Author Topic: Marine Challenges  (Read 4901 times)

Offline GoneWild

• Senior Zookeeper
Marine Challenges
« on: October 22, 2006, 12:46:56 PM »
I have been playing challenge mode for a while and I haven't gotten a marine mania challenge yet.  Does anyone know any of the challenges?  I just want to get the tv and the tuna asap.

Offline eye_of_the_tiger

• Zookeeper
Marine Challenges
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 01:04:51 PM »
there are a couple with vip guests. those are marine animal challenges. there is one where you get to take in a show dolphin for 3 months with some of the tricks already trained, you dont even have to use the dolphin in a show, just make sure that none of the needs hit critical. i havent found a second show challenge, but the tuna rocks, and it feels more natural than the arctic cod in a lot of exhibits.:happy:

Offline dinwrest

• Zookeeper
  • Personal text!Sweet!But it's public...I'M CONFUSED
Marine Challenges
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 01:46:00 PM »
I'm working on one right now . Basically you have to breed three marine species within two months . You get a reward based on the animals you breed. No shows yet , though. I got a question around the same thing. With the tuna and TV do you get to keep them in all zoos or is it only in the zoos that you finished the challenges in?

Offline GoneWild

• Senior Zookeeper
Marine Challenges
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 02:04:10 PM »
do you know what animals or objects trigger the challenges?

off topic question; do the walruses use the ice berg a lot because mine don't, and I haven't seen one use it yet?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 02:07:30 PM by GoneWild »

Offline Zoo102

• Pooper Scooper
Marine Challenges
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 02:36:09 PM »
I had a challenge where I had to capture picture of Cretacean (Dolphin or whale type species) performing three different tricks in a show and for a reward you get $2000...
I had a beluga and a show tanks so that might have trigger it...

Also I had one where you had to raise $500 in donations for marien animals in 2 months and you would recieve a marine gift cart... It was one of the starting challenges that randomly appear when you start a challenge game...

Offline eye_of_the_tiger

• Zookeeper
Marine Challenges
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 06:03:33 PM »
hmm, i had a pinniped version of your cetacean challenge zoo102, but they were all sealion tricks anyways. but i unlocked the big screen tv. :woot:

Offline topcatdk

• Pooper Scooper
Marine Challenges
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 01:10:39 AM »
Question:

Does anyone know if the marine challenges appear in an old game (started before installing MM) or do you need to start a new game before they'll show up.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Marine Challenges
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 01:14:15 AM »
Generally, I think you need to start a new zoo in order for the new challenges to appear to you after installing a new XP.

Offline Spider Monkey

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Marine Challenges
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 11:59:44 AM »
In one challenge, I was given a sick manatee to care for and release back into the wild within 2 months (very easy - but I was low on cash so it was challenging to make a tank big enough for the manatee),

In another, I had to take a picture of a hippo walking underwater, a polar bear doing a barrel roll (took forever!) and a penguin diving.

Voila!  Tuna for everyone!

Offline GoneWild

• Senior Zookeeper
Marine Challenges
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 02:55:49 PM »
I tried putting hippos and polar bears and I have a beluga show going and I still can't get any marine challenges.  they all seem like zt2 challenges.

Offline Flames The Dragon

• Senior Zookeeper
Marine Challenges
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 03:53:36 PM »
those anyone have a picture of the tuna and tv I could see please and those anyone think you can unlock the blue whale they have pictures of it in the blue whale hall(just got the blue whale hall: :) : )

Offline Spider Monkey

• Pooper Scooper
Marine Challenges
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 05:08:39 PM »
I would think a blue whale would require a rather enormous tank!

I'm not sure how to post pics.  The tuna are not as big as I was hoping.

Offline lf11

• Pooper Scooper
Marine Challenges
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 01:23:27 AM »
I didn't even know you could unlock stuff in challenge games, lol. I thought it was only in the campaigns you could unlock stuff. Do you have to have a new zoo for every item, or can you just have one zoo and still get all the items? Also can you use the stuff you get in challenge games in the freeform games like you can with the campaign items? Sorry if that is confusing.

Offline topcatdk

• Pooper Scooper
Marine Challenges
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 03:08:02 PM »
Just loaded one of my old challenge games to take a look before starting a fresh one to try the new marina challenges, imagine my surprise when a marina challenge showed up right after loading so it seems like they do indeed show up when loading a pre-marina game, only one problem the sorting of the animal list is messed up.....

Offline Birdman

• Zookeeper
Marine Challenges
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 02:20:04 AM »
Can you use the stuff you unlock in all of your zoos?

Offline lf11

• Pooper Scooper
Marine Challenges
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2006, 11:39:54 PM »
I started a zoo earlier today but I don't like it, think I'm going to start a new one.
Well I think I answered my own question I had about the items you unlock being used in other games. If you look under the awards and click on the second little button, it has persistent rewards. In there is listed all the things I unlocked in campaign mode, plus the jungle themed buildings etc... So I'm thinking that means you can use those items in freeform once you have unlocked them. What do you think?

Offline Nique

• Just Nique... nothin' fancy
  • Global Moderator
  • Scientist
    • NotionsbyNique*
Marine Challenges
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2006, 05:51:21 AM »
That's absolutely correct! Once, you've unlocked the "persistent" awards - those are yours...

Offline trumpetlover2323

• Pooper Scooper
Marine Challenges
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2007, 05:46:37 PM »
I got a marine challenge or two but it took forever.  One of them was the one with dolphin tricks but I can't remember the other.  I had a beluga show and a number of other exhibits and shows.

Offline Ixion

• Zookeeper
  • doughnuts: heart didease in a ring
Marine Challenges
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 06:19:10 PM »
I haven't unlocked any either! then again i haven't played much, because my game kept freezing up : :P :

Offline animal artist

• Pooper Scooper
Marine Challenges
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2007, 02:53:45 PM »
I have recieved my TV but am still trying to get the tuna.
1 of my challenges is to get a photo of some guy looking at a hammerhead and a gobin shark. I have taken pictures of him looking through binoc's at them but i get no sound to acknowledge that i took the right picture nor is the goal completed.
Have been waiting and waiting for him to just look through the glass but - not yet. (took the binoc's away).:loony:

OT: since having my power supply thing fixed I havn't had any running problems with the game.

Offline catfan

• Zookeeper
  • Small or big, don't mess with the cat!
Marine Challenges
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2007, 12:37:59 PM »
Hey, you can get tuna by winning the MM challenge?!

Offline Ixion

• Zookeeper
  • doughnuts: heart didease in a ring
Marine Challenges
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2007, 02:46:28 PM »
Uhh, yeah! He he. Oh, little kittyfan. Got up on the wrong side of the litter box, hm?(sorry, sorry, had to say it : :P : !)

Offline catfan

• Zookeeper
Marine Challenges
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2007, 04:34:38 PM »
Actually, no!!:sign_alri   Anyway, I don't like those kind of challenges. It takes forever to get the objects!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 07:20:18 PM by catfan »

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Marine Challenges
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2007, 04:35:10 PM »
RND has made an unlock hack for it

Offline catfan

• Zookeeper
Marine Challenges
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2007, 04:44:03 PM »
cool, but how do you use it?