Author Topic: Earthquakes  (Read 8433 times)

Offline Candypanda57

• Pooper Scooper
Earthquakes
« on: June 25, 2006, 05:41:40 PM »
I was just wondering - while playing the ZT2 game has anyone had an earthquake happen in their zoo? It hasn't happened to me but both my brother and my cousin have had earthquakes in their games. They were both playing a challenge game at the time. My cousin said that alot of the fences in the game became damaged and the challenge was to see if she could get them all repaired in a certain amount of time. I don't recall how much time she was given. My cousin has actually had earthquakes at least twice in challenge games. I kinda wish it would happen in my game just to see what all goes on. My cousin said it is a pain in the butt. She said she also has had to check on all of the animals because they tend to end up in the wrong exhibit or in no exhibit at all. We all love our ZT2 game anyway!!!: :) :

Offline Dinostine

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Earthquakes
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 05:49:04 PM »
My cousin also has had an earthquake it just pops up and then the fences are broken
and it only happens in challenge mode

Offline alwaysreo

• Pooper Scooper
Earthquakes
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 05:55:06 PM »
Yep they sure do happen! And yes it can be a pain to go around and fix all of the holes in your fences. But that is part of the fun of it:)
As you siad they are only in challenge games though.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 05:57:34 PM by alwaysreo »

Offline Samberri

• Pooper Scooper
  • Sam
Earthquakes
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 06:03:49 PM »
I had one happen.
They are no fun,
and it's a mess after one happens.

Offline Lord Typhoon

• Pooper Scooper
Earthquakes
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 08:52:39 PM »
tell me about it I had just completed  five star large Zoo it tooke me A whole hour to fix all the damege it stunk so bad

Offline Bjrichards

• Zookeeper
Earthquakes
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 04:27:38 AM »
i only make small zoos so when that happens its not to messy

its fun to watch the camels run around and spit on people when they get loose after a earthquake

Offline IWantDownloads

• Zookeeper
Earthquakes
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 04:33:21 AM »
It happened 2 me 2. I was just waiting for a challenge, and bam! the whole game started shaking. I thought I had a problem with the game but right afterwards the challenge pop's up, telling me that if I fix the fences I'll get some money or smething like that.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Earthquakes
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 05:03:10 AM »
moving to ZT2 challenges and scenerios

Offline kestera

• Pooper Scooper
Earthquakes
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 05:48:43 AM »
IT happened to me i thought there was something was wrong then it said that you just had a earthquake it was cool.

Offline flickerfoot714

• Pooper Scooper
Earthquakes
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 10:59:04 AM »
I've had earthquakes in my challenge zoos and they are really, really, really annoying. Especially when you've got a large zoo with lots of animals and your carnivores are hungry. I made the mistake of exhibiting a pride of lions right next to the herbivore-only African exhibit, and sure enough I was missing a few zebras when the damage was repaired. So, yeah... earthquakes are evil!!!

Offline Russ1

• Pooper Scooper
Earthquakes
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 11:08:57 AM »
I had one of those. I thought the screen was going funny cus i was in zookeeper mode at the time. Everything shook and there was also a rumbling noise.

Offline Littlemog

• Pooper Scooper
Earthquakes
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 11:45:09 AM »
Everyone that has trouble with their critters getting out etc... why not just pause the game while you fix everything? Doesn't help the animals getting spooked (unless it's coincidence that every single time I have an earthquake there's dozens of animals really hungry/thirsty/tired) but stops them escaping and such.

I think there's a bug where if you delete a fence instead of just building over it, it doesn't register you've 'fixed' it, even if you put a new fence where it was. I think you may also need to have the game unpaused when you replace the last bit, but I'm not 100% sure.

Offline HAL9000

• Zookeeper
Earthquakes
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2006, 12:41:07 PM »
I had a problem when an earthquake hit my zoo. The zoo was very new so it didn't take long to replace the fences(I was on pause.)  But once I had rebuilt everything the notice saying i fixed them all did not come up.  About ten minutes after the fences were rebuilt, it popped up.

Offline supremeruler77

• Zookeeper
Earthquakes
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2006, 01:18:33 PM »
so this is a challenge? cant you just decline the challenge?

Offline HAL9000

• Zookeeper
Earthquakes
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2006, 01:50:44 PM »
Well, first the earthquake comes and then the challenge pops up once the fences are destroyed.  You don't really have much of a choice.

Offline bridmorgan

• Copa Cabana
  • Pooper Scooper
Earthquakes
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2006, 03:01:23 PM »
Quote from: Bjrichards
i only make small zoos so when that happens its not to messy

its fun to watch the camels run around and spit on people when they get loose after a earthquake

LOLOL I never even thought to look at the animals when they escape!  I will next time I get a quake though!!  LOL

Offline Red Panda Twins

• Senior Zookeeper
Earthquakes
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2006, 05:44:54 PM »
I've had earthquakes twice and never really had a problem.  I paused the game and replaced everything.

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
Earthquakes
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2006, 06:28:19 PM »
Can somebody post a pic? :original:

Offline Howling Shadow Wolf

• Snow Tigers
  • Zookeeper
Earthquakes
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2006, 11:10:34 PM »
Never had one,and nevrer knew they could happen!!! once while coding,and browsing around through files,i saw sound earthquake,but i didnt think it was an actual earthquake! :P  Wonder if you can get tornados too? :laughing:

Now that i heard about it...i wanna get one!:badgnome:  but only once cuz ppl say theyre bad,and i beleive them: :) :

300th post!:original:

Offline Taun

• Zookeeper
Earthquakes
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2006, 12:30:39 AM »
I got two straight after each other, annoying but well worth making £20,000 out of it.

I paused the game and replaced all the fences, then unpaused it and it poped up i completed it so i wouldnt say that you needed to unpause the game before repairing the last piece of fence

Offline Budgielover101

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
Earthquakes
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2006, 12:40:07 AM »
I had one and thought my game was going crazy until i got the challenge thing pop up :rolleyes: It was only a small zoo and I thought it was quite cool! however I can agree that it must be a pain when you have a large zoo. :mellow:
I just paused the game while I was fixing fences and moving animals (guests all running around screaming)
The weird thing was It happened just I had placed something and I thought it had stuffed the game up! scary!

Offline CheLinGul

• Pooper Scooper
Earthquake
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2006, 04:09:37 AM »
Hi.

I has heard about earthquakes.
I want to "try" the earthquake, but how can i "call" it to me?

Offline SageofWater

• Raptor Pack
  • Zookeeper
Earthquakes
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2006, 04:12:28 AM »
It happens in challenge mode and its just random so you just have to watch and see.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 04:26:04 AM by SageofWater »

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Earthquakes
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2006, 04:22:31 AM »
Yep SageofWater is correct. You just have to wait for it. It's an act of nature, after all :thumbsup:

Merged with current topic on earthquakes. In the future, please use the search feature to make sure a similar thread on your subject has not already been created. Thanks!

Offline spiderdraco

• Pooper Scooper
Earthquakes
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2006, 12:56:22 PM »
Wow! I want an earthquake in my zoo right now!!! I'm going to play more challenge games to see what happens, especially when i've done a tiger or lion exhibit next to the zebras or gazelles.