Author Topic: Arluq The Orca  (Read 3514 times)

Offline Flames The Dragon

• Senior Zookeeper
Arluq The Orca
« on: October 23, 2006, 01:36:35 PM »
I finished the Marine Biomes Zoo and now am stuck here am at the last one where you must get 20,000  in donatains I have about 12,000 or 14,00 or some where in beetwen I hav`ent counted in a long time and can any help with this

Offline eye_of_the_tiger

• Zookeeper
Arluq The Orca
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 01:45:55 PM »
try training arluq, guests love orca shows.

Offline Flames The Dragon

• Senior Zookeeper
Arluq The Orca
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 02:10:06 PM »
so that will get them more donations?1ll go try it

Offline Spider Monkey

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Arluq The Orca
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 02:10:45 PM »
Hire extra educators, set the admission price to free, be sure to place extra donation boxes everywhere, add a few ATMs, and put a few discovery kiosks.  Hope this helps!

Offline eye_of_the_tiger

• Zookeeper
Arluq The Orca
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 02:35:44 PM »
yeah, guests love shows, make sure you put multiple donation boxes nearby the grand stands.

Offline lf11

• Pooper Scooper
Arluq The Orca
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 01:06:23 AM »
I just built up the tanks that were already there. I added 3 rockhopper penguins, 2 manatese and 2 green sea turtles with the sea lions. I then added 2 marlins and 1 leatherback sea turtle with the whales. I did not add anything to the manta ray and shark tank. I added a couple kiosks, seahorse tank and a couple more food stands, to bring my fame up high enough to get some of the animals.

Offline King Hoopla

• Zookeeper
  • The King of Excitment!
    • Zoo Tycoon Volcano
Arluq The Orca
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 04:51:06 PM »
I just waited for about an hour for the donations to trickle in. I didn't add anything but a few more donation boxes.

Offline eiy

• Pooper Scooper
Arluq The Orca
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 06:36:17 PM »
I just completed this scenario a different way: by breeding Arlug.  After completing the scenario the first time by releasing Arlug, I thought maybe if I can address the social needs I can keep her.  I was right!  If Arlug has a baby you win the scenario, too, and you get to keep her.  Yeah!

Offline eye_of_the_tiger

• Zookeeper
Arluq The Orca
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 06:50:52 PM »
i figured there'd be some other way to do it, but i just dont have the capacity to make a 5 star zoo in 3 months.

Offline eiy

• Pooper Scooper
Arluq The Orca
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 07:26:35 PM »
you have a lot more time than 3 months.  the clock starts when Arlug shows up.  she doesn't show up until you get $5000 donation for marine animals.  so what i did was i put all the marine animals that came with the scenario in the back, and kept the traffic low there.  meanwhile i built up big mixed habitates like savannah, scrub, tropical rainforest, and desert, etc.  i used non-marine animals to get me to 5 stars. then i kept declining animal adoptions until orca shows up in the first 2 slots (so that i won't lose them if the zoo loses fame).  i kept the zoo going and used the proceeds to build up the complete living quarter for Arlug, including food, enrichment objects, etc. once i got it all set up i started adding more marine animals and beefing up the tank areas, etc., to increase donation for marine animals.  then as soon as Arlug shows up i released all animals and sold everything, which gave me a total of about $60K cash, enough to buy a new orca and kept them living for a while.  then i just wait.  it worked.

Offline Doomchild

• Pooper Scooper
Arluq The Orca
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 07:32:17 PM »
the 3 month period starts when you provide arluq with the 2 enrichment items, so just dont give her that untill you're sure you can afford another orca, i did it like that, but i got impatient and unfortunatly i did have a 5 star zoo, i had the orca available for adoption but the 3 month period ended just before i had enough to buy one, since i already had 20,000 donation i could just release her to finish the scenario.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Arluq The Orca
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 12:05:11 AM »
for my Arlug to complete i had to breed here and once she had her baby the scenerio ended but even though i had completed all the campaigns i still didnt get the whale hall.  Had to hack the options file to get it.

Offline Nique

• Just Nique... nothin' fancy
  • Global Moderator
  • Scientist
    • NotionsbyNique*
Arluq The Orca
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 03:12:15 AM »
That's strange. Unfortuantely, I wasn't able to keep her quite happy enough so she couldn't be released to the wild - instead the game gave me a different goal: earn $20,000 in Orca donations - that I did AND I did get the Blue Whale Hall. It seems that a few of the glitches weren't completely fixed in beta.

Offline TaraM

• Pooper Scooper
Arluq The Orca
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 08:07:08 AM »
That's interesting that there are different ways of winning it. I might try that one again.

For me, it said to breed her, so I did, and as soon as the baby was born I had won the scenario. It didn't take very long because by that time I already had another Orca in her tank. In fact if I remember right, by the time I was told to breed her, she was already pregnant.

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
Arluq The Orca
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2006, 08:38:36 PM »
I just waited around until the thing popped up and told me I had enough donations. At the end, did they make you release her into the wild? I didn't really find this scenario that hard.

Offline icepengwyn

• Pooper Scooper
Arluq The Orca
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 01:44:01 PM »
<>
For me, I got the 20k, but as the whale was red in the social need, I could not release it to the wild. So I waited to adopt a mate, and then released her.

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
Arluq The Orca
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 07:45:50 PM »
well, yeah, mine was red in the social need, but they still let her into the wild so that she could socialize with other whales. :blink:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 07:12:49 AM by germanwolf »

Offline mo_uk

• Pooper Scooper
Orca
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2007, 06:38:59 AM »
Can you only adopt another Orca at 5 stars?

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
Arluq The Orca
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2007, 07:12:21 AM »
Yes. Orcas become available at 5 stars. So, they wont show up in the adoption panel until you have 5 stars.

Offline luckybunny

• Zookeeper
  • Don't kiss flamingoes- it's not healthy
Arluq The Orca
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2007, 11:43:37 AM »
I had to do it BOTH ways to get the Blue Whale Hall... at least I got it