roaming wolves and tigers and lions and bears and koalas and every other critter!

Yay! The Exp. has WOLVES!! I've tried a bunch of zoo games (including ZE) and haven't found wolves! THANK-YOU BLUE FANG!

Free-roaming animals are fun but they make my guests all wacky  :P Maybe it'll be different in the exp? Gotta try those peafowl.

Offline returnofthequagga

• Zookeeper
    • My Deviantart Page
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2005, 07:45:52 AM »
in the XP maybe I can use only elevated paths and/or sky trams, put a fence around the entrance so the guests can get in and out but not animals, and have an african safari/rainforest/american grassland zoo!!! :w00t

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2005, 06:35:16 PM »
Free roaming beavers work out. When they interact with guests, the guests will bend donw and kind of pet it while the beaver curiously gets up on it's hind legs and stares at him/her. But then the guest will think "Shouldn't American Beaver soandso be in an exhibit?" or something like that, and then you'll get a message saying, American Beaver has escaped! and then the zookeepers will go nuts and hunt it down unless you assign them to other exhibits besides beavers. So therefore, you'll have to take care of the beavers yourself.

Even though the most recent BF and MS interview said that they had no plans on making a patch for guests and free-roaming animals. But I did see a picture free-roaming peafowl in one picture they had.

I think good free-roaming animals would be: Common Peafowl, American Beaver, Greater Flamingo, Red Panda, Fennec Fox, Crested Gibbon, Koala, Emperor Penguin, Galapagos Tortoise. Just ignore the every so often animal attacks guests events and eveything should be fine! :lol:

Sorry for the long post. :blush