Author Topic: New Models for ZT2  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Spirit of the Night

• Pooper Scooper
New Models for ZT2
« on: October 15, 2006, 10:17:40 AM »
Does anybody know programs to create models that could become animals for ZT2. Also, is it possible for the skinners and coders to take a model and make an animal out of it? Because i would gladdly use my time to create some more cool models

Offline Sonic_The_Hedghog

• Pooper Scooper
New Models for ZT2
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 10:37:07 PM »
Currently on my recognition, I belive you can only edit models already existing in ZT2 with all the same animations and such. So you couldn't make a trex out of a crocodile or a dragon out of a monitor ect.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
New Models for ZT2
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 10:55:55 PM »
There are many people trying to edit ZT2 models right now, but right now the only truly successful model change is Littlemog's Unicorn, which you can download here at ZA. Programs that are currently being used are NifSkope and Blender. Littlemog made a tutorial for anyone who wants to try.

Sonic is right though; currently we can only edit models, not create new ones from scratch.

Also, just as a reminder to everyone, please don't PM and bug those who are making the new models; as designers and members of this forum, they are protected by the [topic=1576]forum rules[/topic], and if you are found to be harrassing our designers, whether in the threads or through PMs, the staff can and will raise your warning level and/or put you on mod preview. Not directed at anyone in particular, just nipping it in the bud :happy:

Offline Spirit of the Night

• Pooper Scooper
New Models for ZT2
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 06:24:23 PM »
How does BF create models then? Considering that while money is a factor, i will pay up to 2 or $300 for this so does anyone have a clue?

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
New Models for ZT2
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 07:25:06 PM »
I *believe* they use something called Gamebryo or something which costs thousands of dollars. :crying: